ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Chubba Watch (UPDATE)

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
So here is what I have right now.

A source at Kansas State told me the Wildcats' staff thought it was down to them and Louisville.

A guy at Michigan State said they passed on taking Michael Alaimo who wound up at Purdue yesterday. I asked a source at Purdue about that and he said he couldn't confirm that was the case, but he "could see that though."

My guy out in Arizona told me that he heard Purdy's parents wanted him at KSU, Chubba likes Louisville, but MSU thinks they have him locked up. He also said Chubba hasn't told any school where he's going yet (as of 2:43 PM) so MSU, KSU, or UL haven't gotten "the call."

Some sources on the Louisville side of things said the Cards are still in it and I've also been told staff members have been speaking with him today.

I think the rumor about MSU passing on Alaimo has some legs to it and they're telling Purdy that UL already has their guy in this class and they just passed on a four star because Purdy is their one and only priority. Now that doesn't mean Louisville is out of it, just means they have a fight on their hands. Michigan State kind of came from the middle of the pack with a late charge here and I don't think anyone not named Purdy knows where he's going.

Last edited:
Reactions: dj5817
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News