ADVERTISEMENT

Cards down 7-2

Yeah, very uninspiring to watch. I know Houston is a solid club but losing 2 outta the last 3 heading into the Regional is not very reassuring.

There's already talk about us being a #2 seed to Vanderbilt..... Look, honestly if we don't have Ruxer, we will be lucky to get out of a regional IMHO. There is just too much of a dropoff after our starting rotation. Rogers has closed the gap but today reinforced my thoughts about that we don't have guys who can give us quality 5-6 innings after our starters. And if we don't execute fundamentals and we make silly errors, we beat ourselves. Today we had two situations where Houston was going to bunt, we knew they were going to bunt. On both occasions, a wild pitch that allows a run to score and another wild pitch/passed ball that allowed the runner to advance to 3rd. Throw in a botched pickoff attempt at 2nd base and a routine ground ball to 2nd that should have been at least one out, instead we kick it around and get nothing.

Oh I forgot the 1st inning, when we tried to field a bunt and nobody was covering 1st. That run ended up scoring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT