ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs Vandy Time Change

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Game is now set for 4pm and still available on ESPNU. It appears storms are in the forecast Tues evening. Let’s hope rain is our only issue. 😎

• Wow
Reactions: nccardfan and gocds
Don’t think we are seeing anyone. Too much rain.

2-1 good guys heading to the bottom of the 5th. Lohman and Webster both impressive today. Now, let’s see some hits.

Reactions: earsky and PHCARD
At this point they are playing as well as they have this year. Hope it continues.

GO CARDS!!!

Pitchers have done their jobs today. Throw strikes; keep the ball down in the zone.

Reactions: gocds
I think unless the Cards get on a serious tear,they end up in Vandy's Super. Considering they get thru the regional.

Noooo! The talking heads said today they feel for whichever team gets UofL as #2 in their regional.
I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing we don't get the Super. Jmo,but sometimes the fight on the road gets the best out of you.

First mid-week loss for Vandy in their last 26! Vandy is what we were last year though as they have two premier pitchers. What a HATE about Vandy is that they provide many more full scholarships than other schools. I still do not understand why the NCAA allows Vandy to have that ‘fund’ to pay for all those schollies. Oh wait....it’s the NCAA.

Reactions: rh62531 and Deeva
Might as well be dead...when the the rain comes
When the Sun shines,they slip into the shade,sip their lemonade.... when the Sun shinnnnnes
Beatles fan. You'll get on my good side yet 😉

Man guys, I know the Paperback Rider B Side. But I guess I never flipped to A side. Even YouTube didn’t help me to Memory Lane on that one. 😄

Reactions: earsky
First mid-week loss for Vandy in their last 26! Vandy is what we were last year though as they have two premier pitchers. What a HATE about Vandy is that they provide many more full scholarships than other schools. I still do not understand why the NCAA allows Vandy to have that ‘fund’ to pay for all those schollies. Oh wait....it’s the NCAA.

They have changed it some ... now it all comes down to how much a school can afford to pay in scholarships funded from endowments. As long as you offer financial aid to everybody, it’s legal.

Now, if UofL baseball is disadvantaged compared to Vanderbilt, it’s because we don’t offer as much financial aid to lower income students as Vandy does.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and Bardman

They have changed it some ... now it all comes down to how much a school can afford to pay in scholarships funded from endowments. As long as you offer financial aid to everybody, it’s legal.

Now, if UofL baseball is disadvantaged compared to Vanderbilt, it’s because we don’t offer as much financial aid to lower income students as Vandy does.
Yes you are correct, but Vandy’s status as a private school assists them in getting more than the 11.7 scholarships allowed by the NCAA. It’s unfair but it is the reality of the situation.

GO CARDS!!!

Yes you are correct, but Vandy’s status as a private school assists them in getting more than the 11.7 scholarships allowed by the NCAA. It’s unfair but it is the reality of the situation.

GO CARDS!!!
Also I wonder if UofL will benefit from the new rules? Perhaps there is someone that knows the answer to my question.

GO CARDS!!!

Every school (including UofL) benefits, because you can now give a partial baseball scholarship combined with financial aid, as long as the student athlete qualifies for that aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process. Before, it was an either/or situation, where you couldn’t accept financial aid through FAFSA if you were also accepting any part of an athletic scholarship.

This change does lessen the advantage Vandy used to have, especially for student athletes from poor backgrounds.

Reactions: gocds
Every school (including UofL) benefits, because you can now give a partial baseball scholarship combined with financial aid, as long as the student athlete qualifies for that aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process. Before, it was an either/or situation, where you couldn’t accept financial aid through FAFSA if you were also accepting any part of an athletic scholarship.

This change does lessen the advantage Vandy used to have, especially for student athletes from poor backgrounds.
So you’re saying that the “Vanderbilt” advantage simply doesn’t exist any longer. At least that’s how I’m interpreting your comments. And, by the way, thanks for your input as it’s always very informative.

GO CARDS!!!

So you’re saying that the “Vanderbilt” advantage simply doesn’t exist any longer. At least that’s how I’m interpreting your comments. And, by the way, thanks for your input as it’s always very informative.

GO CARDS!!!
Thanks! Vandy still has some advantage, with students of middle class and upper class families that do not fully qualify for financial aid. Those recruits can get a full ride at Vanderbilt, due to their endowment. At UofL, they either have to take up one of the athletic scholarships, or they qualify for a few grants, academic scholarships, and have to foot the bill for the rest with student loans.

Reactions: gocds and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT