ADVERTISEMENT

Cards vs WKU Thread

I think Luke pitching is good. He needs to get his mojo going. Cards hit the ball and all will be fine.

I think Luke pitching is good. He needs to get his mojo going. Cards hit the ball and all will be fine.
Yeah, I remember that mojo from 2019. He seems so laid back in comparison. But maybe he needs something to go his way in order to get that mojo. I believe we are going to see many guys on the mound tonight.

Running into the problem of relief pitchers not throwing strikes.

It's so maddening when pitchers can't throw strikes. I mean you're a pitcher, you're supposed to know how to throw strikes. Or at least close to strikes. These guys are not close and the bases are loaded.

We're losing these midweek games because McDonnell is experimenting with his bullpen and willing to sacrifice a loss for weekend wins. I think he expects the offense to make it up.

Just got back home. Happy to get inside for this one. 5AM comes early so I'm listening to Moth close it out. Lots of fans didn't get in. We got our tickets about 45 minutes prior.
Lots of fresh faces pitching tonight. I think Mac has to find another arm or 2 going to Southbend. Hopefully,we hang on. I think the biggest problem with the control of all these guys is the off speed pitches.

Reactions: PHCARD and Bardman
Finally. Alex breaks out with a multi-hit game. He is now hitting the ball hard and looks confident and comfortable at the plate.

Reactions: earsky and PHCARD
Looks like Alex is back. Timing was the issue and now he's going the other way. The shift may be short lived.

This looks like one of the best home run hitting teams McDonnell has had. Now if he can get the pitching squared away.

Reactions: PHCARD
I thought it was an odd game in that we didn’t have control until the bottom of the 7th inning and then we added to our lead in the 8th. Good win.

GO CARDS!!!

I don’t believe that our pitching is as it seems. These top rated coaches will figure it out. These young pitchers are here for a reason. We’ve played against many teams this year that seem to have the itis too.

Reactions: gocds
From what I’ve seen so far we have three or four good pitchers but then we have a bunch of very young and inexperienced guys. The key to our success, I believe, is in out scoring the opposition. Keep those bats swinging. The Notre Dame series will tell us a lot about where we are.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: earsky
Not quite the polished product yet. Just keep figuring out ways to win while becoming that gem.
Talking about pitchers, I was wondering what happened to Tulio. He came in last night in a situation against their left-handed sluggers and shined.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and Deeva
The improvement is what is most encouraging. Vintage CDM; using these less critical (non-conference) mid week games to get a lot of young pitchers some game experience. Yes, it explains losing to what we might consider inferior competition, but it prepares us for conference and tournament situations. If we can win the ACC, we will be a host school, and correctly that is the focus CDM has now.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
The improvement is what is most encouraging. Vintage CDM; using these less critical (non-conference) mid week games to get a lot of young pitchers some game experience. Yes, it explains losing to what we might consider inferior competition, but it prepares us for conference and tournament situations. If we can win the ACC, we will be a host school, and correctly that is the focus CDM has now.

Excellent post 233!

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT