ADVERTISEMENT

Comment . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
I’ve been seeing all of those names on the outfield wall and I’m not sure, based on our recent play, that there is a single player on our team right now that will ever be put on that wall. Folks we just ain’t very good right now.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: earsky and rh62531
Talk about a ridiculous thing to say. Both Davis and Binelas will be on that wall. Now, I don't see anyone else on the team that will be which makes your point that this team doesn't come close to measuring up with past teams.

Talk about a ridiculous thing to say. Both Davis and Binelas will be on that wall. Now, I don't see anyone else on the team that will be which makes your point that this team doesn't come close to measuring up with past teams.
Opinions are like rectums - we all have one. You may be right about Henry Davis but I totally disagree about Binelas.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Bardman
This kinda gets to the heart the matter for me, but indirectly.
This team is missing something,but I don't think it's talent.
There seems to be a lack of chemistry. Chemistry,that often forgotten but fierce brother that keeps the family together.
Might as well put it all on the table 😜
That loss was disheartening.

Not putting it on the captains.

Reactions: Bardman and gocds
Opinions are like rectums - we all have one. You may be right about Henry Davis but I totally disagree about Binelas.

GO CARDS!!!
Agree. Alex has been good and had a great FR year. He is not at an AA level this year - like Henry. My guess is he leaves so the opportunity to be ‘that guy’ and be an AA will not happen. My take, as well, is the Seniors are gone (of course). After that, only Alex (potential) and Henry (proven skillset) should go after being drafted. All the others need more seasoning.

Reactions: gocds
Other than Alex's slow start this season, he's played like a all American baseball player. He will be drafted in the early rounds, maybe even the 1st round.

He is certainly not the reason for this seasons struggles. He leads the team in homers and RBI and his fielding at first base has been adequate. How he wouldn't be on the outfield wall would need to be explained. He's a all American.

Other than Alex's slow start this season, he's played like a all American baseball player. He will be drafted in the early rounds, maybe even the 1st round.

He is certainly not the reason for this seasons struggles. He leads the team in homers and RBI and his fielding at first base has been adequate. How he wouldn't be on the outfield wall would need to be explained. He's a all American.
I’m rooting for Alex as much as any UofL baseball fan/follower, but he will only be a 1st round choice if he learns how to read pitches and the sooner the better. Like the difference between a curve, slurve or a fast ball. His defensive work at 1st base has been very acceptable.

GO CARDS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rh62531
He (Alex) has certainly improved at first. He is a slugger first and foremost. He, IMO, needs to be a better hitter. Hell, I am not anti-Alex at all. And yes, he has has a great secind half of the season. I still don’t see him being a 1st Team AA. I guess there is a chance he slides into the 2d or 3d team, maybe.
Totally agree that ‘something’ is missing. Leadership doesn’t just come from the captains. Maybe some guys just don’t get along or there have been girlfriend issues - who knows.

We know we got great coaching, From a "game analysis" standpoint, how did we go from so good to so bad so fast?

Peace

The Covid season has been the great equalizer; it‘s disruptive storm has affected virtually everything around the world, and particularly college sports that depends on scheduled training, practices and games.

CDM and Roger Williams have not forgotten how to coach, but their systems have experienced interruption that affects every aspect of their coaching and preparing the kids.

I think this roster has a lot of talent, but the execution has declined precipitously since 2019-20. Henry Davis will be assured a top 5 draft position, but even he is struggling at the plate along with the rest of this team.

Alex has the “MLB swing”, but he is just pure raw talent right now and needs a lot of work in the batting cage before he can obtain the required consistency for playing beyond college.

Usher may be as good of a defensive outfielder that UL has ever had, but he may also be the worst hitter that has ever played college baseball.

We know we got great coaching, From a "game analysis" standpoint, how did we go from so good to so bad so fast?

Peace
That is the 64,000 dollar question.
There are guys o on this team who have performed at a high level here, but are mired in a season long slump. Some started good,but have been slumping for weeks.
Idk

Reactions: gocds and Deeva
Yes I agree. We are average but UofL fans have gotten used to being good or better.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Bardman
I still believe we are a better than average team that has played average and at times worse. Does that make sense? There’s no basketball excuse to say there is no talent on this roster. Maybe a lot of coaching decisions just didn’t work out but injuries played a large part of it.

I hate singling out a player but Usher is a good example. Do you know who graded out as the player with the greatest MLB potential? Usher. He has all the 5 tools. Not Davis, not Binelas. But it never translated on the field this year.

Reactions: Bardman and gocds
I still believe we are a better than average team that has played average and at times worse. Does that make sense? There’s no basketball excuse to say there is no talent on this roster. Maybe a lot of coaching decisions just didn’t work out but injuries played a large part of it.

I hate singling out a player but Usher is a good example. Do you know who graded out as the player with the greatest MLB potential? Usher. He has all the 5 tools. Not Davis, not Binelas. But it never translated on the field this year.
I agree with a lot of your post. Usher is the real deal defensively but not offensively. He will get a shot for sure. Davis has all the makings of a MLB prospect as a catcher whereas Binelas has some questions. Such as learning how to hit a slurve or curve. Alex’s defense was fine at first base.

GO CARDS!!!

Usher has struggled at the plate up until just recently. Ironically our 3-2 loss to Miami on Saturday would have been avoided had Usher been in RF when the bloop fly landed in front of his replacement, which led to 2 of the 3 Cane runs. Usher’s read, his speed and all around defensive ability gives him a shot in MLB.

Reactions: Deeva and gocds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT