ADVERTISEMENT

Birthday

Happy Birthday, Coach Crum!
party0005.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Cards1261:
The best game coach ever.
I agree but I am bias. His ability to adapt to game situations and make the right adjustments is exactly why he's in the basketball HOF. His genius as a game coach was undeniable.

Happy Birthday Coach! You will always be my favorite Louisville basketball Coach.

This post was edited on 3/3 7:30 AM by Cue Card

Happy Birthday Coach !! I can remember driving through the Mountains in West VA listening to a game...down 14 with a bout a minute to go... He massaged the team to a win!! Miss some of the fun days at Freedom hall. I wish I had more confidence in our end of game offensive sets and playcalling now....

Happy B- Day coach Crum. One of the best ever and underrated IMO. He may not have the gaudy total win stats of some of his contemporaries, but give me Denny over most if I have to win a game.

Without Coach Crum, our favorite program would more than likely be like Dayton or Western.

Rich programs with alot of wins and history, yet NOT ELITE, and without National Championships.

Coach Crum staying and not going to UCLA, when his mentor Wooden retired, is more than likely the biggest
event in UofL history.

This thread should be 5 pages long.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Without Coach Crum, our favorite program would more than likely be like Dayton or Western.

Rich programs with alot of wins and history, yet NOT ELITE, and without National Championships.

Coach Crum staying and not going to UCLA, when his mentor Wooden retired, is more than likely the biggest
event in UofL history.

This thread should be 5 pages long.
The thing I like most about Coach is his compassionate side which many people just don't know about. I recall a moment in time back in the early 80s when the parents of a young boy with terminal brain cancer called the ULAD with the hope he would visit him in the hospital. Not only did Coach Crum show up the SAME DAY he got the word, he brought the team with him. There was no camera crew. It wasn't a PR stunt. His intent was genuine and pure.That little boy died a few months later but that day he was happy and if only for a brief time, he forgot how sick he was. Coach Crum is and always will be a ICON in UofL basketball history in my eyes.

Happy Birthday again Coach! May you enjoy many more!!

My favorite Denny moment. My wife and I were eating at
John E's and I was wearing a cardinal sweater. He walked
over to our table to say Hi on his way to being a waiter
for a group of homeless men in the next room.
Happy Birthday Coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT