ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Askew 4 or 5 star point guard

That's a pretty big cop out calling it Nike Nike Nike. What's your excuse for Kansas getting top talent? Snoop Dogg?

Maybe Mack isn't an elite recruiter. Maybe the NCAA junk is killing him. Maybe elite players just don't want to come to Louisville. Lot's of factors involved.
Louisville has never played the shoe game. This isn't very hard to understand. Kansas was in deep with the shoe game. Explain how Pitino maybe the best player development coach in the game couldn't land multiple elite players in one class? How does all time top ten program never get multiple elite players in one class since the 90's? The answer is he didn't play that game. The FBI deal pretty much tells us that. The FBI thing also tells us how much shoe and AAU program influence the game. I think it is a tactical error to ignore that reality.

I think Mack is really good at recruiting and player development. I believe they did a good job and thought they were getting Askew, Stewart and the other kid that choose Duke. Recruiting is incredibly tough and what coach doesn't want the best players. They will still sign a good class I am not worried about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT