ADVERTISEMENT

Big News Coming Tomorrow Morning

@JimboBBN Hey man, I'm still around, just stopped posting on the main board about a month or so ago, too much political banter and weak trolling for my taste. Was funner back in the day. Couple that with the news today, and whew. I'm good. I got LST to blacklist me in mid-August. However I still read the board occasionally. Hope you're good bud.
Glad to hear you're doing well, bro. Crazy stuff going on right now. You're one of the good guys I know that cheers for the Cards. You and @Steelers2012 both. So I do truly mean this when I say, I think you guys totally deserve better than this mess Pitino and Jurich have left you all in. I think it will be a good thing to start over, start fresh, and move away from those two as quickly as you can. U of L has been successful in basketball for a very long time. Pitino nor Jurich made that program. And if I was a betting man, I'd say Louisville will be back and competing again sooner rather than later.

Most of my family and friends cheer for the Cards, and I hate this for them. I know a lot of you guys hate big blue, and that's fine, but I just wanted to say good luck going forward. Hopefully Steelers won't ban me just for the BBN in my name ;) I'm sure there's been a mess of UK fans coming over here recently and talking smack. I'll drop by time to time when this all settles down and we can talk some ball. See you around buddy!

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I don't think the "death penalty" in its traditional sense ever gets handed out again. It effectively ruined SMU football permanently. Add to that the massive dollars that come in through TV deals now and you can't just not televise 30 plus games.

Too many back handed, condescending comments from Lexington School fans on here. If this probe is truly going deeper. I'd be concerned a little if I wore blue. And, I won't get the same opportunity to ruffle your hair and say "oh, you'll be okay, blah, blah, blah." because your site doesn't allow 99% of Louisville fans.

Karma is a bitch, just sayin'. The ice is thin.
It is going to be so funny. They've been paying all their recruits for years. They have one title, that will soon be removed. Then, they will be permanently banned. Kentucky Shame 2.0. Can't wait!

I definitely agree, but unless I was one of those people that may be arrested, I wouldn't worry about what's happening to them. I wouldn't care if Cal broke a law and got arrested as long as he was gone and we still had a program.

I don't think the "death penalty" in its traditional sense ever gets handed out again. It effectively ruined SMU football permanently. Add to that the massive dollars that come in through TV deals now and you can't just not televise 30 plus games.

What killed SMU football was not the death penalty, it was being left behind when the Big 12 Conference was formed in 1994. SMU football could not recover from both blows.

Reactions: JohnKBA
What killed SMU football was not the death penalty, it was being left behind when the Big 12 Conference was formed in 1994. SMU football could not recover from both blows.

Yep. Another city school that got too big too fast for the old guard. The main theme was everybody is doing it, but only one school got caught and punished.

Reactions: BPGhost
Yep. Another city school that got too big too fast for the old guard. The main theme was everybody is doing it, but only one school got caught and punished.
This x1000. I have always felt we came up too fast, too big for the powers that be. We have a lot of things working against us, not just the UK hate. I am not blaming anyone but ourselves. Its just that when you are the "city" school going against the traditional power-trying to play the traditional game, you are the first one thrown under the bus.

Reactions: BPGhost

I'd call it a combination. Had the program not been decimated in the 80s, it's much more likely that they would have caught on with the Big 12 when it formed. There were many traditional rivalries there.

Problem is, in 1994, SMU was still a dumpster fire from the sanctions.

This x1000. I have always felt we came up too fast, too big for the powers that be. We have a lot of things working against us, not just the UK hate. I am not blaming anyone but ourselves. Its just that when you are the "city" school going against the traditional power-trying to play the traditional game, you are the first one thrown under the bus.

This is true if you give someone a bullet that has a gun and they shoot you its because you’re stupid. We gave the NCAA a bullet. Now the problem is rebuilding and that’s when it gets hairy. All of the haters, politicians will do whatever they can to keep us down. The NBA to Louisville wishers will be coming out of the woodwork in force. Letting Jurich go will be the biggest mistake that comes out of this. Other than the violations. If you think that BOT has our best interest at heart your mistaken. And time will show this. We will be pushed back decades. Hope I’m wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT