ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Top 100 Final Rankings- UofL Recruits

Gotta have at least one more guard that has SOME type of passing ability. We just cannot go another season of one guard having to be on the floor for the entire game and not only wearing him down, but having no option to replace them if they are stinking up the joint. If we fail to get a competent rotation of at least three guards, then Payne has no more leeway and if we are not even competent, he's done. Don't even wait the entire season to fire him and let things get nasty beyond attacks of his coaching ability, like there are already some subtle and not so subtle things as it is.

I tend to agree it is in their best interest to find a quality backup PG. However are examples of teams playing with a really short bench. North Carolina went to the final game with basically 5 guys. Also Louisville went to the final 4 with Garcia being a point forward. This years UCONN team used Jackson who was not a PG to run their offense.

The question is can the find a ball handling guard willing to play a back up roll? Will they be any better than Miller? It really boils down to the team makeup. Last years group needed to be benched but that doesn’t mean this group will.

I have no idea if they will land the one kid but if they do I am not worried about another guard. Between him and Flowers they can initiate the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT