ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari Supports Pitino

There's a reason RP isn't trying it. It's hard.
Yeah,but Cal bought his ticket on this one.And yes,it is hard,probably the toughest job in basketball.Pitino isn't doing it because he does not tout the revolving door theory or Cal's philosophy about Draft night being the most important thing ever.

I agree
I would simply argue the stats provided are proof that Calipari is a much better recruiter than a coach. Pitino is a much better coach than recruiter, and coach K (since you mentioned Duke) is pretty damn good at both.

I agree with you. I also believe that pitino doesn't suck at recruiting and cal doesn't suck at coaching. These are two common Internet fan opinions.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
There's a reason RP isn't trying it. It's hard.
Oh Bullsh!t. I'll tell you what's hard, hard is taking a bunch of walk-ons and 2 star players and making a Final Four and playing a UK team with 6 NBA first rounders on it and a once in a generation player in Anthony Davis down to the wire like in 2012.

Hard is taking a bunch of guys who can't shoot the ball and come within a tip in of a Final Four while losing your starting Point Guard and leading scorer late in the season like in 2015.

And while you managed to mention the 2014 Cards losing a sweet 16 game to UK. If Rick doesn't kick the only 5 star player (Behanen) off the team in mid season do you really think we don't beat UK then and possibly cut down the nets again. No way does Poythress get those put backs if Chane were in there.

Yeah, real hard rolling out 2 platoons of NBA 1st round draft picks. Cal is a great recruiter. The end.

Reactions: earsky
Yeah,and I only meant hard because he's got a new group every year.He bought his ticket though.

No I said he would have won 4 titles at UofL. Thanks Bill for contributing though.[/QUOTE
Louisvillian, that's quite the exaggeration.

He had top notch talent at UK and managed one title.
Pitino is a great coach, but the man has his weaknesses. He excels at motivation and planning. He struggles with adapting if the plan isn't working.

Oh Bullsh!t. I'll tell you what's hard, hard is taking a bunch of walk-ons and 2 star players and making a Final Four and playing a UK team with 6 NBA first rounders on it and a once in a generation player in Anthony Davis down to the wire like in 2012.

Hard is taking a bunch of guys who can't shoot the ball and come within a tip in of a Final Four while losing your starting Point Guard and leading scorer late in the season like in 2015.

And while you managed to mention the 2014 Cards losing a sweet 16 game to UK. If Rick doesn't kick the only 5 star player (Behanen) off the team in mid season do you really think we don't beat UK then and possibly cut down the nets again. No way does Poythress get those put backs if Chane were in there.

Yeah, real hard rolling out 2 platoons of NBA 1st round draft picks. Cal is a great recruiter. The end.
Lots of "if's" and "but's" there.

Yeah,and I only meant hard because he's got a new group every year.He bought his ticket though.
Yup, Cal did buy his own ticket and so did every other coach in the country. The only coach that can say he has accomplished more in the last 6 years is coach K. Pitino cannot. Pitino bought his own ticket too. Which ticket is more successful? Each method has it's negative. 4 year players usually lack size, talent or skill, sometimes all of thee above but they gain valuable experience. One and done guys have the talent, size and skill but they don't have experience and their bodies don't have 4 years of college developmental training

Yeah,but Cal bought his ticket on this one.And yes,it is hard,probably the toughest job in basketball.Pitino isn't doing it because he does not tout the revolving door theory or Cal's philosophy about Draft night being the most important thing ever.
Huh??? I don't know what point you're trying to make with that statement.
Again, RP has his methods, Cal has his. Neither wants to do what the other is doing.

Holy lord you guys have a lot of free time! All these numbers and all these stats and bar graphs and math means NOTHING. At some point you have to get your eyes off the calculator and point them at the court. UK is in the middle of one of the best runs in college basketball history. You're using stats to bolster an argument that it isn't happening. This is what trash talk in this rivalry has become and it's weird...
Trash talking is weird. Fact-based arguments are perfectly valid. (Notice the LPT clown who said that Duke had as much talent kinda disappeared...)

Another Duke-LPT comparison... 36 player-years over 6 six years equals an average of 6.00 five-star kids on LPT's roster per year. 17/6 for Duke equals 2.83 kids. LPT has an average of TWICE as many five-star kids per year on its roster as the next-highest team in Duke. Again, any slapd!ck arguing otherwise is nuts.

Keep in mind everyone else in the nation has even less talent than Duke.

How many Final Fours LPT has had is a loser's argument. You're losing the games each year that matter most. And the path to a Final Four is relatively easy as a one-seed anyway. You're never beating a team seeded higher than you are, you're playing closer to home than most of the teams, and you probably have more fans in attendance. Not to mention, the path to a one-seed is a lot easier coming out of a conference like the SEC.

Titles are what separates contenders from pretenders and overrated losers.

"Elite program", my a$$...

For the "yeah but Duke's got 4-star kids" crowd... In the 2015 class, there are 25 five-star kids on Rivals and 83 four-star kids, more than three times as many. You can have four stars and not even be Top 100.

Pitino Lite doesn't even offer many 4-star kids.

Gentlemen,

I know you love your Cards and must root against UK. However, please leave the insults out of the conversations. Anyone who resorts to name calling is being childish. The bottom line of this thread is Coach Calipari (HOF) openly defended CRP's (HOF) integrity. I could be wrong, but I have not seen K, Roy, Self, or any other coaches sticking their necks out for CRP. As previously stated I respect CRP very much as a coach. He did a lot for the UK program. He has also Coached UL 14 years and has a 2 NITs, 3 Elite 8s, 3 FFs and 1 NC (I left First Round and Sweet 16 out) which I feel is very impressive. I truly believe if he had coached UK the last 20 years he would have more NCs than any coach to include Wooden. Yes, I think he is a great coach (Conceited as hades...just like Cal, but it goes with the job).

To defend Coach Cal's perceived failure I submit in the past 6 years UK has 1 NIT, 1 Elite 8, 2 FFs, 1 National Runner-up, and 1 NC (190-37 record) Gentlemen, even if UK had 25 Michael Jordan talents over that period...there is still no debate of UK basketball success. Case Closed. Don't take it from a UK fan...just read and hear it in the national and your own local media. By the way, recruiting and one and done are part of college basketball today (Ask Coach K, Roy, Self, and even CRP). Do you remember how Calipari and one and done was killing college basketball, until K used the model to win a NC? Perception? Bias?

UL and the rest of the NCAA has the same opportunity and historically recruits many of the same players UK does (Telfair, Teague, Behanan, Lyles, and Maker, to name a few). It is all in perception gentlemen. I am sure Teague or Lyles would have been L1C4 material if they had picked UL. If Thon Maker were to choose UL this year, he is L1C4 (Even though we all know he will probably only play one year). If by chance he picks UNC, Duke, KU, or heaven forbid UK he must have been paid, is soft, overrated, definitely not L1C4 and you didn't want him anyway (As a UK fan if he picks UL...I will consider him the Devil!). I will find out here how it goes I guess. And please don’t piggy-back your comments on the other ACC teams. As a matter of fact match Duke’s or UNC’s performance over the last 6 years against UK (If K is such a great recruiter...or coach). Also, UK fans can always just say...”Alabama” in football. If you can’t go heads up with a program just be silent. JMHO.

Just enjoy this great rivalry, the games, and good luck this year to you at Commonwealth and Rupp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen, I know you love your Cards and must root against UK. However, please leave the insults out of the conversations. Anyone who resorts to name calling is being childish. The bottom line of this thread is Coach Calipari (HOF) openly defended CRP's (HOF) integrity. I could be wrong, but I have not seen K, Roy, Self, or any other coaches sticking their necks out for CRP. As previously stated I respect CRP very much as a coach. He did a lot for the UK program. He has also Coached UL 14 years and has a 2 NITs, 3 Elite 8s, 3 FFs and 1 NC (I left First Round and Sweet 16 out) which I feel is very impressive. I truly believe if he had coached UK the last 20 years he would have more NCs than any coach to include Wooden. Yes, I think he is a great coach (Conceited as hades...just like Cal, but it goes with the job). To defend Coach Cal's perceived failure I submit in the past 6 years UK has 1 NIT, 1 Elite 8, 2 FFs, 1 National Runner-up, and 1 NC (190-37 record) Gentlemen, even if UK had 25 Michael Jordan talents over that period...there is still no debate of UK basketball success. Case Closed. Don't take it from a UK fan...just read and hear it in the national and your own local media. By the way, recruiting and one and done are part of college basketball today (Ask Coach K, Roy, Self, and even CRP). Do you remember how Calipari and one and done was killing college basketball, until K used the model to win a NC? Perception? Bias? UL and the rest of the NCAA has the same opportunity and historically recruits many of the same players UK does (Telfair, Teague, Behanan, Lyles, and Maker, to name a few). It is all in perception gentlemen. I am sure Teague or Lyles would have been L1C4 material if they had picked UL. If Thon Maker were to choose UL this year, he is L1C4 (Even though we all know he will probably only play one year). If by chance he picks UNC, Duke, KU, or heaven forbid UK he must have been paid, is soft, overrated, definitely not L1C4 and you didn't want him anyway (As a UK fan if he picks UL...I will consider him the Devil!). I will find out here how it goes I guess. And please don’t piggy-back your comments on the other ACC teams. As a matter of fact match Duke’s or UNC’s performance over the last 6 years against UK (If K is such a great recruiter...or coach). Also, UK fans can always just say...”Alabama” in football. If you can’t go heads up with a program just be silent. JMHO. Just enjoy this great rivalry, the games, and good luck this year to you at Commonwealth and Rupp.
Gentlemen, I know you love your Cards and must root against UK. However, please leave the insults out of the conversations. Anyone who resorts to name calling is being childish. The bottom line of this thread is Coach Calipari (HOF) openly defended CRP's (HOF) integrity. I could be wrong, but I have not seen K, Roy, Self, or any other coaches sticking their necks out for CRP. As previously stated I respect CRP very much as a coach. He did a lot for the UK program. He has also Coached UL 14 years and has a 2 NITs, 3 Elite 8s, 3 FFs and 1 NC (I left First Round and Sweet 16 out) which I feel is very impressive. I truly believe if he had coached UK the last 20 years he would have more NCs than any coach to include Wooden. Yes, I think he is a great coach (Conceited as hades...just like Cal, but it goes with the job). To defend Coach Cal's perceived failure I submit in the past 6 years UK has 1 NIT, 1 Elite 8, 2 FFs, 1 National Runner-up, and 1 NC (190-37 record) Gentlemen, even if UK had 25 Michael Jordan talents over that period...there is still no debate of UK basketball success. Case Closed. Don't take it from a UK fan...just read and hear it in the national and your own local media. By the way, recruiting and one and done are part of college basketball today (Ask Coach K, Roy, Self, and even CRP). Do you remember how Calipari and one and done was killing college basketball, until K used the model to win a NC? Perception? Bias? UL and the rest of the NCAA has the same opportunity and historically recruits many of the same players UK does (Telfair, Teague, Behanan, Lyles, and Maker, to name a few). It is all in perception gentlemen. I am sure Teague or Lyles would have been L1C4 material if they had picked UL. If Thon Maker were to choose UL this year, he is L1C4 (Even though we all know he will probably only play one year). If by chance he picks UNC, Duke, KU, or heaven forbid UK he must have been paid, is soft, overrated, definitely not L1C4 and you didn't want him anyway (As a UK fan if he picks UL...I will consider him the Devil!). I will find out here how it goes I guess. And please don’t piggy-back your comments on the other ACC teams. As a matter of fact match Duke’s or UNC’s performance over the last 6 years against UK (If K is such a great recruiter...or coach). Also, UK fans can always just say...”Alabama” in football. If you can’t go heads up with a program just be silent. JMHO. Just enjoy this great rivalry, the games, and good luck this year to you at Commonwealth and Rupp.

Yeah I gotta agree on the name calling. What is this middle school? Looks to me like a bunch of old dudes trying to look cool and use catch phrases. Act like adults.

Not sure who's being accused of name calling. If it's me, I'm simply parroting terms like "LPT" and "slapd!ck" that others have coined. If that's a problem, whoever is offended needs to go to the SOURCES for that terminology.

As for the accusation itself, why are we hearing this from LPT fans on a U of L message board? Were you guys invited into the conversation? I know I didn't extend that invite. Another option if you're offended is to simply stop coming here. Why do the same thing repeatedly and expect different results?

good points kyjeff. seems some people are missing all that has happened in the years UK did not win the titles. losing to a uconn team in the final game after going on one of the most memorable runs in ncaa tournament history. great games and great memories. winning 38 straight games with nail bitters against Georgia, Lsu and ND. to only lose in the final 4 against a talented wisc team. once again great memories and great games. same with walls team and BKs. just great runs that made basketball fun again at UK. yes would I of enjoyed another national title? of course. but man I got some great memories and seen some great players during those runs. best part is it's not slowing down. I think that bothers some haters more then anything. UK is just building more momentum say what you want throw up graphs, you can't take away 6 years of great runs and memories by saying 4 final 4s and a national championship in 6 years is just not acceptable. not sure what world you live in. all those wins in their count for something to right?

Last edited by a moderator:
good points kyjeff. seems some people are missing all that has happened in the years UK did not win the titles. losing to a uconn team in the final game after going on one of the most memorable runs in ncaa tournament history. great games and great memories. winning 38 straight games with nail bitters against Georgia, Lsu and ND. to only lose in the final 4 against a talented wisc team. once again great memories and great games. same with walls team and BKs. just great runs that made basketball fun again at UK. yes would I of enjoyed another national title? of course. but man I got some great memories and seen some great players during those runs. best part is it's not slowing down. I think that bothers some haters more then anything. UK is just building more momentum while some are standing still or even possibly about to go backwards. say what you want throw up graphs, you can't take away 6 years of great runs and memories by saying 4 final 4s and a national championship in 6 years is just not acceptable. not sure what world you live in. all those wins in their count for something to right?
Some people just feel better when they knock the accomplishments of others. It's just the way it is.

not sure what the argument is? we know rp is a great coach he has proven it on every level you can. cal is not to shabby himself. he took a umass program and turned it around with I believe only 1 5* in camby. was camby a 5* coming out? what he did at umass should be enough to say the man can coach.

in Memphis I watched as the man hit my home town and had to sale tickets to games. it was bad real bad. not only did he turn that program around but for the first time in my life he had that city proud and united behind something. you can laugh but unless you have lived their you would not know what I'm talking about.

so is the argument cal is better then rp or rp is better then cal? in my opinion both are at a high level. but had different paths to get their. do not kid yourself if you think rp does not recruit every 5* kid available. for whatever reason rp just does not land them like cal and UK. does not mean he has not been successful with the kids he has landed. is it hard to build a team over 4 years with young men ? hell ya. but rp has shown if he can keep a good nucleus in place for 3 to 4 years he knows how to build a championship team. that's just his style and he is very good at it.

as far as it being easy changing your roster every year with guys coming in to a system where their mins ,shots and egos take a huge hit is a challenge in its self. cal may not be a master at x n o stuff, but the man just had his entire team leave and still comes in 1 in the rankings only because of his past accomplishments getting these young men to buy into his system.

both ways the men go about it is hard. rp has a system that most young men can't get comfortable with in a year. and in my opinion it takes longer to earn that trust from rp to put you out their. very few guys blow up under rp in their first 2 years. in recent memory I can really only think of mash who rp had to throw to the fire early in his career. in this day and time do I think top recruits looking to go to the nba as soon as they can see in rp system it will not happen over night? yes I do think it has probably cost rp a couple big name recruits. but do I think rp cares? no. one thing about rp he will do it his way. and he has been a hell of a coach fallowing his path.

but in no way is what cal does easy. it's different then rp but has just as many challenges. both deserve us all to be honest about their accomplishments on the floor at the end of the day.

Some people just feel better when they knock the accomplishments of others. It's just the way it is.
That's rich coming from a UK fan when your fellow fans have managed to denigrate every accomplishment Louisville athletics have made over the years.

Let's also get to the real reason that you guys love Cal no matter how many Titles he blows with NBA talent. He keep your program in the spotlight with all the ridiculous talent he brings in.

Tubby never did that even if he had the same number of titles under his belt as Cal.

I've been around UK fans all my life and one thing is for sure, their personal hell is when nobody notices them. Here's hoping that Cal in April is explaining how special the 2015-2016 year was even if the fans don't know it.

Last edited:
That's rich coming from a UK fan when your fellow fans have managed to denigrate every accomplishment Louisville athletics have made over the years.

Let's also get to the real reason that you guys love Cal no matter how many Titles he blows with NBA talent. He keep your program in the spotlight with all the ridiculous talent he brings in.

Tubby never did that even if he had the same number of titles under his belt as Cal.

I've been around UK fans all my life and one thing is for sure, their personal hell is when nobody notices them. Here's hoping that Cal in April is explaining how special the 2015-2016 year was even if the fans don't know it.
Louisvillian, it seems you hate UK more than you love Louisville. That's a sad thing, in my opinion.

Regarding this discussion, I said above that I believe it was the right move for Calipari to offer support of Pitino, especially in the absence of any final answers and evidence to the contrary. I stand by that.

Regarding which coach is better, in truth it doesn't matter. Both coaches are successful, though they clearly go about doing the job in different ways. Calipari does his best job on the recruiting trail. He clearly has developed a track record for getting the best players and getting them noticed and being drafted high. That's the key to recruiting these top players. And anyone who says Pitino doesn't "want" those players is fooling himself. Who wouldn't want a kid like Karl Towns, Andrew or Aaron Harrison, Trey Lyles, and etc? There are only a very few that Pitino wouldn't have LOVED to have playing for the Cards. But Calipari can reel them in, and at this point his success does it for him. When he walks in the door, any coach not named Krzyzewski just throw their hands up. When you compare his game preparation ability and in-game coaching ability to his recruiting, it looks weaker, without a doubt. But again, don't kid yourself into thinking he's not a good coach. What he did at UMass and Memphis in turning those programs around speaks volumes. Taking UMass from nothing to a Final Four is no small feat. It's not like he's wet behind the ears or doesn't know what he's doing.

Now, if you're talking Pitino, he does it differently. For whatever reason (I have a few ideas but will refrain from sharing), Pitino isn't able to bring in those 5-star guys like Calipari. He gets a 5-star here and there, but he mostly does it with 3 and 4-star recruits who stay for 3-4 years. But Pitino may be one of the best in college basketball history at getting his team to play the game at the highest level they possibly can. I'd say, in regard to season preparation (figuring out how his team can win and preparing them to get it done) and game preparation (analyzing an opponent, creating a gameplan, and getting his team to execute it), there are very few who can rival him. Now, that's just a fact. I loved him at UK and wish he had stayed back in 1997 when he went to the Celtics. If he had, I would venture to say that UK would have caught UCLA in total number of titles and Pitino, not Coach K, would be considered the best in the game. And he's still up there in my mind. This latest scandal may put a dent in his legacy, but nobody can deny what he has done over the last 25 years.

So, if you're giving me a week to prepare for a game and both teams have even talent, I'd take Pitino over Calipari any day. But if you're giving me a year to recruit and build a team to play on that same date, I'd take Calipari any day. That's my 2 cents.

Reactions: UKortho
Louisvillian, it seems you hate UK more than you love Louisville. That's a sad thing, in my opinion.

Regarding this discussion, I said above that I believe it was the right move for Calipari to offer support of Pitino, especially in the absence of any final answers and evidence to the contrary. I stand by that.

Regarding which coach is better, in truth it doesn't matter. Both coaches are successful, though they clearly go about doing the job in different ways. Calipari does his best job on the recruiting trail. He clearly has developed a track record for getting the best players and getting them noticed and being drafted high. That's the key to recruiting these top players. And anyone who says Pitino doesn't "want" those players is fooling himself. Who wouldn't want a kid like Karl Towns, Andrew or Aaron Harrison, Trey Lyles, and etc? There are only a very few that Pitino wouldn't have LOVED to have playing for the Cards. But Calipari can reel them in, and at this point his success does it for him. When he walks in the door, any coach not named Krzyzewski just throw their hands up. When you compare his game preparation ability and in-game coaching ability to his recruiting, it looks weaker, without a doubt. But again, don't kid yourself into thinking he's not a good coach. What he did at UMass and Memphis in turning those programs around speaks volumes. Taking UMass from nothing to a Final Four is no small feat. It's not like he's wet behind the ears or doesn't know what he's doing.

Now, if you're talking Pitino, he does it differently. For whatever reason (I have a few ideas but will refrain from sharing), Pitino isn't able to bring in those 5-star guys like Calipari. He gets a 5-star here and there, but he mostly does it with 3 and 4-star recruits who stay for 3-4 years. But Pitino may be one of the best in college basketball history at getting his team to play the game at the highest level they possibly can. I'd say, in regard to season preparation (figuring out how his team can win and preparing them to get it done) and game preparation (analyzing an opponent, creating a gameplan, and getting his team to execute it), there are very few who can rival him. Now, that's just a fact. I loved him at UK and wish he had stayed back in 1997 when he went to the Celtics. If he had, I would venture to say that UK would have caught UCLA in total number of titles and Pitino, not Coach K, would be considered the best in the game. And he's still up there in my mind. This latest scandal may put a dent in his legacy, but nobody can deny what he has done over the last 25 years.

So, if you're giving me a week to prepare for a game and both teams have even talent, I'd take Pitino over Calipari any day. But if you're giving me a year to recruit and build a team to play on that same date, I'd take Calipari any day. That's my 2 cents.
I hate UK more than I love Louisville because I hope UK doesn't win the NCAA Title this year?
Exagerrate much?

I'm sure you are rooting for the Cards to win it all this year.

Not sure who's being accused of name calling. If it's me, I'm simply parroting terms like "LPT" and "slapd!ck" that others have coined. If that's a problem, whoever is offended needs to go to the SOURCES for that terminology.

As for the accusation itself, why are we hearing this from LPT fans on a U of L message board? Were you guys invited into the conversation? I know I didn't extend that invite. Another option if you're offended is to simply stop coming here. Why do the same thing repeatedly and expect different results?

Ok so let me get this straight, I could call you anything I wanted just as long as it's a word that others have coined. So I would just be parotting it back to you? And as long as it isn't a term I coined myself then it's cool? Sweet! I like it.

Don't flatter yourself dude. You can't offend me. I think grown men calling each other names in the Internet is about the girliest and most childish things I've ever seen (no offense to girls or children). But I'm not gonna get personally offended. I just don't think there is a place for it on a sports board.

Ricky would have had more success with Cals players imo, but he can't get those players so it's a moot point. He is a better coach than Cal and I Wish he would of never left. He's probably done at Louisville unless the Sex parties prove to be a bunch of exaggerated lies. Man, he looks like he has aged 10 years recently. Time for him to go to ESPN.

Ricky would have had more success with Cals players imo, but he can't get those players so it's a moot point. He is a better coach than Cal and I Wish he would of never left. He's probably done at Louisville unless the Sex parties prove to be a bunch of exaggerated lies. Man, he looks like he has aged 10 years recently. Time for him to go to ESPN.
Don't believe Rick is going anywhere but I agree he has aged because he is 63 years old.

If Cal keeps using that face tanning machine his face is gonna look like a catcher's mitt in a few years. Ya'll need to tell him skin cancer is no joke.

Don't believe Rick is going anywhere but I agree he has aged because he is 63 years old.

If Cal keeps using that face tanning machine his face is gonna look like a catcher's mitt in a few years. Ya'll need to tell him skin cancer is no joke.

LOL. He is a little "greasy" so maybe that is SPF 50 lotion.

Ok so let me get this straight, I could call you anything I wanted just as long as it's a word that others have coined. So I would just be parotting it back to you? And as long as it isn't a term I coined myself then it's cool? Sweet! I like it.

Don't flatter yourself dude. You can't offend me. I think grown men calling each other names in the Internet is about the girliest and most childish things I've ever seen (no offense to girls or children). But I'm not gonna get personally offended. I just don't think there is a place for it on a sports board.

Could not agree more. If anyone gets their feeling hurts on a message board they need to seek immediate help. You don't go on a message board for a self esteem boost.

Could not agree more. If anyone gets their feeling hurts on a message board they need to seek immediate help. You don't go on a message board for a self esteem boost.

"You don't go on a message board for a self esteem boost."
You seem to be doing just that! LOL

Huh??? I don't know what point you're trying to make with that statement.
Again, RP has his methods, Cal has his. Neither wants to do what the other is doing.
My point is you're crying about how hard it is.Cal bought his ticket.Pitino does not follow the philosophy of making it about draft night,rather building teams the old fashioned way.I don't get what's hard to figure out.You can't set it up one way then bitch because it's hard.

Reactions: shadow force
in Memphis I watched as the man hit my home town and had to sale tickets to games. it was bad real bad. not only did he turn that program around but for the first time in my life he had that city proud and united behind something. you can laugh but unless you have lived their you would not know what I'm talking about.
Grew up an hour away from Memphis, and during basketball season you saw Memphis shirts all over the place. He managed to get all the fans that just cared about football to become Memphis basketball fans. It was pretty cool. Too bad Pastner ruined all that momentum

LOL

Grew up an hour away from Memphis, and during basketball season you saw Memphis shirts all over the place. He managed to get all the fans that just cared about football to become Memphis basketball fans. It was pretty cool. Too bad Pastner ruined all that momentum
Heartwarming tales of Squid lovers on the Louisville Rivals site.

Good Lord I'm getting a tad ill.

The only part of this entire rant that I would even come close to agreeing with is the comment about your 2015 team. Rick is a great coach but the biggest myth going is that he takes a bunch of 2 stars and competes for titles. As far as losing Chane goes, you were a better team with out him and UK had already proven they can beat you that season with Chane in the lineup.

The only part of this entire rant that I would even come close to agreeing with is the comment about your 2015 team. Rick is a great coach but the biggest myth going is that he takes a bunch of 2 stars and competes for titles. As far as losing Chane goes, you were a better team with out him and UK had already proven they can beat you that season with Chane in the lineup.
To say that we were a better team without our best rebounder is ignorant just like all the simplistic opinions we heard about how much better our team was without Chris Jones. Pitino himself laughed at people suggesting that.

I don't care what you agree with but the point of my post was to point out how ridiculous it was for one of your fans saying how hard it is do what Cal does. He kills it recruiting and I'm sure that is work but please don't insult someone's intelligence saying how hard it is coaching 6 NBA first rounders every year.

I guessed you missed that

No way could Pitino no or did he pay for it. She never said he was there and I know if i'm paying for strippers you bet your ass i'm gonna be there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT