ADVERTISEMENT

Cards win their 14th straight ... close out Duke 1-0.

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Burdi with the save. Duke had a runner on third, with 2 outs, but Burdi closes the door.

Cards are 15 - 1 in the ACC. Who woulda thunk it??

So many years, even with the talented and successful teams we have had, I always felt they lacked that swagger to win. Even when they won so much I felt they played not to lose more so than to win. This team has a different feel. They have the swagger and determination to win every game. No more do they look like a team that has a ton of talent and great coaching but still has that questionable confidence that they belong among the elite. This team knows they belong and it shows more and more every game and Im excited as hell about it.

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:

So many years, even with the talented and successful teams we have had, I always felt they lacked that swagger to win. Even when they won so much I felt they played not to lose more so than to win. This team has a different feel. They have the swagger and determination to win every game. No more do they look like a team that has a ton of talent and great coaching but still has that questionable confidence that they belong among the elite. This team knows they belong and it shows more and more every game and Im excited as hell about it.
Yep.Lots of reasons with this group to like what we see.I even heard it in some rare coach speak from Mac earlier in the year,almost as if they were getting a little too full of themselves.It's good that they occasionally drop one.They seem to bounce back better because of it.

Dang,a discussion about our baseball team.
smile.r191677.gif

Time to test the theory.These guys hate to lose.I'm guessing they bounce back on Sunday.

Theory is valid.
wink.r191677.gif
11-1 win in game #3.

Magic number is now eight to win our division of the ACC. Can we win 8 of final 12? Sounds doable to me.

I think the magic number will end up being closer to 5 or 6 when we look back. I don't see FSU winning out, especially with the series at UL still ahead of them. I say they win at least 8 of the remaining 12 conference games and win the division by at least 2 or 3 games. This team is too good to lose any more then 4 of the 12 conference games remaining. The series with FSU and the Vandy game that same week will really tell us where this team is at the most important time of the year. I think that will be great for this team to play the level of competition that late in the year. And CDM's teams get stronger as the year goes on. This one is no different and they just keep looking better and better. They have an off day at the plate every now and then as every team in baseball does but their pitching keeps them in games no matter what. The first two games of this past weekends series showed that. This team truly does have the pitching depth to do some real damage in Omaha if they can get there. I really like our chances with this team! I just hope to keep IU out of our Regional if at all possible. They have insight on everything we do. But I could see the NCAA doing that for a story and some extra eyeballs.

Does the ACC have an overall regular season conference champion or is it just two division winners? Does the team with the best conference record get the #1 seed in the tournament? Just curious how that works. And don't forget the Cards will be on the Big Ten Network against OSU tomorrow evening. Tune in!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT