ADVERTISEMENT

BC

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If EKjr keeps hitting the ball sort of hard to sit him down. An opposite field homerun from him was very nice.

And then….falling back into their pattern. Score runs right away, have a nice lead and momentum and then……beeeeeeeeeeppppp…….flatline at the plate.

Playing McCoy is how you lose players to the portal. He must have something on McDonnell because all he does is strike out and drop pop ups.

Reactions: rh62531
Glad to see us get out of that inning. It had the feel of here we go again..

Can’t really argue with that. He has power; but, he is pretty inconsistent. Not sure how he is hitting over .300. Still cannot hit a breaking pitch.

Once again the staff just makes questionable decisions. Gongora had already shown signs of fatigue. Why wouldn’t you have someone ready to go starting in the 7th inning? Just dumb. No, let’s wait until BC scores 3 runs and have two more runners on-base with zero outs.

Before the inning is over, and we learn how it turns out, I was fine with giving Gongora a chance to work out of it. Low pitch count to that point and had only given up two hits (I think) coming into the inning.

Young Mr Detmers wasn’t throwing strikes very consistently, but he battled his way to 2 outs and a walk in his three batters. Would be huge to get him contributing here down the stretch.

I did not mind bring Gongora out to start the inning. But, you have to be ready. You could see he was done and then…they still left him in there. I think this is just poor personnel management. Terrible decisions one after another. I know BC had a lefty coming up to hit. Bring Biven in. Lessman is average when he is at his best.

And there it is.. The here we go again inning..

I've tried to just give up on this team but keep getting pulled back in. I don't know why, I could write the script for every game before it's ever played.. same thing different day.

Thank goodness they are throwing hanging breaking balls too! Nice leadoff double by Alicea.

Promising outings tonight from Forbes and Detmers. Need more of that down the stretch if we want to get into the NCAA tourney as an at large team.

Cards’ magic number to clinch a bid to the ACC tourney is now 4.

Good start getting the game 1 win and not having to use Biven. We could still use him for short stints in games 2 and 3 if needed, and Forbes might even be able to go again Saturday.

Reactions: Deeva
I like their young arms but again they have to learn to locate their pitches. Forbes has a legit arm but he is just throwing not pitching. When he can consistently paint the corners like he did tonight he will be very good.

That is part of the process. Forbes and Bevin both have the potential to be Friday and Saturday starters. The Stark kid from Saint X will end up throwing in the low 90’s with a funky arm angle. You figure Detmers will figure it out.

I think this year was a bridge year just got burned with veterans being absolutely terrible.

Reactions: PushupMan
The sooner Heird starts a coaching search from among the top ACC and SEC teams the better imo. McDonnell is washed up here.

The sooner Heird starts a coaching search from among the top ACC and SEC teams the better imo. McDonnell is washed up here.
That's rubbish and i think you know it. I typically abstain from feeding the trolls but made an exception in this case.

That's rubbish and i think you know it. I typically abstain from feeding the trolls but made an exception in this case.
No I’m serious. Dan has had his run imo and it’s time to start thinking about competing for the ACC again. We are so far behind witnessed by how easy the top ACC teams erase leads. The numerous times we have multiple runners on with no out or 1 out and can’t score for lack of power hitting. Go find somebody that’s dialed in on college baseball today and turn this ship around.

Do we not have anyone who could play first base that would give us something with the bat?

Well, that’s one way to lower the team ERA! Definitely did not expect that. Magic number to clinch ACCT is now 1.

I like so many UL BB fans have been critical of much of what we have seen for several seasons now. I have witnessed some of the worst aspects of execution at times in just about every category; as recent as the Sunday loss to Clemson I vowed to quit watching “the Cardinal 9”.

Something encouraging has started to happen that admittedly could easily reverse back to disappointment; as some of the injured kids appear to be healing, and a few of our pitchers are showing some improvement.

Sweeping a challenged BC team today would be most welcome, but will not serve as evidence of “a completed turnaround”, but it could provide this roster and the fans with some reason to believe they can salvage the season.

Many of us have the pleasure of knowing CDM personally, and I for one take exception to anyone thinking that Dan has lost the ability to lead this UL BB Program. I do not believe the recent decline in performance is about Dan’s coaching, as much as failing to obtain the benefit from the Portal at a time that other schools have used so effectively.

Reactions: shutterbug
I would be surprised if UofL has the NIL funds for baseball like some other places. As others have mentioned, if football continues to improve and basketball can return from the ashes more funds become available. Also, he has brought in some transfers but dipping into the DIII, DII and Juco ranks (as a rule) is probably not the way to go.

If they lose this game it is 100% on the coaching staff. No way should they have left Hartmann in that long. So f*ckin stupid.

Louisville finally woke up offensively so now look for us to fall apart pitching. Campbell should have never been taken out but McDonnell has to interject himself into the game. Also, why bring in a lefty against a team with mostly right handed hitters?

What they need as a win at Vandy, 2 wins at UNC and a win against IU.
Check,check and checkmate. That scenario likely lands the Cards firmly into the conversation about being in the field of 64,but at least in the conversation.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT