ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue Skewed Thinking

They will not take down ULs banner.. Not going to happen. Like most of you have said on here times have changed. UL might get punished but will not lose what they accomplished. It's beyond wishful thinking IMO.

Good luck tomorrow night against UVA. Would be nice for the team to walk away with a W.. Might be your Syracuse game all over again in Freedom Hall.

Last edited:
Matt Jones is just flat out obsessed with our program. I have a strong feeling we will have the last laugh. It's one big cycle of outsiders trying to bring the program down year after year. They didn't pay us no mind when we were terrible under Crums last year's or when we were in the conference USA. Fast forward a decade we've upgraded conferences, upgraded to state of the art arenas/stadiums,TWO BCS bowl wins,THREE mens final fours,A men's TITLE, multiple college world series trips,TWO national runner ups in women's basketball and much more.

Yea I'll try to stop that momentum too if the only thing the program I cheer for is a one trick pony with nothing to offer but men's basketball.

That would be...The Men's Soccer Team playing for the National Championship...NOT Bad for a So Called Commuter School...Vs. a So CALLED State Land Grant School!!!

:cool:

But what are you basing your opinions on? None of us knows for sure what happened. To my knowledge, the NCAA hasn't released an official report, and neither has UofL. We suspect the allegations are bad based on the self-imposed ban, but who knows? The facts and reports may end up proving the UofL admin jumped the gun and over-extended on punishment.

I'm withholding judgement until I see at least one official report. And no, the book doesn't count, at least not for me.

Hey Mike.

You're comparing rules and punishments to a team from nearly 70 years ago. Times have changed, rules have changed, punishments have changed. Using examples from the 1940's to find rational isn't very logic.

Coming from a neutral party thats not biased-- I don't think the NCAA will take the banner down, but it wouldn't surprise me either. The bottom line is, major rules were broken with multiple players and coaches, and this was during the championship season. Honestly, I can see the argument either way.

I don't know where people are getting and saying coaches. To my knowledge no coaches have been charged with anything thus far. Let me restate it again. Andrew McGee WAS NOT a coach while at Louisville. He was Director of Facilies for Bball.

Rick was right in regard to what any potential punishment should be about - MONEY, pure and simple. That's what big time college football and basketball are about. Make it hurt enough financially - for the institution and coaches, if culpable - and stuff won't happen nearly as often. Now that could be in the form of fines, loss of income, even loss of games (providing an indirect financial detriment), etc. But the ""take down the banners" nonsense is a bunch of fanboy talk from old men (mostly) trying to live vicariously through young men, and pointing to wins/championships of these youngsters to boost their own pathetic self-worth and low self-esteem. They can't accept that those aren't "our" titles; and that being able to brag more about how many more championships "we" have does not address the issue with the institutions or coaches.

Basically these UK fans need to go buy more beer and potato chips, pull the t-shirt over their gut, slouch down in their old couch and keep yelling at the TV during games about how stupid the coach is for not listening to basketball geniuses like them (after all, they did make the all-tournament team once in the pee-wee league).
The NCAA will never just take money as punishment for these issues. Can you imagine that if a school gets caught paying players and all they have to do is pay a fine and they can keep their Coach and Banners? Making 1 good run in the Tourney can make a whole lot of money for a school. It would be worth the risk if getting caught only entails paying back money you already made from cheating, it would be a no lose situation.

A crap schedule simply looks a little crappier.

"Elite program", my a$$...
Why do you think he schedules all those scrubs, does he think it will build confidence for the players going into the ACC? It could be in case there is a let down in the conference, there would still be 20 wins for the tourney resume?

Why do you think he schedules all those scrubs, does he think it will build confidence for the players going into the ACC? It could be in case there is a let down in the conference, there would still be 20 wins for the tourney resume?
I wasn't talking about U of L who played four games against the RPI Top Ten, going 2-2.

LPT played one and went 0-1.

Reactions: blubo
I don't know where people are getting and saying coaches. To my knowledge no coaches have been charged with anything thus far. Let me restate it again. Andrew McGee WAS NOT a coach while at Louisville. He was Director of Facilies for Bball.
If you're with the team daily (and nightly), helping them succeed, you're a coach. Thats like saying Richard Petty's tire guy wasn't part of the pit crew.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Director of Basketball Operations...not "facilities." Big difference.

Reactions: bloodguard13
I wasn't talking about U of L who played four games against the RPI Top Ten, going 2-2.

LPT played one and went 0-1.

I guess at the end of the day, it doesn't matter your record against computer rankings or any other calculations. All you have to do is get in the tourney and let the chips fall where they may, just ask UCONN.

I guess at the end of the day, it doesn't matter your record against computer rankings or any other calculations. All you have to do is get in the tourney and let the chips fall where they may, just ask UCONN.
Let's recall the context here. (LPT fans often struggle with this...)

Schedule strength is under discussion because of my remark--and an LPT fan or two agreeing--that as penalty, U of L oughta be forced to drop LPT from their schedules in all sports. That will obviously affect the strength of the LPT basketball schedule far more than it will affect U of L. The one confused slapd!ck thought I was talking down U of L's schedule.

If you value those games on the schedule, that's a big penalty, and justice with the NCAA is served and will have a lasting effect. If OTOH you don't value those games (like me), then it's no big deal. From either POV, it sounds like the right thing to do.

Reactions: CatPhight and blubo
And maybe, just maybe yut football could back their way into a bowl once a decade. Then again, probably not.

All of that yut "dominance" hasn't stopped Louisville from being a top program and winning as many titles as World wide Wes academy - now has it? Scheduling the yuts should stop across the board simply because UofL doesn't need them - the trajectory of its athletic department surpassed yut athletics a while ago.

Added bonus? Perhaps this board would become a slapd!ck free zone as each one of you yut losers could crawl back your rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
And maybe, just maybe yut football could back their way into a bowl once a decade. Then again, probably not.

All of that yut "dominance" hasn't stopped Louisville from being a top program and winning as many titles as World wide Wes academy - now has it? Scheduling the yuts should stop across the board simply because UofL doesn't need them - the trajectory of its athletic department surpassed yut athletics a while ago.

Added bonus? Perhaps this board would become a slapd!ck free zone as each one of you yut losers could crawl back your rocks.

Wow, good morning to you too, BP. I guess you're not a morning person. Grab a coffee before posting, you might not be quite as pissy :)

Wow, good morning to you too, BP. I guess you're not a morning person. Grab a coffee before posting, you might not be quite as pissy :)
Had my coffee and I stand by my post. Nothing like looking at a Louisville board to find a thread populated by yuts (albeit some significantly "yuttier" than others) talking about yut dominance over UofL. You may not have liked or appreciated my tone however I don't know that my points could be the subject of any honest debate.

Reactions: blubo
UK plays no one in conference worth a crap. They have to be like other midmajors and schedule good out of conference teams to have any kind of resume come tourny time.

Can you imagine that if a school gets caught paying players and all they have to do is pay a fine and they can keep their Coach and Banners? Making 1 good run in the Tourney can make a whole lot of money for a school. It would be worth the risk if getting caught only entails paying back money you already made from cheating, it would be a no lose situation.

I think you can make an argument that the scenario you outline is exactly what happens at most schools anyway. There probably aren't any feasible penalties that will do anything more than slow down the cheating or move it further into the underbelly.

Don't know how to link it. But title is "Check out this doozy from the OTIS scout forum." He's a passive-aggressive little turd. Knew it from the get go. No idea why he hangs out here

You keep using that term, passive aggressive. I don't think it means what you think it means. (To paraphrase The Princess Bride)

OTIS stands for "other team in state" ... A opposed to using either the real name or a childish nickname.

And, to top it off, the reference was to the Scout board, not this one on Rivals. As a matter of fact, he supported this board later in the thread.

You keep using that term, passive aggressive. I don't think it means what you think it means. (To paraphrase The Princess Bride)

OTIS stands for "other team in state" ... A opposed to using either the real name or a childish nickname.

And, to top it off, the reference was to the Scout board, not this one on Rivals. As a matter of fact, he supported this board later in the thread.

Oh no I know exactly what passive-aggressive means. And you rubes that hang out here wrote the book on it. Why are you here anyway actually?

Oh and give me a flipping break that OTIS isn't a childish nickname. Seriously go away.

The NCAA will never just take money as punishment for these issues. Can you imagine that if a school gets caught paying players and all they have to do is pay a fine and they can keep their Coach and Banners? Making 1 good run in the Tourney can make a whole lot of money for a school. It would be worth the risk if getting caught only entails paying back money you already made from cheating, it would be a no lose situation.

How much money does it cost the institution or coaches to take down a banner?

Reactions: CatPhight and blubo
Oh no I know exactly what passive-aggressive means. And you rubes that hang out here wrote the book on it. Why are you here anyway actually?

Oh and give me a flipping break that OTIS isn't a childish nickname. Seriously go away.

Really? OTIS is an acronym, nothing more, nothing less. This is my home board, get over yourself.

LOL! What in the world is a "home board"?

That should be quite obvious. You asked why I'm even here, it's because this is my "home board" as in, I live in Louisville, I grew up in Louisville, this is the only sports board of which I am active, both for reading and posting. I may browse other sites occasionally, but this is the only place I post

I'm not a big fan of Matt jones but in no way is he obsessed with UofL. He's media, he's marketing what gets ratings and hits. Right now the scandal is that! I personally don't think he should report on it but to say he is obsessed is outlandish.

Reactions: awf
I'm not a big fan of Matt jones but in no way is he obsessed with UofL. He's media, he's marketing what gets ratings and hits. Right now the scandal is that! I personally don't think he should report on it but to say he is obsessed is outlandish.
Shows how ignorant you are...not a surprise to us here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT