ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball notes...

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Anyone watch other college baseball games when Louisville is not playing? I've been watching more than usual this year, and I have to say, college baseball is a lot of fun. It's unpredictable, the players play with passion, and weird things happen. I recently learned each team has to hand over their bats to the other team for inspection. The other team then puts their team sticker on the approved bats. For instance, UT and Vandy were playing this past weekend. A UT player hit a homer, ran the bases, but was then called out. The Vandy catcher noticed the UT player's bat didn't have a Vandy sticker on it. UT, btw, is really good. They swept Vandy at Vandy. And speaking of sweeps, Notre Dame just swept #5 FSU in Tallahassee. Lastly, college pitchers typically do not throw at batters. It's probably one of the foremost unwritten rules of college baseball. That wasn't the case with Houston and Sam Houston the other day. A Houston batter drilled a homer, admired his shot, then flipped his bat. After tripping over first, it looks like words were exchanged. Sam Houston pitcher then threw at the head of the next batter. Tempers flared.

On to UNC. Should be a tough series.

Looks like I'm gonna need to follow a few more college games. You think these two programs have a little bit of history between them? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT