ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Cards come out focused on defense, making some nice plays. Poland looking good early.

Clemson has this dude named Grice who last season hit 6 home runs in 4 games against the Cards. He has 9 HR's total this season. Poland struck him out the first time up tonight.

Cards look focused and dialed in.

JP has been exceptional tonight. Knap having an great night defensively (it is what we expect everyday).

Reactions: PushupMan
He has impressed me so much. At the start of the year I just wasn’t buying the Sat starting role. Maybe Sunday - at best. And all he has done is steadily improve. Very happy for him as I am sure he is getting noticed. He has still touching the 90s in the 8th inning!

I still say bring Prosecky out of the pen and start him. He has starter stuff. He has struggled lately with control which isn’t good.

There are enough arms to close a game. There clearly aren’t many starter arms.

Reactions: Bardman and earsky
The team looked very prepared for a fight against a team that has pretty much had its way with the Cards since joining the ACC. They are tired of losing to them and were dialed in from the get go.

So much different than when they're playing a midweek game.

Reactions: earsky
I still say bring Prosecky out of the pen and start him. He has starter stuff. He has struggled lately with control which isn’t good.

There are enough arms to close a game. There clearly aren’t many starter arms.
At this point,I don't think we can rule it out. There are a couple of guys that are on the clock-so to speak.

The team looked very prepared for a fight against a team that has pretty much had its way with the Cards since joining the ACC. They are tired of losing to them and were dialed in from the get go.

So much different than when they're playing a midweek game.
It's really mostly about focus. They're all talented players. How you come to the park is what makes your performance.

That's the first Friday starter I can recall that we've roughed up since maybe Notre Dame.
This lineup doesn't have to have everybody producing every game. It's very balanced with production coming from every spot on a given night. We just need to avoid the big slumps.
I remember watching Humphrey in scrimmages 2 Falls ago as a tall,skinny Freshman. Man,he's come quite a ways.

I gotta put Wagner in the same league with Tommy Tanks,except a better hitter. He's a friggin phenom.

Reactions: Bardman
The ump is soooo inconsistent. I thought last night was bad….

Once again McDonnell stayed too long with an ineffective pitcher and he has to bring in relief with two runners on and no outs.

And how that ump is allowed to work major college games is ridiculous. He has no clue where the actual strike zone is.

I'll put Lohman in the same category as Kuehner. Another guy that couldn't throw his breaking ball for a strike a month ago has found that pitch. Really big going into the last month of the regular season.

Why bring Prosecky in? Galvan was pitching very well. Makes little sense.

Reactions: earsky
Have to give him work. I still don’t get it could be a starter but they like him an inning at a time.

never seen a better outfield catch than Levi’s one yesterday; amazing combination of athleticism and timing!

How anyone can question our relief pitching performance yesterday with the umpire refusing to call those corner pitches as the strikes that everyone else could see were in the zone, is disconcerting to me.

I was seated in section 211 and surrounded by Clemson fans; impressive traveling for a college baseball team; most respectful group as a whole.

How anyone can question our relief pitching performance yesterday with the umpire refusing to call those corner pitches as the strikes that everyone else could see were in the zone, is disconcerting to me.
I was sitting behind home plate more or less and you're right about those corners. Dude was all over the place.

I'll put Lohman in the same category as Kuehner. Another guy that couldn't throw his breaking ball for a strike a month ago has found that pitch. Really big going into the last month of the regular season.
I mistakenly thought that it was Lohman's off speed stuff that he couldn't throw for strikes,when it was actually his fastball. He's got a nasty curve. We still have concerns with starters,but I'm guessing others do too.
I noticed that the starter for Clemson yesterday was pitching from the stretch.

I mistakenly thought that it was Lohman's off speed stuff that he couldn't throw for strikes,when it was actually his fastball. He's got a nasty curve. We still have concerns with starters,but I'm guessing others do too.
I noticed that the starter for Clemson yesterday was pitching from the stretch.
It was only his 2nd career start. He was a closer.

Cards have a abundance of young pitchers who appear to have good stuff, but throwing strikes is imperative to success and they constantly get behind in counts.

I am in 209 and like everyone else…thought the zo e was erratic. No Phillips to start today??Wonder if they will give him Vandy Tuesday?

Reactions: nccardfan
I am in 209 and like everyone else…thought the zo e was erratic. No Phillips to start today??Wonder if they will give him Vandy Tuesday?
I think you're on to something here. Corbett probably back into middle relief,Red starting Tuesday. We'll probably see Corbett today at some point.

Levi robs another homer. Ho hum...
Two out 2 rbi single follows. This is shaping up to be the Usher we thought we'd see last season.

I think you're on to something here. Corbett probably back into middle relief,Red starting Tuesday. We'll probably see Corbett today at some point.
There's a lefty warming up in the bullpen. Might be Webster.

I just don't understand giving away 3 run homers when you don't have to. Wagner is just too good to just throw him pitches to hit with two runners on.

We did this with that kid from NC State, Tommy White as well.

It's the 3rd inning. Just walk Wagner and load the bases. Try to get the double play.

Real…said the exact same thing!! Their two hitters…are hitting the hell out of the ball today. Ours…not so much. Hopefully they wake up.

Last edited:
McDonnell just doesn't know which relievers he can count on. If he chose two go with the few that has pitched the best, we probably wouldn't see what we have seen today. However, he needs to not overuse the best he's got so it's batting practice out there.

He's counting on the offense to win todays game.

It's like Wrigley field with the wind blowing out today. I didn't think Ushers was going out. Hard to believe it's the Cards first round tripper of the series.

The more I watch this baseball team the more I think we only have 2 or 3 reliable pitchers if that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT