ADVERTISEMENT

Coach McDonnell

Heard it from an ole miss booster. He said their coach going to lsu and they get McDonnell and we get ecu coach who he did is Very good too.

Is headed to ole miss. We are getting ecu coach
I'd say that scenario is possible, but that's a lot of moving parts. Dominoes don't always fall like they should. It's also a little telling Bianco hasn't been named LSU's coach yet. They could have their eyes on a current CWS coach.

Last edited:
Seems like the LSU wish is targeting 2 coaches Godwin of East Carolina and Bianco of Ole Miss. CDM is not a target unless things change within the next day. If CDM ends up somewhere else and we end up with Godwin we would still be in good shape. Personally I like CDM and hope he stays here.

Reactions: gocds and Bardman
Well it’s been 24 hours + and still no news from any of the schools or coaches supposedly involved. Hmmmmmm.

GO CARDS!!!

Speculation is that LSU has not filled the HC vacancy because they want to interview either Corbin or Vitello or possibly both. So that actually leaves McDonnell somewhere down on the totem pole with Bianco and Goodwin in between hopefully. The question would then be if McDonnell would be interested in either Vandy or UT.

Think we all need to keep in mind…Louisville IS A PREMIER baseball program. The only thing still developing is the fanbase and that will continue to grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds
Bianco has 20 years at ole miss. I understand HE is a LSU alumni but 20 years is 20 years....we given McDonnell everything he wanted to build a program.

You people can call me out later but I think this thread is total crap. Where is the evidence that CDM is going anywhere? Exactly zero media reports supporting this wild rumor.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: kypecos
This is now going to happen every year when any decent baseball position opens. And when any decent women’s basketball position opens. Etc. etc.

Reactions: nccardfan
You people can call me out later but I think this thread is total crap. Where is the evidence that CDM is going anywhere? Exactly zero media reports supporting this wild rumor.

GO CARDS!!!
I don’t think there’s any evidence, just speculation.

Reactions: nccardfan

GO CARDS!!!
The thread is not crap just because you disagree with it. You have to face the reality that one of the top baseball programs has opened up and as LSU says it is only interested in bringing the best coach available. Argue all you want but Dan definitely falls into that category and he has said publicly if LSU calls he will listen. I hope to hell he doesnt go but I think Dan is a little miff that we don’t draw the fans or the financial support that some of the SEC schools get. Whether he’s dangling a bargaining chip for U of L to up its ante (not talking about salary; he knows he is well paid) we will see. After 15 years he has to decide if he can get his ultimate goal (winning a NC) where’s he at or maybe somewhere else that has more resources. It’s a part of life.

Bianco and Goodwin were both interviewed by LSU but neither one was offered the job. Doesn’t mean they won’t come back to one of them. There is another name that has popped up, Jay Johnson at Arizona. I think Corbin, Vitello and Johnson will all be interviewed after the CWS. The LSU asst coach just took a position on Texas A&M staff so he will not be hired as HC.

A National Championship can 100% be won here I have no doubt. I think the crowds this year were down due to very obvious reasons. I do think going to paid admission affected the non-season ticket types. They need to make it VERY affordable to families to keep getting them in the stadium.

The thread is not crap just because you disagree with it. You have to face the reality that one of the top baseball programs has opened up and as LSU says it is only interested in bringing the best coach available. Argue all you want but Dan definitely falls into that category and he has said publicly if LSU calls he will listen. I hope to hell he doesnt go but I think Dan is a little miff that we don’t draw the fans or the financial support that some of the SEC schools get. Whether he’s dangling a bargaining chip for U of L to up its ante (not talking about salary; he knows he is well paid) we will see. After 15 years he has to decide if he can get his ultimate goal (winning a NC) where’s he at or maybe somewhere else that has more resources. It’s a part of life.
And yet you offer zero evidence that we are seriously on the verge of losing CDM to anyone else. Where is the evidence other than rumor. Plus I have every confidence that UofL is in great shape to be attractive to the best college baseball coaches anywhere.

GO CARDS!!!

And yet you offer zero evidence that we are seriously on the verge of losing CDM to anyone else. Where is the evidence other than rumor. Plus I have every confidence that UofL is in great shape to be attractive to the best college baseball coaches anywhere.

GO CARDS!!!
Not sure why you think I’m pushing McDonnell out, I’m not. But if guys like Bianco, Corbin, Sullivan, Vitello, Godwin… great college programs in their own right are interested in a program like LSU, it only stands to reason, there might be interest in McDonnell. Nobody is saying or wishing he leaves. Can’t ignore the obvious though. It’s a product of success.

Reactions: Bardman
Speculation aside, there seems to be an inferiority complex and insecurity issues in this thread. It doesn’t make any sense. Everyone just try to remember everything was fine pre 2020 Covid. The baseball program was rolling. Attendance/support were strong. It just seems some folks are making things up for who knows what reason. Just, r-e-l-a-x.

I agree our attendance was good before Covid and the attendance restrictions.
I seem to remember that things were great when the games were free but there was a lot of grumbling when they started charging admission to the games, so much so they backed off and only charged admission to conference games and the games vs UK and Vandy.

Thanks to CDM UofL is one of the top ten baseball programs in the USA. That includes the fact that he is paid very handsomely by UofL. And now that we are part of an outstanding baseball conference it would be foolhardy to leave here for parts unknown. Now I’m not saying it’s impossible, just very improbable.

GO CARDS!!!

I seem to remember that things were great when the games were free but there was a lot of grumbling when they started charging admission to the games, so much so they backed off and only charged admission to conference games and the games vs UK and Vandy.
Yes, when you take something free away, it is human nature to grumble. Let’s see how super businessman Tyra handles ticket sales moving forward.

I thought making the non-conference games free was a step in the right direction. I get the need for admission. I just think the ACC games, etc should be incredibly affordable.

I’ve attended many, many games at Patterson Stadium and the most expensive was $10 for a regular season game. Many of those games are free of charge. When the ACC Tourney games or the NCAA games are played those folks are in charge and they set ticket prices.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: rh62531
I’ve attended many, many games at Patterson Stadium and the most expensive was $10 for a regular season game. Many of those games are free of charge. When the ACC Tourney games or the NCAA games are played those folks are in charge and they set ticket prices.

GO CARDS!!!
Really? Just this season I paid $47.50 for 2 tickets through stubhub to sit in the stands to see FSU. I’m not one who buys berm seats and then goes and sits in the stands. There were a lot of tickets more expensive.

Really? Just this season I paid $47.50 for 2 tickets through stubhub to sit in the stands to see FSU. I’m not one who buys berm seats and then goes and sits in the stands. There were a lot of tickets more expensive.
This is totally news to me. I’m not a berm guy either. I think you may have gotten ripped off by stubhub.

GO CARDS!!!

Last edited:
This is totally news to me. I’m not a berm guy either. I think you may have gotten ripped off by stubhub.

GO CARDS!!!
Not sure you know how stubhub works. It’s totally legit if you willing to pay. I looked back and I paid even more for 2 seats against Wake Forest.

Not sure you know how stubhub works. It’s totally legit if you willing to pay. I looked back and I paid even more for 2 seats against Wake Forest.
You’re probably right about my knowledge of stubhub. 😎. However the ticket prices will be significantly less thru the UofL ticket offices. And I’m quite sure about that.

GO CARDS!!!

Seriously glad I was wrong. I ran into an ole miss booster randomly in the south. He know way too much to be random and making up. He knew history of coach and lsu coach and ole miss Coach and East Carolina coach. Sometines coaches are like Denny and decide to stay!

Seriously glad I was wrong. I ran into an ole miss booster randomly in the south. He know way too much to be random and making up. He knew history of coach and lsu coach and ole miss Coach and East Carolina coach. Sometines coaches are like Denny and decide to stay!
Sometimes, I’ve learned, certain boosters are guilty of wishful thinking. There is a certain fan base here in KY that does exactly that more often than not. 😎🙄

GO CARDS!!!

I think your booster was just regurgitating what he heard on the radio.

Glenn Guilbeau

@LSUBeatTweet

·
Jun 16

Ole Miss' Mike Bianco may start coaching Chain Reaction, says LSU great Ben McDonald on 104.5 FM with Ronnie Rantz - Bianco to LSU, Louisville's Dan McDonnell to OMiss, E. Carolina's Cliff Godwin to Louisville:

You’re probably right about my knowledge of stubhub. 😎. However the ticket prices will be significantly less thru the UofL ticket offices. And I’m quite sure about that.

GO CARDS!!!
There were no tickets available through the u of L ticket office due to capacity restrictions so Ticketmaster/stubhub were authorized vendors for resale/exchange ticket sales. So basically I was buying tickets from season ticket holders who resold their tickets at an inflated cost (all legal but I used to call that scalping). Don’t blame season tickets holders who can’t go to the games but some of them ask for ridiculous prices. Like I mentioned I selected lower end prices that I thought were reasonable enough to go watch a Cardinal baseball game. I forgot how much some wanted for the UK game. At least $200 a ticket or more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT