ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn - check. Miss State - check. Next up? Vandy.

What a game last night. Great come from behind win to take out another SEC baseball team. Tonight it's the best of the SEC IMO. It's gonna be tough so lets see what happens. It's been a great ride!

Go CARDS!!!

Vandy isn't just the best of SEC. They're the best team period. Vandy has dropped two consecutive losses twice this season. It's going to be extremely difficult, but it can be done.

My hope is we can jump out on them early and often. Revenge baby! If we win tonight, I might have to crawl into a hole for another game tomorrow. :eek:

I thought the NCAA/Ameritrade put a nix on the Vandy Whistler but apparently not. He’s still allowed to whistle when Vandy makes great plays and plans to continue without going so far as to be removed from the game. If I am sitting close to him and I hear him, I would complain.

If we can scratch out a win tonight..... then the pressure tomorrow falls on vandy. We should be free wheeling, with little pressure. Vandy should feel the weight of being the best team that everyone expects to win. Of course, they may just respond to the pressure like the great team they are..... but, who knows?

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
I thought the NCAA/Ameritrade put a nix on the Vandy Whistler but apparently not. He’s still allowed to whistle when Vandy makes great plays and plans to continue without going so far as to be removed from the game. If I am sitting close to him and I hear him, I would complain.
I literally had to hit the mute button whenever Vandy was batting during their Super Regional vs Duke. I can’t imagine having to actually sit next to that A-hole at a game.

Getting ripped off already in the 1st inning against Vandy... Fitzgerald checked his swing, shouldn't have been called out.

Last edited:
And now in the 3rd inning, they could have called a Vandy player out on a similar, or worse, checked swing, and it ends up costing a run. At least be consistent.

Reactions: earsky and BPGhost
Vandy is just fundamentally sound. That was a great read by the base runner to see that Dunn was going to get that ball flat footed. They’re efficient and make it look easy sometimes. Luke is pitching really well!

Some really poor swings this far at 88 down the shitter. They gotta start finding the barrel.

Not sure why either of these guys would throw anything except 10” off the outside corner. Unless you have a broomstick in your hand - it’s unhittable.

One too many I believe. Hell,Smith looked to the bench between pitches like he was expecting the hook.

Smith pitched great then tainted it by running his mouth. Vandy has one of if not THE best baseball team in college and you're talking ish to em? Not smart. He'll learn from it, Hopefully.
Yeah,I really don't understand what he was thinking.

Yeah,I really don't understand what he was thinking.
He’s emotional. He needs to be able to harness that and keep his focus. Before I judge him though, I don’t know what their dugout was saying either. There is a lot of ish that goes on between dugouts that you wouldn’t believe. But yeah, he needs to keep his composure until after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT