ADVERTISEMENT

Dino Babers Gone

Syracuse is a tough place to win because of its location and harsh winters. If I was an up and coming Coach I would pass if offered this job. It's a place where Coaching careers go to die.

That is telling I remember when Urban Myers, Bobby Petrino and Dan Hawkins were the talk of the country. They all had explosive offenses and now they are assistant coaches, coaching at a small school and not coaching at all.

What they need is an offensive guru similar to Mumme Ball. Defense, what's that? Go full on pass happy. Get creative, move the ball, and score points. Fast break basketball but on the football field.

Syracuse has plenty of football tradition. Like us, they need a coach that knows their program and works to its strengths. It’s hard, but it can be done.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I agree a good coach can win there is has been fine before. There are tons of schools in nowheresville and they have winning programs.

I think they need a system coach that has been successful winning with less. A similar hire as Kansas St. I would look the the New Mexico St coach. The guy can coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT