ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Jones has been dismissed

Mar 11, 2009
@KKcards: Chris Jones has been dismissed from the University of Louisville men's basketball team. There will be no comment on the matter.

I wish we could hold a team together for one year. Between dismissals and key injuries we have the worst luck.

Sick about this.

I've sounded the WHINER ALERT.

Expecting a tidal wave starting...about...now...

Originally posted by zipp:

Well, let me be the first to whine. While I didn't expect a Final Four, I thought it was possible. I can pretty confidently say that a Final Four is now impossible. UofL sports are where I spend my entertainment time and money, so yes this is disappointing news.

Yeah.

Zipp this is some significant news I think it's ok for some people to be disappointed, or whatever emotion they choose to find.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:

Yeah.

Zipp this is some significant news I think it's ok for some people to be disappointed, or whatever emotion they choose to find.
Disappointed, yes. Surprised, NO. Anyone with a sliver of common sense could see this coming. It was only a matter of time.

I'll be even more disappointed if he's reinstated. He needs to go. His attitude has been the main problem with this team from day one IMO. He had his chances and he continued to blow it time after time after time.

Bye CJ. Enjoy Europe.

Hey, disappointment is fine. I'm disappointed too, more in CJ than anything else.

That's not "whining". I'm talking about the venting, pouting, temper tantrum variety I expect to see from a few posters. If they don't appear, they're making an improvement. I'll believe it when I see it.

As for the team, we move on...

I hate to see this. He was such an integral part of the team, and even yesterday's win. I hope he gets his life together after this setback. Sad and disappointing.

I've heard anything from drugs, to skipping classes, to assaulting a gf.

Clearly, admin refusing to make further comment suggests this was a legal issue.

Give me an example of what would be a whiney statement about the Jones dismissal . Disappointed is OK with you but what wouldn't be oh guardian of positivity on the board?

Hearing he assaulted a woman last night.

True or false?

Not sure.

If true, which I'm thinking it might be - he deserves what's coming.

I've heard anything from drugs, to skipping classes, to assaulting a gf.

Clearly, admin refusing to make further comment suggests this was a legal issue.
Hearing its skipping classes.

Also , during the Miami postgame, he said he didnt nothing wrong.

My one and only comment on this is to hope this young man can turn his life around and wind up a good person with a positive life at some point. Upon hearing this news, it's impact on UofL basketball is the last thing on my mind. [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by UK3Pointer:
Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:
Bringing him back again would damage Pitinos credibility IMO
What credibility?
The credibility of having taking three teams to the final four.......OFFICIALLY.

Ooops. Be gone troll
blackeye.r191677.gif

True or false?

Not sure.

Hearing this to, except it was before the suspension, which led to his suspension.

Add the comments that he didnt do anything wrong, he reportedly stated.

Originally posted by silver52:

Give me an example of what would be a whiney statement about the Jones dismissal . Disappointed is OK with you but what wouldn't be oh guardian of positivity on the board?
I think I already expounded on that if you read the thread...

"...I'm talking about the venting, pouting, temper tantrum variety I expect to see from a few posters. If they don't appear, they're making an improvement. I'll believe it when I see it..."

Usually accompanied by broad generalizations of the basketball program, the coaching, the players...you get the drift. And full of frustration and anxiety less than two years after a national championship.

Sports amnesia.

Does that apply to you??
This post was edited on 2/22 5:39 PM by zipp

Originally posted by jarheadky:
Steelers I applaud u for that most people forget at the end of the day these are kids.

I just wanted to add that Jones is a Senior, and more than likely 22-23 years old. He is not a kid.

This post was edited on 2/22 5:52 PM by AceCard

IMO jones was more important offensively than defense. He may have been the best defender we had but he was also one of just a few who could get his shot anytime he wanted.

Q has a chance to step up big time and be a distributor now. Something that Jones struggled with. He also has to average around double figures from here on out for us to make any kinda run in the tourney. Can't be one dimensional. Everyone else coming off the bench will also need to step up

Hope whatever happened that jones can get back on track and have a successful life.

I really hope Chris gets his life together and moves on to become a productive member of society. Sad news but you could see this coming for miles....

True or false?

Not sure.

^^this sounds like the most likely situation, unfortunately. Whatever he did, hopefully he will get his life in order.

Disappointing to say the least. It looks like Q will get his chance this season rather than next.

His brother (half? Step?) was murdered. His life has been a lot different than most if us. Memphis might be worse than Louisville. A lot going on here.

I am tired of the issues and projects.

Coach might not think coaching is so much fun any more after this'll year. This year could do him in. Yet he's hardly had a bad year since he came here. Just not quite the success we had hoped. He brings in money and celebrity.

(Watching Croatia game from 90s. Mike and i were on the bench. Silent auction prize. Samaki was out for car issue- which i still think was a uk booster set up. Jason Osbourne and tick rogers were out. Tick with injury. Charlie Taylor from PRP, beau zach, dejuan, brian kiser, bj flynn, craig farmer 26 years old! He had been in the navy. We wanted his friend but couldnt get him so got the 26 year old chef. Cant rememer. David sulivan and don russell calling the game. Delayed on wdrb. John tong. Lovely hearing his voice. Paul and jock one the radio. Cruise must have been their producer. The old cardinal bird. Memories.)

This too will pass.

Go cards, Ellen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT