ADVERTISEMENT

CRP- "He's The Best Leader I've Had"

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
"Trey Lewis -- I didn't recruit him, haven't had him but a few months, and he's been, so far since I've been at Louisville, the best leader I've had in terms of doing things that the coaches don't ask to do. Somebody commits verbally, he'll text all the players and make sure you congratulate them. 'Here's the young man's number,' (or) 'Hey guys, we're going to the movies tonight.' You would never get an upperclassman to do that with the younger guys. They would always go out with their girlfriends, do their own thing. This young man has a special quality. From what I understand, Damion has the same quality. It's quite unusual, and we're very lucky to have them in our program."

Leadership is needed on this team and is one of the reasons Lewis and Lee were brought in. I'm glad it sounds like both guys are indeed embracing their roles so far as leaders off the court. Hopefully it will also help with team chemistry and of course on the court when the games start.

Last edited:
I'm happy to have Lewis on the team, but I would just assume coach dial back the "the best (fill in the blank) I've ever had" talk. I keep having flashbacks of him touting Marra the best shooter he had ever seen.

What they are doing sounds like 2013 National Championship Team. Those guys where very close group and that's what you need. Especially with a young team like we have.

I just think Rick is so happy these days.

These guys will be in for a real shock when he starts being an A hole.

Remember all these positive quotes, then read the ones when we lay a few eggs.

Rick hasn't been this giddy since 2013. Any complaints he had that year were obvious nitpicks. Maybe he is just trying to keep it extra positive because the team is so young but he seems extra bullish on next year's players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT