ADVERTISEMENT

Could MSU pull a Cincy?

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
Do you all think Michigan State will go after Mark Stoops after the season like Cincy did with Satt?

Do you all think Michigan State will go after Mark Stoops after the season like Cincy did with Satt?
They were already paying Tucker what stupes is getting - 9M / yr - so clearly, money isn’t the issue. I think stupes would gladly trade the sec for the b1g - I just think he’s hoping Ferenz gets fired at Iowa - that way he could move back home.

Plus, that’s where his ex moved to with the kids when she hit the transfer portal.

They were already paying Tucker what stupes is getting - 9M / yr - so clearly, money isn’t the issue. I think stupes would gladly trade the sec for the b1g - I just think he’s hoping Ferenz gets fired at Iowa - that way he could move back home.

Plus, that’s where his ex moved to with the kids when she hit the transfer portal.

Is Ferenz even on the hot seat? I haven’t paid much attention to Iowa this season.

I wouldn't do that if I were Stoops. As tough as the SEC is, the hierarchy in the Big Ten is entrenched in every sense of the word. You might beat them occasionally, but there really is no bypassing the Ohio State/Michigan then Penn State order of things. Wisconsin sometimes gets up there towards them but that generally is as close as you can get to the top in East Lansing.

Reactions: Guardman
I wouldn't do that if I were Stoops. As tough as the SEC is, the hierarchy in the Big Ten is entrenched in every sense of the word. You might beat them occasionally, but there really is no bypassing the Ohio State/Michigan then Penn State order of things. Wisconsin sometimes gets up there towards them but that generally is as close as you can get to the top in East Lansing.
Shouldn’t be an issue for stupes - he’s 11 years in at sUcKs and he’s completely at home in 4th place.

In their division.

Sure….if they’re freaking morons. No one is beating a path to Stoops door. Two reasons. 1) He’s a crappy coach. 2) He’s grossly overpaid. Personally, I hope he stays where he is until he retires.

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
Is Ferenz even on the hot seat? I haven’t paid much attention to Iowa this season.
I think his seat has been definitely warm for a couple of seasons. They have had some serious scoring since his son became OC and this year they have something they’ve named the “drive for 325” - as in total points scored this season. Supposedly if they don’t hit the mark - the son gets fired.

Currently - despite being 5-1 - they are averaging 21.8 a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT