ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing Offensive Performance

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
ND had 0 shot blockers. They did manage to block 1 shot last night. With no lack of interior presence to concern us, it was baffling to see us hoist so many bad shots instead of pounding it to Harrell.

They are a very poor defensive team and it was disappointing watching our guys fail to move the ball around and work it to Harrell consistently at the high and/or low post.

That was a game Harrell could have pushed for 30 pts/15 rebound type of performance but we did not do a good job of feeding him.

Rozier is really struggling. I don't know if it is more about defenses keying on stopping him or what it is exactly. He's got to be smart enough to know he can't dribble around the perimeter trying to beat two to three guys at a time, but he's really fallen into that. The result has been low % jumpers or a turnover that leads to an easy basket for the opposition. To me this is the biggest problem I see offensively right now. I don't mind him using his quickness to draw defenses but when he does that he's got to find Snider or Blackshear for 3, or get it to Harrell down low.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
ND had 0 shot blockers. They did manage to block 1 shot last night. With no lack of interior presence to concern us, it was baffling to see us hoist so many bad shots instead of pounding it to Harrell.

They are a very poor defensive team and it was disappointing watching our guys fail to move the ball around and work it to Harrell consistently at the high and/or low post.

That was a game Harrell could have pushed for 30 pts/15 rebound type of performance but we did not do a good job of feeding him.

Rozier is really struggling. I don't know if it is more about defenses keying on stopping him or what it is exactly. He's got to be smart enough to know he can't dribble around the perimeter trying to beat two to three guys at a time, but he's really fallen into that. The result has been low % jumpers or a turnover that leads to an easy basket for the opposition. To me this is the biggest problem I see offensively right now. I don't mind him using his quickness to draw defenses but when he does that he's got to find Snider or Blackshear for 3, or get it to Harrell down low.
I saw glimpses of a high/low offense last night. Other than that, I agree about the baffling decisions being made on the floor. ND isn't that good but they are better than UofL. Then again, there are a lot of teams better than this UofL team. We're on our way to a 10 loss season. Might as well accept that right now today. The only way 10 losses doesn't happen is the Cards upset UVA (not likely), upset everyone and win the ACC tourney (even more unlikely) or win the national championship (a pipe dream at best).

Yep UL getting beat in the first rd of the NCAA;s is the more reality, likely scenario for this team this year. Pretty sad,

Only 3 teams have failed to score 60 on Notre Dame - Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Louisville

The offensive struggles are a product of the coaching and offensive sets, not shooting. If Louisville were getting open shots and missing, you could blame shooting. UofL couldn't even get open looks against one of the worst defenses in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT