ADVERTISEMENT

Damion Lee will average..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what he will average but from watching film on him there are two things I really like. Very quick release on the catch and shoot. Does a good job of getting his feet set as the pass is on the way. Uses his left hand a lot around the rim. Much easier to score from the left side of the court when you do this.

Last edited:
He will average 18 ppg for the cards this season, Fella is a scoring machine.

LoL! Not likely. Aren't you the same UK poster who started a thread over there asking who is better all around player between Jamal Murray and Andrew Wiggins? Neither thread is to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
LoL! Not likely. Aren't you the same UK poster who started a thread over there asking who is better all around player between Jamal Murray and Andrew Wiggins? Neither thread is to be taken seriously.

Affirmative.
As for the Murray and Wiggins thing, I didn't see that one, but I'll reserve judgement for when Murray actually plays college ball. That said, Wiggins' all-around game is not highly impressive. Very flashy player, very athletic, but doesn't excel defensively, doesn't shoot well from deep, and is an average passer. Solid ceiling, will become a good shooter at some point, but I don't think he'll ever be a star.
Like I said though, I'd love to wait and see some games played beforehand.

Affirmative.
As for the Murray and Wiggins thing, I didn't see that one, but I'll reserve judgement for when Murray actually plays college ball. That said, Wiggins' all-around game is not highly impressive. Very flashy player, very athletic, but doesn't excel defensively, doesn't shoot well from deep, and is an average passer. Solid ceiling, will become a good shooter at some point, but I don't think he'll ever be a star.
Like I said though, I'd love to wait and see some games played beforehand.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion of Wiggins being not highly impressive. But he was elected as the Kia Rookie of the Year, receiving 110 of the 130 first place votes. Seems most NBA people were more impressed with him than you were.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion of Wiggins being not highly impressive. But he was elected as the Kia Rookie of the Year, receiving 110 of the 130 first place votes. Seems most NBA people were more impressed with him than you were.

Oh no, don't mistaken me, he's an impressive player, but I don't feel like it's because he has an elite, well-rounded game. He's a decent all-around player with elite athleticism, and elite slashing ability. He was drafted based on that. He's not an above average defender yet, but his size, length, and athleticism will allow him to be in time. He's not a terrific shooter from deep, but he has tons of potential to be. He can hit them when they're open, and his shooting stroke is solid. Already very good from mid-range. Not an extraordinary passer, and certainly not an extraordinary rebounder for his size and athleticism at his position.
The thing that he does, he does very, very well, but as far as all-around games go, he has a way to go. His PER is evident of that, as it's the lowest of all #1 draft picks in the past few years.

What will he average?

Louisville has a lot of backcourt firepower, and he's playing in a significantly more difficult conference than the one Drexel played in. I'm going to go with 14, with a max of 15 ppg. He was Drexel's offensive focal point in a weak conference. It has more to do with the players around him now, and the conference he is in, than it has to do with him. Needless to say, some of it has to do with him. He's simply not going to be able to perform like an All-American against high D1 level players on a consistent basis.

The thing that he does, he does very, very well, but as far as all-around games go, he has a way to go. His PER is evident of that, as it's the lowest of all #1 draft picks in the past few years.
You have to go all the way back to 2013 to find a #1 draft pick with a lower PER than Andrew Wiggins

Caveman Catfan said: "Auburn is still on [Micheal Boykin's] list? Does that make Auburn his favorite?"

Would make the most sense. Why go to "Auburn of the ACC" when you can just go to uh... Auburn? The actual Auburn...

So I'm gonna go with him comparing them in terms of the things that they'll do to win.
Considering what U of L will "do to win", why is Vic even here discussing a transfer like Lee? Shouldn't the discussion be why isn't U of L landing more 5-star OAD players?

"Elite program", my a$$...

Louisville's system requires a balanced attack. I believe Reece Gaines and Russ Smith are the only two players under Pitino to average 18 ppg +.

Scoring 18 ppg is not that easy to do @ the college level.

Reactions: shadow force
You have to go all the way back to 2013 to find a #1 draft pick with a lower PER than Andrew Wiggins

Okay, okay, so Anthony Bennett, who we can all agree is a bit of a bust.

Considering what U of L will "do to win", why is Vic even here discussing a transfer like Lee? Shouldn't the discussion be why isn't U of L landing more 5-star OAD players?

Zipp, you're quoting a football board post. I'll give Pitino this, when he picks up transfers, he doesn't seemingly target kids that have character issues much like Petrino does.
You should have found a post where that quote was more applicable.

...Zipp, you're quoting a football board post. I'll give Pitino this, when he picks up transfers, he doesn't seemingly target kids that have character issues much like Petrino does. You should have found a post where that quote was more applicable.
So, in your version of reality, U of L as an athletic department will do whatever it takes to win in one sport while maintaining unimpeachable ethical standards in another one? And all under the oversight of the same athletic director?

Again in an effort to understand your reality, that would presumably relate to the disparity between a sport like U of L basketball (high) and U of L football (low). IOW, that we need to do that in football to be successful. So I ask, is there any other school where the disparity between basketball and football is greater than at LPT? And what does that imply about your football program? That Stupes is simply a better coach--hell, a better man--than Petrino? That the sledding is easier in the SEC? Or that Stupes will be granted a decade or more to get the job done the right way, the LPT way?

Rationalizing all of that makes the quote entirely applicable (albeit a little off topic). Have at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: J-Rye_UL
So, in your version of reality, U of L as an athletic department will do whatever it takes to win in one sport while maintaining unimpeachable ethical standards in another one? And all under the oversight of the same athletic director?

Again in an effort to understand your reality, that would presumably relate to the disparity between a sport like U of L basketball (high) and U of L football (low). IOW, that we need to do that in football to be successful. So I ask, is there any other school where the disparity between basketball and football is greater than at LPT? And what does that imply about your football program? That Stupes is simply a better coach--hell, a better man--than Petrino? That the sledding is easier in the SEC? Or that Stupes will be granted a decade or more to get the job done the right way, the LPT way?

Rationalizing all of that makes the quote entirely applicable (albeit a little off topic). Have at it.

Goodness, Zipp. It's not empirical science, but leave it to you to try to make it into such.
As for your basketball program, I don't feel like it needs to cheat. I don't feel like UK's program needs to cheat, nor do I believe that Duke's needs to cheat. Same with Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan, so on and so forth.

I haven't spoken anything in regards to the disparity between your basketball and football programs. Both are solid programs, Louisville is clearly a basketball school. Louisville recruits as such. It's a destination, that high school recruits like to go to. In football, it's lacks the draw of many elite recruits. Most of Louisville's elite players come from JUCO or transfers (and let me say, I really don't see anything wrong with Louisville's JUCO players). It's the transfers that Louisville accepts so willingly.

I never claimed that Kentucky had some great football program, nor did I mention the disparity of any football to basketball program. I know where the football program is, and I know where it needs to go. I don't know if Stoops is a better coach, couldn't hurt to let him rebuild a program that was in the ashes when he arrived before speculating on that, but Bobby Petrino is admittedly a terrific football coach. He's had his share of issues. I don't know if Stoops is a better man, and I probably never will. I don't know Stoops well enough, but he's not had anywhere near the level of controversy surrounding him that Petrino has had, and that is obvious. I also know that he approaches his football program in a very different way. Notice, Tubman is no longer on the team, or at UK, following the whole issue that followed him for so long (and I don't agree with him being booted, because there wasn't even enough evidence to take the thing to trial, not to mention how outlandish the young lady's story sounded), but that's just how it is.

So no, your quote isn't "entirely applicable" or even remotely applicable. You simply like to drag quotes from that forum to this one at any time that I express my distaste for Louisville, and post them, as you said, at times where they have no relevance to a topic (like how many points per game with Damion Lee score next season). If you want to know how I feel about Louisville, regarding anything pertaining to Louisville, I encourage you to ask, and I'll tell you exactly how I feel, and make it abundantly clear to you. That way, you won't feel the need to hinge onto my every word and quote me at inopportune times. That's a lot of extra work for you, and it would be such a pity for you to make your life any more difficult than it needs to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: UK till Death
Louisville is clearly a basketball school.
Your definition of "basketball school" is wishful thinking. UK is a "basketball school" - as in, you only have basketball. When was your last BCS game? World Series game? College Cup game? Women's basketball Final Four?

Louisville has a complete athletics department. UK ... not so much.

Reactions: cardsfan53
...I haven't spoken anything in regards to the disparity between your basketball and football programs. Both are solid programs, Louisville is clearly a basketball school. Louisville recruits as such. It's a destination, that high school recruits like to go to. In football, it's lacks the draw of many elite recruits. Most of Louisville's elite players come from JUCO or transfers (and let me say, I really don't see anything wrong with Louisville's JUCO players). It's the transfers that Louisville accepts so willingly...
You made the comparison between the U of L sports. I was just trying to clarify that distinction in the mind of a flip-flopping slapd!ck. Rye's already addressed your "basketball school" misconception. The rest of this LPT crap we'll get into...

...I never claimed that Kentucky had some great football program... I don't know if Stoops is a better coach... Bobby Petrino is admittedly a terrific football coach... I don't know if Stoops is a better man, and I probably never will. I don't know Stoops well enough, but he's not had anywhere near the level of controversy surrounding him that Petrino has had, and that is obvious...
Along with your "what U of L will do to win" wisecrack, that reads to me like you know a lot more about U of L football than you do your own football program. How is that? Isn't all you really know is that Petrino doesn't know how to manage a job change or his off-the-field "affairs"? And what does that have to with "what U of L will do to win"? In typical LPT fashion, you're just slinging mud to see what will stick.

...I also know that [Stupes] approaches his football program in a very different way. Notice, Tubman is no longer on the team, or at UK, following the whole issue that followed him for so long (and I don't agree with him being booted, because there wasn't even enough evidence to take the thing to trial, not to mention how outlandish the young lady's story sounded), but that's just how it is...
Stupes doesn't have the personal capital nor the ability to manage a kid with issues. Hell, your freshmen get in trouble before they even see the field. Petrino's never had that issue; he rides herd over his players. And even if you could attract the guys we're talking about, your athletic department overall has had a history of way too many off-the-field/court issues to casually go down that path.

...So no, your quote isn't "entirely applicable" or even remotely applicable. You simply like to drag quotes from that forum to this one at any time that I express my distaste for Louisville, and post them, as you said, at times where they have no relevance to a topic (like how many points per game with Damion Lee score next season). If you want to know how I feel about Louisville, regarding anything pertaining to Louisville, I encourage you to ask, and I'll tell you exactly how I feel, and make it abundantly clear to you. That way, you won't feel the need to hinge onto my every word and quote me at inopportune times. That's a lot of extra work for you, and it would be such a pity for you to make your life any more difficult than it needs to be.
It's applicable because you said it, and you're here. It's also no trouble for me to link the garbage that flip-flopping slapd!cks say on their site vs. this one. In fact, it's more accurate than to just ask you, as you suggest. I'd get the U of L sanitized version otherwise. Better to just show you flip-flopping in your native state.

Your definition of "basketball school" is wishful thinking. UK is a "basketball school" - as in, you only have basketball. When was your last BCS game? World Series game? College Cup game? Women's basketball Final Four?

Louisville has a complete athletics department. UK ... not so much.

All I'm saying is that UK's athletics department was ranked 22nd, and Louisville's wasn't in the top 25. If UK "only" has basketball, then that would have to mean that our basketball program is superior to your athletics department as a whole.
They actually kept score, so if you're truly curious how it's fathomable that UK has the superior athletics department, I encourage you to look.

and Zipp, I just did myself the favor of reading the last thing you said so I could get the entire point of your gigantic post. I certainly don't flip-flop. I've been quite straightforward when saying that I don't like you, or Louisville.

All I'm saying is that UK's athletics department was ranked 22nd, and Louisville's wasn't in the top 25. If UK "only" has basketball, then that would have to mean that our basketball program is superior to your athletics department as a whole.
They actually kept score, so if you're truly curious how it's fathomable that UK has the superior athletics department, I encourage you to look.

and Zipp, I just did myself the favor of reading the last thing you said so I could get the entire point of your gigantic post. I certainly don't flip-flop. I've been quite straightforward when saying that I don't like you, or Louisville.
Stanford is ranked 1st and LPT is ranked 22nd when meaningless sports like riflery are ranked alongside of football, basketball, and baseball. The problem isn't how the major sports are rated; it's the minor sports.

And let's see some of your accusations and innuendo here like "what U of L will do to win". Telling me you "don't like U of L" is the sanitized version. I want the true "Vic" with all of his warts on display, Don't be afraid.

Yes, I know what the Director's Cup is, and I laugh out loud every time UK fan's brag about it. As soon as you can explain how the Director's cup is scored, and which sports carried UK, then I'll acknowledge it's relevance, and continue to laugh when you hold that trophy high above your head. Congrats on your 2nd place Women's Track and Field and 9th place Softball accomplishment. That really puts UK in the conversation of national relevance - and it's what carried your team in the standings.

LINK

Want further entertainment? Check to see which sport the top 3 teams in the Director's Cup Standings finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in.

Did you check it yet? I'll wait....

WOMEN'S WATER POLO

Hold that trophy high Rhavicc. Us UofL fans can only hope to win a Women's Water Polo title one of these days. Forget the BCS games, World Series Games, Women's Final Four Games, and College Cup games. Who watches that stuff anyway?

Reactions: Cue Card
Yes, I know what the Director's Cup is, and I laugh out loud every time UK fan's brag about it. As soon as you can explain how the Director's cup is scored, and which sports carried UK, then I'll acknowledge it's relevance, and continue to laugh when you hold that trophy high above your head. Congrats on your 2nd place Women's Track and Field and 9th place Softball accomplishment. That really puts UK in the conversation of national relevance - and it's what carried your team in the standings.

LINK

Want further entertainment? Check to see which sport the top 3 teams in the Director's Cup Standings finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in.

WOMEN'S WATER POLO

Hold that trophy high Rhavicc. Us UofL fans can only hope to win a Women's Water Polo title one of these days. Forget the BCS games, World Series Games, Women's Final Four Games, and College Cup games. Who watches that stuff anyway?
LOL

We are going to get very little scoring out of the 4/5.

So w/ that said, it is very possible Lee is the leading scorer of this team by a fairly significant margin. Mitchell will be up and down, Lewis appears to be in a distribution of the ball position.

Lee just might break 20 ppg. We'll see.

We are going to get very little scoring out of the 4/5.

So w/ that said, it is very possible Lee is the leading scorer of this team by a fairly significant margin. Mitchell will be up and down, Lewis appears to be in a distribution of the ball position.

Lee just might break 20 ppg. We'll see.
It might turn out to be true but to completely discount production from the 4 and 5 spots after 2 scrimmage games played on the same day is a bit premature IMO. The potential is there especially with how Spalding looked. I didn't expect much from him but if the season were to open today, he would probably be the starting power forward. Again, it's only 2 scrimmage games in 1 day as a sample. Way too early to really gauge how things will shake out.

I could see Onuaku giving us 8/8 per night. He's by far the best frontcourt player and is quite a bit more mobile than year. Had some nice dunks in a crowded lane, and can put the ball on the deck. He either needs to hit 70% with the underhanded free throws or abort it.

Reactions: beasleythecard
It might turn out to be true but to completely discount production from the 4 and 5 spots after 2 scrimmage games played on the same day is a bit premature IMO.

I'm not basing my POV on the scrimmages @ all. I'm going by what they've shown so far their entire careers and what my expectations are going into the season. I'm also limiting my POV to offensive production.

Onuaku is a great rebounder and passer, and he takes up a lot of space. Mathiang can have an impact via intangibles. I just don't think these guys can score. I'm optimistic Johnson will be a good player but he's going to need time.

The Gs/Wings will be the centerpiece of the O and I'm ok with that. If we can get minimal production offensively out of the 4/5 that will be fine.

I could see Onuaku giving us 8/8 per night. He's by far the best frontcourt player and is quite a bit more mobile than year. Had some nice dunks in a crowded lane, and can put the ball on the deck. He either needs to hit 70% with the underhanded free throws or abort it.

I'm, no doubt... bullish on Onuaku. I for sure see the 8 reb, I am with you.

I'm just sensing closer to 4-6 ppg. We're talking about a basket or two a night maybe, but over the course of the season it's somewhat of a significant difference.

I would love to have you be more right than me on that!

I'm, no doubt... bullish on Onuaku. I for sure see the 8 reb, I am with you.

I'm just sensing closer to 4-6 ppg. We're talking about a basket or two a night maybe, but over the course of the season it's somewhat of a significant difference.

I would love to have you be more right than me on that!
Did you have a chance to watch the game last night? What I saw from Onuaku was promising. He is a lot more explosive than he was last year. Where he layed it up last year, he dunked it last night. Even though he finished 60+% from the field, he just didn't get many chances with Rozier, Harrell, and Jones taking the shots. As he becomes more active on offense - rolling off screens, offensive rebounds, post ups - the points are going to come.

Did you have a chance to watch the game last night? What I saw from Onuaku was promising. He is a lot more explosive than he was last year. Where he layed it up last year, he dunked it last night. Even though he finished 60+% from the field, he just didn't get many chances with Rozier, Harrell, and Jones taking the shots. As he becomes more active on offense - rolling off screens, offensive rebounds, post ups - the points are going to come.

I saw some of it, I admit not all of it.

I think your analysis is pretty strong here. I don't vision a post move, I think that is what is holding me back here. If he can make strides with his hands and footwork, he becomes a guy that can at least hurt the other team offensively if they sag off him. To me, that's all we can ask for.

Now, if he develops a jump hook, a nasty you can't stop me when I got the ball atittude, and makes major strides all around, then I am ok with that too!

But, he'll also have to avoid consistent foul trouble, and the Pitino doghouse. These are legit concerns that can impact "stats" in a big way.

LINK

WOMEN'S WATER POLO

Like how you quoted "Women's Final Four Games," like anyone watches those unless their team made it that far, oh wait UofL did thats only reason your mentioning it....nice try.

Like how you quoted "Women's Final Four Games," like anyone watches those unless their team made it that far, oh wait UofL did thats only reason your mentioning it....nice try.

Well, our team has played for the National Title twice, so...that's why we enjoy the program...and watch. Our ladies team is very good, that's also why they are ranked #3 in the country in attendance as well.

I saw some of it, I admit not all of it.

I think your analysis is pretty strong here. I don't vision a post move, I think that is what is holding me back here. If he can make strides with his hands and footwork, he becomes a guy that can at least hurt the other team offensively if they sag off him. To me, that's all we can ask for.

Now, if he develops a jump hook, a nasty you can't stop me when I got the ball atittude, and makes major strides all around, then I am ok with that too!

But, he'll also have to avoid consistent foul trouble, and the Pitino doghouse. These are legit concerns that can impact "stats" in a big way.

Agree on hoping Onuaku, and the other bigs, can develop a little jump hook, baby hook, or up and under move in the post. It is one of the key things our 5's are lacking on the offensive end. I know they won't be counted on to score a ton of points but like you said it would be great if they can at least make the other team have to guard them on possessions instead of basically not having to guard them and go 5 on 4 against the rest of the team.

Considering it's nationally televised, yes, people watch it outside of Louisville.

Almost all the finals in any college sport are nationally televised. I watched Florida women's tennis win the national championship (for whatever reason) back in 2012. So i guess according to your standards its also relevant....

But counting women's basketball because 1. Your team made it to the finals and 2. because it was nationally televised, are pretty stupid reasons for saying its relevant, its not. (LPT).

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all the finals in any college sport are nationally televised. I watched Florida women's tennis win the national championship (for whatever reason) back in 2012. So i guess according to your standards its also relevant....

But counting women's basketball because 1. Your team made it to the finals and 2. because it was nationally televised, are pretty stupid reasons for saying its relevant, its not, don't be like Zipp and try to make it happen, its not going to happen. (LPT).

stop-trying-to-make-fetch-happen-300x300.jpg

Reactions: TyCatPrice14
"Our ladies team is very good, that's also why they are ranked #3 in the country in attendance as well." ...they are very good.... until they play Matthew Mitchell's team. (They've lost 4 straight to them)

....and I went to college and played softball with Jeff Walz and his brother Brian. I know how competitive Jeff is, but some of his little 'jabs' he's thrown at Mitchell recently have been pretty childish. At any rate, everyone here is kidding themselves if they're seriously going to try to say that men's basketball isn't the #1 sport in the commonwealth.

But counting women's basketball because 1. Your team made it to the finals and 2. because it was nationally televised, are pretty stupid reasons for saying its relevant, its not, don't be like Zipp and try to make it happen, its not going to happen. (LPT).

What is the 5th most popular sport in college?

1) Football (UofL)
2) Basketball (UK)
3) Baseball (UofL)
4) Soccer (UofL)
5) ???

Women's basketball? Lacrosse? Wrestling?

I can tell you it sure as hell isn't women's track and field or softball, which is what carried UK in the Director's Cup standings. Let's quick splitting hairs and deal with reality here. UofL has the better athletic department, and it's isn't worth debating.

"UofL has the better athletic department, and it's isn't worth debating."

Oh really??

13-14 record vs. UK in Football
15-33 record vs. UK in Basketball
National Titles: UK 8 uofl 3

...the stats simply don't work out for you.

What is the 5th most popular sport in college?

1) Football (UofL)
2) Basketball (UK)
3) Baseball (UofL)
4) Soccer (UofL)
5) ???

Women's basketball? Lacrosse? Wrestling?

I can tell you it sure as hell isn't women's track and field or softball, which is what carried UK in the Director's Cup standings. Let's quick splitting hairs and deal with reality here. UofL has the better athletic department, and it's isn't worth debating.

There's Football and Basketball those are the two sports that completely own in the commonwealth, then there is a significant drop off Baseball and Soccer are up there but they don't compete. You have to sell that your athletic department is better because quite simply you have to. Just like the poster above the stats speak for themselves Louisville has losing records against Kentucky in both Basketball and Football, don't ever forget that. Your statement is invalid.

Let
"UofL has the better athletic department, and it's isn't worth debating."

Oh really??

13-14 record vs. UK in Football
15-33 record vs. UK in Basketball
National Titles: UK 8 uofl 3

...the stats simply don't work out for you.

Let's also not forget louisville's orange bowl and rose bowl which is the equivalent of making the sweet sixteen in football but they like to brag about those too even though they are in a weaker football conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT