ADVERTISEMENT

Decision Soon?

I can’t wait for Josh to start moving and shaking. Right now he does nothing. Let’s freaking see some action, a decision, just a press release…
A press release? That WOULD be malpractice. You get your ducks in a row, then make a move. None of us really know what’s happening behind the scenes. Having press conferences or press notices when there is not a final announcement to be made is silly.

A press release? That WOULD be malpractice. You get your ducks in a row, then make a move. None of us really know what’s happening behind the scenes. Having press conferences or press notices when there is not a final announcement to be made is silly.
So in your book, it's OK for him to say nothing at all until he fires him at the end of the year or the year after that?

Silence is NOT leadership when your once proud and flagship program is as pitiful as this one AND you can't get 2000 people to a game.

We should move games to Cardinal Arena.

He needs to do or say SOMETHING. Support him, fire him, whatever, but SOMETHING.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
Apparently there won't be any decision soon. This song and dance will continue until the end of this season,at which time KP will get another year or not.
Don't shoot me,I'm just reading the tea leaves.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
From Bozich column: "When asked directly if he talked to Heird about the status of his job, Payne said, "I have not ... I believe Josh (Heird) wants us to be good. He wants us to make this fan base proud. I know he wants the guys to enjoy being here. I have the same goals.”

Imagine having to tell your basketball coach at this program that he wants the team to be good and make the fans proud. Like that shouldn't be a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
Another case study in U of L managing a crisis. Hopefully, the collection will someday be published in hard cover...

Apparently there won't be any decision soon. This song and dance will continue until the end of this season,at which time KP will get another year or not.
Don't shoot me,I'm just reading the tea leaves.
I'm hoping we know something after the Uk game but you may be correct.

So in your book, it's OK for him to say nothing at all until he fires him at the end of the year or the year after that?

Silence is NOT leadership when your once proud and flagship program is as pitiful as this one AND you can't get 2000 people to a game.

We should move games to Cardinal Arena.

He needs to do or say SOMETHING. Support him, fire him, whatever, but SOMETHING.
To me, silence speaks very loudly indeed. Things are in the works. It doesn’t just happen overnight, especially if you want to do it right.

To me, silence speaks very loudly indeed. Things are in the works. It doesn’t just happen overnight, especially if you want to do it right.
This is true. If Heird was supporting him he would have come out and spoken by now in support of KP.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
If there is any truth in the rumors about Davis and Payne fighting; Heird has an opportunity to terminate with cause. Tough spot for any AD, but it takes a real leader to make those challenging decisions in order to be successful.
With cause! Lol, No, Payne will get fired and get a payout.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT