ADVERTISEMENT

Duke and Florida State

Sioux Falls Eric

One-Star Poster
Jul 30, 2017
Sioux falls South Dakota
So it seems that analytics is going to rear its ugly head into college football and ruin it just like in the Pros. Duke just went for it on fourth down with a cold back back up Qb when they could have kicked a field goal and went up by 6.

I don’t guess there’s any way they could both lose!!

That fourth and goal call with a cold backup QB must have been called in by Mario Cristobal!

Reactions: Sioux Falls Eric
The ACC has some seriously talented QBs; Travis is “a gamer”, and FSU is worthy of its #4 ranking. Duke is a contender with a healthy Riley Leonard, and a pretender without him.
Dukes defense looked good at times but FSU finally got to them and they wore out. I wonder if our offense will have the same effect

That ^^^^^ did appear to be the difference in Dukes defense being unable to stop Travis and the FSU offense. It was no coincidence that Duke’s inability to generate any offense once Leonard left hurt, occurred at the same time FSU’s offense came alive. Time of possession flipped as soon as Leonard left the game.

Reactions: rh62531
Dukes defense looked good at times but FSU finally got to them and they wore out. I wonder if our offense will have the same effect
Duke's defense is #60 vs. the run and 8th vs. the pass. Run it effectively and throw when we WANT to not HAVE to.

Duke has been rather fortunate until losing Leonard on Saturday. Their early season win over Clemson was somewhat marred by fumbles by both teams, and I am not sure it was a fair indication of either team. Clearly Clemson is no where close to where it has been in the past. The impressive win over NCST should be noted that Wolfpack played without QB Armstrong.

Not meaning to minimize the Blue Devils, just not sure how they match up against UL.

Reactions: Mayoman
Duke has been rather fortunate until losing Leonard on Saturday. Their early season win over Clemson was somewhat marred by fumbles by both teams, and I am not sure it was a fair indication of either team. Clearly Clemson is no where close to where it has been in the past. The impressive win over NCST should be noted that Wolfpack played without QB Armstrong.

Not meaning to minimize the Blue Devils, just not sure how they match up against UL.

The Wolfpack benched Armstrong - he has had a disastrous year. And in the Clemson game both teams lost 2 fumbles so it didn’t necessarily advantage one team over the other. You can see that they are a very solid team by watching their games against FSU and ND.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT