ADVERTISEMENT

Cards are picked to finish (checking notes) 8th in the ACC.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
F2ct7_tXYAAo7M0

A little surprising, but, I prefer the role of underdog, being the hunter.

Reactions: SoulSr
This is so ridiculous and proves once again the bias against UofL. No way should Pitt, Duke or NC state be picked ahead of Louisville.

There's a reason you like being the hunter because that's what the Cards are 90 percent of the time.

Louisville football clearly reloaded instead of rebuilding. They definitely upgraded their coaching. They had a top 2 portal class and a top 30 recruiting class. They have a favorable schedule.

But none of that appears to matter.

This roster looks to be one of the most balanced we have had since the Sugar Bowl winning team.

This is so ridiculous and proves once again the bias against UofL. No way should Pitt, Duke or NC state be picked ahead of Louisville.

There's a reason you like being the hunter because that's what the Cards are 90 percent of the time.

Louisville football clearly reloaded instead of rebuilding. They definitely upgraded their coaching. They had a top 2 portal class and a top 30 recruiting class. They have a favorable schedule.

But none of that appears to matter.

This roster looks to be one of the most balanced we have had since the Sugar Bowl winning team.
From the outside, UofL hired a .500 coach who is an unknown, must replace a four year starter at QB, must retool on defense and at WR. I think we’ll do much better, and surprise a lot of people, but I think this reflects shallow, lazy analysis rather than some prejudice against UofL.

Come on now, Brohm is not just some .500 coach who is a unknown. They know exactly what he does and can do.

Plummer is a upgrade over Cunningham at QB and as I said before, the roster has been improved by the newcomers.

Now I don't believe that means they would pick the Cards in the top 3, but #8 is both lazy and a lack of respect.

Now I don't believe that means they would pick the Cards in the top 3, but #8 is both lazy and a lack of respect.
Bingo! Sports journalism has sunk to the depths of the rest of the field. While the transfer portal has made it tougher to know who's on first, the modern sports journalist digs no deeper. They prefer to concentrate on conference realignment and other side issues trying to figure out their next hot take for whatever guest appearance as an expert analyst. JMO

Fine! Disrespect us. Overlook us. Assume we’re the same “zone run on third and long team” from last year. Underestimate our coach. Underestimate our talent upgrade. Keep thinking our new coach, new QB and numerous new players means a step back. Yep…eighth is probably even optimistic for these fledgling Cardinals. Probably beating only BC and Murray are the best we can hope for. You have to consider how losing an offensive genius like Satterfield can be devastating to a shaky program like ours. Obviously it will take years to rebuild this team.

Yep….keep that thinking going…

Reactions: UofLforLife85
My experience with reading the "pre-season rags" that are now "pre-season online rags" is that they pretty much place most of the middle/bad teams close to or exactly where they finished the previous year.

Since the ACC is moving to a single division format this year, it's hard to say exactly where we'd have ended up in the league if it had been 1 division last year. We finished 4-4 in the league, so we were somewhere in the middle - essentially in a 4-way tie for 6th-9th. So they made us 8th in their pre-season prediction.

They're guessing we're going to continue as a middle of the road program that loses a few we shouldn't, maybe win one we shouldn't, and ends up back in the middle.

Hopefully this year we'll do much better than last year. And then going into the year after we'll start getting rated higher in the pre-season and getting more buzz as a result.

Come on now, Brohm is not just some .500 coach who is a unknown. They know exactly what he does and can do.

Plummer is a upgrade over Cunningham at QB and as I said before, the roster has been improved by the newcomers.

Good thing is we play the 4 teams right in front of us.

There is too much roster and coach movement to predict a season outside obvious ones.

It can come together quickly or start slowly. I have no idea how quickly Louisville will adapt to all the new moving parts. I don’t think Brohm’s offense is easy to implement. OLine has issues that may take some time to work out. I can see them losing the 1st game. Then start figuring it out.

ACC has a heavy Tobacco Road bias which is a problem for the conference.

That’s the way outsiders see it. We know better. That’s what I’m saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT