ADVERTISEMENT

Big News Coming Tomorrow Morning

I'm telling you all right now do not think 1 second that anyone tomorrow is safe. I suspect the only person to be on the staff is Padgett and maybe Kenny Klein.

Jurich and Pitino are 100% gone.

Jurich has been clean on everything except his loyalty to Pitino.

Local Media and local moguls have smeared Jurich with the Yum! Center and Ramsey.

Our other sports programs are squeaky cliean....Pitino and Men's Basketball has been the problem.

Gut the Men's Basketball program. Go all out and bring in Brad Stevens.

First of all you can fire someone whenever you want. Secondly he will argue that he was fired without cause. I think most reasonable people would argue that an FBI investigation into his program while already facing major NCAA sanctions would satisfy the "with cause" requirement to not have to pay the $19m owed to him otherwise. If he were truly L1C4, he'd resign.

On a fundamental level I agree. But Jimmy94 has a point. Still, while Pitino could argue his dismissal is without cause, UofL could argue it is. By the time this gets to court, a whole lot of stuff will have come out and Pitino will be arguing in a Jefferson County court room in front of Jefferson County jurors that he did nothing wrong - this time. Who knows? He may even be right. He loses. If UofL offers him a million or so, he should take it and go.

On a related note, I really hope Dr. Postel's wife didn't advise him against accepting the interim presidency when it was offered. If so, his life is hell on two fronts right now. No one deserves that.

Reactions: dopy03
UL will owe Rick something like 30 million to fire him. I think UL will wait for the NCAAs come out with the major violations than fire Rick for cause so they don't have to pay him. So Rick will stay around for awhile. Rick could settle for a settlement and get some money and resign/retire tomorrow.
I'd think slappies would be in their holes today not knowing how where this one ends. You know the Feds want bigger fish than a few assistants and one five-star kid. They can find a bunch of five stars at one place.

"Elite program," my a$$...

It all comes down to money. The moment that the UL leadership feels like donations will suffer if Pitino is retained, he will be gone. Just my opinion.

We no longer have a top tier BB program for the foreseeable future. A lot of you guys don't really understand what is about to happen with our story BB program. Some of you think oh well fire Rick and Tom every thing is going to be alright. Well no it's not this situation is going to set us back for many years to come. We might never get a great coach again of this caliber to rebuild this program to the elite level. I came up through the Crum era so i've seen the highs and lows now it is going to be nothing but lows. It's truly sad to see our great program just nothing but a shell of shambles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boston.Knight

Local Media and local moguls have smeared Jurich with the Yum! Center and Ramsey.

Our other sports programs are squeaky cliean....Pitino and Men's Basketball has been the problem.

No way you still believe Stevens is leaving Boston. Do I need to link you to his roster?

There's no doubt that if Jurich is retained that you guys will have a solid coach though. You have no eveidence to suggest otherwise with his hires.

Reactions: Kentucky31
No way you still believe Stevens is leaving Boston. Do I need to link you to his roster?

There's no doubt that if Jurich is retained that you guys will have a solid coach though. You have no eveidence to suggest otherwise with his hires.
Mods can we please ban any blue tick that feels the need to post during this period? They are the LAST a$$hats that need to be posting on here right now.

I'm hearing David Padgett announced as interim coach tomorrow. But who knows? The winds are changing fast.

If we can somehow stabilize for the year, the investigation will broaden in scope and the NCAA will be forced to deal with such a large number of member institutions, they may slap all on the wrist and be forced to "reset". They can't afford to nuke the whole goose. Why do you think it took the FBI to get involved?

Coach Padgett is actually going to have a nice team to coach next year. After that, not so great.

He’ll be so far over his head it won’t be funny. Yes he’ll have a good team but don’t expect much.

Stevens is not leaving. They have a stud 25 year old PG and 2 other All Stars on that team, not to mention a bunch of young talent. Boston is set up to be good for a long, long time.

I actually agree with the rest of your post though - Pitino is the common denominator here. Can him, rebuild and move on. No need to can Jurich.

It's not just compliance stuff with the hoops program. Sypher had nothing to do with compliance, but it brought shame to the school.

Think about it, this our coach's second dealing with the FBI during his tenure. How many other schools can claim that?

In the spirit of transparency, I must do as another poster has done on this thread: I never wanted Pitino, do not, and have not ever liked him. I don't deny he's a great coach, etc, but I've never liked or wanted him here.

I'm now to the point that I think there's justifiable reason to say adios.

Reactions: Cue Card
I'd think slappies would be in their holes today not knowing how where this one ends. You know the Feds want bigger fish than a few assistants and one five-star kid. They can find a bunch of five stars at one place.

"Elite program," my a$$...

I posted in another thread that fans of any program shouldn't be relishing the pain of a rival today - this rabbit hole is gonna go really deep. Nobody is safe.

Joon H. Kim, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, made it clear in his news conference that his office is coming for anyone attached to the pay-for-play scandal and will continue to pursue additional indictments.

"It's better for you to call us than for us to be calling you when we're ready to charge you," Kim warned.

FBI assistant director Bill Sweeney doubled down.

"We have your playbook," he said. "Our investigation is ongoing. We are conducting additional interviews as we speak."

Years from now, this day may go down as the most crippling moment in the sport's history.

Reactions: zipp
After Pitino is fired today, it is assumed David Padgett will take over for this year. He will also be down 2 asst coaches. My hope is that UofL can get Scotty Davenport to take over then for the next 3 years to right the ship.

I posted in another thread that fans of any program shouldn't be relishing the pain of a rival today - this rabbit hole is gonna go really deep. Nobody is safe.

Joon H. Kim, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, made it clear in his news conference that his office is coming for anyone attached to the pay-for-play scandal and will continue to pursue additional indictments.

"It's better for you to call us than for us to be calling you when we're ready to charge you," Kim warned.

FBI assistant director Bill Sweeney doubled down.

"We have your playbook," he said. "Our investigation is ongoing. We are conducting additional interviews as we speak."

Years from now, this day may go down as the most crippling moment in the sport's history.
Who is ULs Sandy Bell?

Id like Scotty Davenport. He is just a good guy on the inside. Im not sure he would leave Bellarmine to come to this sh%t show. Even if we dont win a whole lot, Id like to know that we have a clean program. Enough with all of this shady crap! Id also like to see some true student athletes finally come here to Louisville.

Reactions: rojas
Id like Scotty Davenport. He is just a good guy on the inside. Im not sure he would leave Bellarmine to come to this sh%t show. Even if we dont win a whole lot, Id like to know that we have a clean program. Enough with all of this shady crap! Id also like to see some true student athletes finally come here to Louisville.

Louisville is his dream job. He would be perfect bridge.

Louisville is his dream job. He would be perfect bridge.

I have zero problems with Scotty Davenport. He is a very good basketball coach and more than just a decent person. However, can he recruit top D1 talent?

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I have zero problems with Scotty Davenport. He is a very good basketball coach and more than just a decent person. However, can he recruit top D1 talent?

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
Maybe maybe not.....who cares? We need to get through all of this and get some good quality men in here to play for the school. I have so much respect for that guy, id be tickled to death if he came here. I bet at the least..(if allowed) we would go to the tourney most years.

Secondly....I have so much respect for the guy that I almost wouldn't wish this mess on him

Pitino is gone. While he may have not known what his assistants were doing in that room he knows the game. The moment a star dropped out of the sky he should have known something was up. He choose to look the other way.

Jurich should go because he backed Pitino. The trust is all but gone in the basketball program and frankly the university. They have to clean house and sadly it was self inflicted..

Reactions: Jimmy94
Lol @ Davenport. He's a DII coach and a giant A-hole.

You are literally the first person I've ever heard disparage Scotty D. Do you realize what this job looks like the next few years? It's gonna be a mess. You need someone who has integrity but also appreciates the fan base. His enthusiastic personality is what is needed. He would be a bridge to a more permanent solution.

First negative opinion of Scotty Davenport I've ever heard anywhere. Love his positivity.
I'm good with Scotty getting the job. One thing is crystal clear to me this morning. Pitino must not be allowed to keep his job. He may or may not have known about this and both conditions are unacceptable. The 'I didn't know' excuse doesn't fly any longer. Thanks for the memories coach P, but you got to go.

The governor should get involved. He has done a great job of addressing the messes with the past president and foundation that were allowed to run amok.

I seriously doubt there will be a death penalty. The economic repercussions are so severe for the school, city, ACC and NCAA. I believe politicians would get involved because of the Yum center if necessary. That being said, a person is not an idiot for suggestions it at this point. We're pretty far down the rabbit hole right now.

This is a good post. On top of that, there's too many schools to start giving the death penalty out as punishment. College basketball as a whole is going to suffer with whatever the actual punishment is, and it would be crippled if all of those teams got the death penalty.

Penn State and Baylor covered up terrible sexual criminal acts, which I can only imagine is a felony as well, they're complicit in the actions in a way. They did not receive the death penalty. The crimes in this current situation, they may be felonies, but at least they're relatively victimless crimes and probably actually helped some players' families out even if it was against the rules.

IF pitino somehow keeps his job past this morning, im done with UofL basketball until hes gone. Im not asking for the saint of all that is holy to run a squeaky clean program, but my goodness this has gotten out of control.

Reactions: catmanC15
Look at the Wall Street insider trading investigations. They "caught" a few minor players and a couple of whales. They were made examples to discourage others from behaving badly and they didn't try to find all of the inside traders on Wall Street. That is what will probably happen here.

Unfortunately, in this case, it appears the whale they accidentally MAY have caught is Rick Pitino. The Feds need to make an example of someone to discourage the bad behavior and, unfortunately, it looks like it could be Pitino. It probably could have been a dozen other head coaches, but I don't think the Feds want to bring down college sports. What the Feds really want is for companies to stop paying people off the books and college (and AAU) coaches to stop condoning it. I am pretty sure that Adidas, Nike, and UA, if the allegations are correct, are in the process of cleaning up their acts and college and AAU coaches are changing their behaviors.

As for Louisville, Pitino will have to go and probably Jurich. And, there will be some severe penalties for the basketball program. BUT, Louisville has the resources, the fan base, and the tradition to recover from this. If Baylor basketball can recover from the Dave Bliss scandal, which was as bad as behavior could ever get, Louisville will recover.

Penn State and Baylor covered up terrible sexual criminal acts, which I can only imagine is a felony as well, they're complicit in the actions in a way. They did not receive the death penalty. The crimes in this current situation, they may be felonies, but at least they're relatively victimless crimes and probably actually helped some players' families out even if it was against the rules.
Neither were already on probation. UofL currently is on a 4 year probation which was just handed down. That doesn't matter right now because the FBI investigation has not concluded. The last thing any UofL fan needs to be worried about is the death penalty from the NCAA. Fedreal laws have been broken. People are going to be heading to trial and probably prison because the FEDS don't indict and charge without getting convictions very often if ever.

Reactions: catmanC15
What Boston said. However, I believe this kind of selective enforcement is what will kill the game for most fans. If fans wanted college BB cleaned up, UofL wasn't the program to target.

Welcome to the new college basketball landscape where agents and shoe companies run the show.

Too many back handed, condescending comments from Lexington School fans on here. If this probe is truly going deeper. I'd be concerned a little if I wore blue. And, I won't get the same opportunity to ruffle your hair and say "oh, you'll be okay, blah, blah, blah." because your site doesn't allow 99% of Louisville fans.

Karma is a bitch, just sayin'. The ice is thin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT