ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at Ga. Tech

CardLaw

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Interesting I see no discussion of this game. It could have a significant impact on UL and the ACC as a whole. Clemson is currently favored by 9 or 9.5, but I am not convinced Clemson will win. But even if the Tigers do win, the game will impact the league and UL.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Clemson has lost to GA Tech 3 out of the last four years. Another note the triple option will give Clemson a warm up primer to our zone read option.

Clemson has lost to GA Tech 3 out of the last four years. Another note the triple option will give Clemson a warm up primer to our zone read option.
Actually Clemson has won three of the last four against them. Ga tech has played them tough over the years, they beat Clemson 6 out of seven times in the early 2000's.

I think I heard Clemson hasn't won at Ga Tech since '03. Clemson isn't looking very Clemson. Hope they win. Hope they cover. But I think it'll be a tough game.

A reason to root for Ga Tech is that if they win then Clemson beats us but loses to FSU we would still win the ACC Atlantic as long as we win the rest of our conference games.

Entirely possible even though a Clemson loss Saturday would surely take a little luster off our big Oct 1st showdown in Death Valley

We've been accused for year by some :rolleyes: of being the luckiest team on earth.

- A Fiesta Bowl win because nobody wanted to go and Bama didn't care.
- A Orange Bowl win because the ACC was "down"
- A Sugar Bowl win because Florida was in shock over not being in the NC game.
- The Music City because aTm didn't have a QB.
- and on, and on, and on.........

Not to mention many regular season big wins where we were "lucky".

I want CU undefeated.
I want Houston undefeated
I want the other Div Winner undefeated
I want the FF teams undefeated

If we lose we lose. But I don't want ANY built-in excuses for anybody.

We've been accused for year by some :rolleyes: of being the luckiest team on earth.

I want CU undefeated.

Absolutely! If we have the team we all think we do....let them play

Reactions: Cue Card
Actually Clemson has won three of the last four against them. Ga tech has played them tough over the years, they beat Clemson 6 out of seven times in the early 2000's.
My bad, I should have said when played in Atlanta and its actually 5 of last 6

Reactions: rockycard

I want CU undefeated.

If you think it through, either team winning tomorrow night could adversely affect UL.

Assume Clemson wins and then beats UL next week. UL would need Clemson to lose two conference games in order for UL to win the division. Hard to find two losses on their schedule going forward. So a Clemson loss could effectively open the door to UL to win the division.

Assume Ga. Tech wins. That could be a brick in their own division title dreams. But for that win, perhaps Miami wins the division. For UL, should UL win its division, preparing to face Ga. Tech is a whole lot more problematic than preparing to play Miami.

Should be a good game regardless and it should impact the outcome of the season for a couple of teams not even there.

I like watching all the games and of course conference games for other teams are important and impact Louisville.

But with that said, I'm really just locked in to what Louisville is doing.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I like watching all the games and of course conference games for other teams are important and impact Louisville.

But with that said, I'm really just locked in to what Louisville is doing.

Rational.

Perhaps because I just have the time I enjoy analyzing the secondary and even tertiary games. But check the schedules of Arkansas and Michigan State. They will have an impact on the playoffs.

Interesting I see no discussion of this game. It could have a significant impact on UL and the ACC as a whole. Clemson is currently favored by 9 or 9.5, but I am not convinced Clemson will win. But even if the Tigers do win, the game will impact the league and UL.

I was rooting for Clemson b/c I want to see the Cards knock off an undefeated, Top 5, storied Clemson program on the road next weekend. But, I have changed my mind. I've decided there's nothing left to prove, the Cards can win every game by 1 from here out and they are in the CFP. Clemson losing tonight gives the Cards a little breathing room, and to me winning the league is the most important thing so go GA Tech.

If the Cards do go to and beat an undefeated, Top 5 Clemson team, that will bode well for CFP seeding. A #1 seed puts the Cards in Atlanta for the semis against #4. So there's an advantage to that as well.

Fun!

Reactions: fredburgcard
Rational.

Perhaps because I just have the time I enjoy analyzing the secondary and even tertiary games. But check the schedules of Arkansas and Michigan State. They will have an impact on the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong Card Law - I will catch some of the game tonight if possible, and will be looking for the final score if I don't see the ending.

As fan of the Cards I just put nearly my entire focus of the college football season on our team. They've earned my attention and I'm taking the approach, if we take care of what we need to take care of all other scores will be on the back burner for me.

Honestly, it's so early in the season, for all we know standings could culminate "upside down" - this Clemson team could run the table or drop 3-4 league games, I mean who knows right now?

It's being discussed quite a bit on the board you are no longer a member of.

Having to play against the triple option in a shortened week is no fun. This could be a real battle but I think/hope Clemson wins. I dont want them coming off of a loss.

This is a close call, but I think I want Tech to win tonite. Our game with the Tigers will be diminished somewhat, but it's still gonna be a big game--big enough. No question our chances to win the division would be enhanced. And our schedule strength won't be significantly affected if Clemson loses tonite.

As far as the ACC, you can reason that the conference benefits regardless of which team wins. In the long term, the teams in the Coastal need to rise to the level of the Atlantic. A Tech win is another step in that direction...

Early on GT o-line is getting obliterated and Watson picking apart their defense because there is absolutely no pass rush.

You handle your own business...Louisville controls it own destiny...don't worry about others as CardLaw as a Bama fan can reckonize that Saban and the Crimson Tide only worry themselves and not LSU or aTm etc..etc...

Tigers looking sharp on both sides of the ball tonight. Just a terribly unlucky turn of events for Tech with that interception/fumble/safety.

Tigers looking sharp on both sides of the ball tonight. Just a terribly unlucky turn of events for Tech with that interception/fumble/safety.

It would appear the Tiger has awakened. The most impressive thing I have seen so far is the defense playing fast, but sticking to assignments. Not easy to do.

Clemson had to replace a # of guys, so it's not all that surprising they've yet to play their best game.

I credit them for jumping on this team early and taking the crowd out of the game.

It doesn't hurt when the opponent is incapable of using the forward pass in their offense.

You handle your own business...Louisville controls it own destiny...don't worry about others as CardLaw as a Bama fan can reckonize that Saban and the Crimson Tide only worry themselves and not LSU or aTm etc..etc...

That would be ideal - but it seldom happens. Last year I seriously doubt Alabama wins the national title if Arkansas does not convert a miraculous 4th down in OT versus Ole Miss to ultimately win the game a play later. I remember in 2011 needing three different upsets the same weekend to get Alabama back into the hunt for the BCS final and it happened.. Sometimes the adage "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" bears out.

I want CU undefeated.

this is my favorite post on the rivals site. 100% spot on and a mano e mano approach to playing the game. As a fan who remembers the kragcooper years well, I like this approach.

Keep in mind that, while you want respect, it's always good when your detractors make excuses for your success if they're competing against you. As long as they rationalize your success, they're not going to do much to increase the chances of their own...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT