ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

What in the world is going on with catching pop ups on windy days? Cards have had their share this season but Clemson is looking like they never play in windy conditions.

The more I watch this baseball team the more I think we only have 2 or 3 reliable pitchers if that
I think we definitely only have one reliable starter. This may be the formula from here on out. Multiple pitchers every game.

Don't know why any kid decides to be a pitcher. It's too hard even when you have a good arm. I tried once in little league and I didn't like it very much.

Thought about it in high school but decided to just move on from my boyhood dream. Batting under 200 will do that to a kid.

Well, if we blow a 9 run lead in the 9th inning, it's official. We're cursed!

How hard can it be to have pitchers who can pitch?

I love CDM, but I must say that pitching twice to Wagner with first base empty is not smart baseball. This young man is special, and regrettably for UL, he is quite predictable when hitting at almost .400, and is 2nd in college baseball slugging.

Reactions: Bardman
I love CDM, but I must say that pitching twice to Wagner with first base empty is not smart baseball. This young man is special, and regrettably for UL, he is quite predictable when hitting at almost .400, and is 2nd in college baseball slugging.
I have to admit I've been perplexed all season with McDonnell. Very peculiar with many of his decisions.

He's the best in the country. If you pitch outside,he's taking it the other way. You gotta love a guy with his swing that understands how to adapt to every at bat. Outstanding!

Just to shift gears a bit, but this series looked like the best defensively for these fellas. I only say that,not based on low errors,but combining that with some spectacular individual plays.
Outstanding!

Agreed. Our defense was outstanding this series. Pitching decisions have been weird. Why, oh why do you take out Dowling when he was pitching so well? They did it yesterday with Galvan. Both decisions backfired.

Our defense was outstanding this weekend. Big plays at 3rd from Ben, Knap was very solid and of course, Levi played a spectacular CF. Also, Rushing with some nice glove today at !B.
Maybe time to say that Knap has grown into a decent SS.

Reactions: gocds and earsky
Knap has impressed me. Not so ‘show-boaty’ with his throws. Plant your feet and make a non-flashy, basic throw to 1B and good things happen.

Reactions: earsky
Totally agree; Knap is showing why Dan placed so much confidence in his ability when starting him as a Freshman. Now just a sophomore, he is showing consistent improvement.

Reactions: gocds and earsky
What in the world is going on with catching pop ups on windy days? Cards have had their share this season but Clemson is looking like they never play in windy conditions.
I think it’s time to admit that when the wind is blowing pretty good and the sky is clear, it is difficult to pick up fly balls in Patterson Stadium. It’s not just our guys.

I think it’s time to admit that when the wind is blowing pretty good and the sky is clear, it is difficult to pick up fly balls in Patterson Stadium. It’s not just our guys.
Yesterday was really tough for the Tigers,who undoubtedly have not dealt with the wind and the sun together. They had the sun on Saturday but both yesterday.
When that pop up which started in foul play to the catcher ended up closer to home plate,I knew they were probably all hoping for ground balls.
Lol

Reactions: PushupMan
With the exception of yesterday's bullpen, that was perhaps UofL's best series of the season. They looked like a CWS team. It's crazy to think it's already May. Just three more mid week games and three more series to go. Heck of a season so far. This stretch to close out the regular is going to be tough. Just one home game for the next 8. Just 5 home games left.

Reactions: earsky
With the exception of yesterday's bullpen, that was perhaps UofL's best series of the season. They looked like a CWS team. It's crazy to think it's already May. Just three more mid week games and three more series to go. Heck of a season so far. This stretch to close out the regular is going to be tough. Just one home game for the next 8. Just 5 home games left.
I might agree with you if this was a typical Clemson team but it’s not. They’re not used to struggling like this.

Their record heading this series was pretty much like ours. Think they were 28-14. So, they are not garbage.

Reactions: gocds
Both teams played under the exact same weather conditions, but only one team had 3 errors. Take away Wagner’s offensive performance and Clemson looks pretty anemic over the entire weekend.

Reactions: gocds
Their record heading this series was pretty much like ours. Think they were 28-14. So, they are not garbage.
Clemson has a nice team and they will be tough to deal with during the ACC Tourney so long as they make it. They ARE in danger of missing and that's a shame for a team as good as they are. If you had ask me three weeks ago if we'd be sweeping teams I would have responded with a resounding NO. But these kids and the coaching staff are gearing up for the tournament (ACC/NCAA) grind. Coach Mac is the best in the country at getting his teams ready for tournament time.

GO CARDS!!!

I might agree with you if this was a typical Clemson team but it’s not. They’re not used to struggling like this.
They can swing the bat, but those errors they had, yikes! I do believe Clemson's coach is on the hot seat.

Clemson has a nice team and they will be tough to deal with during the ACC Tourney so long as they make it. They ARE in danger of missing and that's a shame for a team as good as they are. If you had ask me three weeks ago if we'd be sweeping teams I would have responded with a resounding NO. But these kids and the coaching staff are gearing up for the tournament (ACC/NCAA) grind. Coach Mac is the best in the country at getting his teams ready for tournament time.

GO CARDS!!!
Coach Mac is the best, but gearing up for the ACCT is something he does not do, typically. His focus is always the NCAAT.

Why, oh why do you take out Dowling when he was pitching so well? They did it yesterday with Galvan. Both decisions backfired.
I think we'll see both of these guys tomorrow at some point. I'm assuming Red gets the start. Do we know if Robinson is hurt?
Seed probably out for the season. Who else could we see tomorrow?
Picking your brain a bit.

I think we'll see both of these guys tomorrow at some point. I'm assuming Red gets the start. Do we know if Robinson is hurt?
Seed probably out for the season. Who else could we see tomorrow?
Picking your brain a bit.
Red? This is on me…Not sure who you are referring to. My initial guess was Riley would start. Robinson and Koger should both be fresh. Koger - wildcard. He could get roughed up quick or have a decent inning or two and gain some confidence.

Red? This is on me…Not sure who you are referring to. My initial guess was Riley would start. Robinson and Koger should both be fresh. Koger - wildcard. He could get roughed up quick or have a decent inning or two and gain some confidence.
Red is Phillips,yes. Kind of surprised we didn't see Robinson over the weekend.

No doubt. Unless our bats come out hot and get a lead AND our starter can throw strikes and not give up HRs.

Everything is relative ……. for those fans critical of UL pitching; just think about how Clemson fans must feel about their rotation after the number of runs that we tallied during our sweep this week?

LOL - true. I’ve really witnessed only one series where UofL just looked outmatched and that was FSU. And, I don’t think FSU is really any better than UofL but…they handled us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT