ADVERTISEMENT

Atleast there is some good news

T-Bone74

Four-Star Poster
Aug 5, 2001
Rick can fly back up to Chicago again and be in time to watch Richard play tonight just like last night!

Originally posted by Knucklehank1:
Get a grip. Put the bourbon down.
haha relax dude! but i am right…plenty of time for him to get back up to Chi Town

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Are you saying Coach was 100% focused...........
Nope I'm just saying the silver lining is he gets to watch his 2nd Minnesota game in as many days.

Didn't know that. You can do those things as long as you win, but don't do it and lose! Then you've left yourself open to criticism.

Didn't know that. You can do those things as long as you win, but don't do it and lose! Then you've left yourself open to criticism.

When people begin to question CRPs focus and commitment to preparation......then I really will have heard it all.

I know Pitino is focused and wants to win but if one of his players was out all night instead of preparing for a big game and we lost, wouldn't he throw them under the bus? What happened to leading by example? No I don't want another coach and no Im not saying he has lost his fire but I don't see why this topic cant be brought up. Some might see it as being a little sidetracked and I can understand that

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:

I know Pitino is focused and wants to win but if one of his players was out all night instead of preparing for a big game and we lost, wouldn't he throw them under the bus? What happened to leading by example? No I don't want another coach and no Im not saying he has lost his fire but I don't see why this topic cant be brought up. Some might see it as being a little sidetracked and I can understand that
I can understand it too. I'm all about family so I get it yet I am still having a hard time understanding the jet setting from the East coast to Chicago and not staying with his team. IMO he should have been with his team last night instead of in Chicago to support his Son.

His Mother's support should have been enough considering the circumstances. Rick should have been focused on his team and only his team.

JMO.

This post was edited on 3/12 7:07 PM by Cue Card

It is common place for HC of big programs to spend very little travel time with the team in many cases. Denny wouldn't be seen until tip-off at the a Great American Shootout because of the great trout fishing.

How about this question... If Pitino had instead been on an eight-hour recruiting trip by plane, would that have been OK??

Or this question: In a perfect world would you prefer to have RP in town with the team the night before an afternoon tourney game, or 700 miles away...regardless of the reason?

It's not like, a surprise he was at his son's game.

It could be a problem if he had no history of doing this, but it seems to be a standard, so it's not like the players were in their rooms wondering where he was. The guys are not 10 years old, I don't think they need to be tucked in before the big game.

I'm not saying the topic is off limits, I'm just producing a counterpoint.

Maybe we want him studying film, or doing something that involves making our program better at this time of the season when our season isn't completed.

I don't know, tricky call here.

Originally posted by The Red Ass:

Or this question: In a perfect world would you prefer to have RP in town with the team the night before an afternoon tourney game, or 700 miles away...regardless of the reason?Tell me exactly why I need him "in town", then I can answer your question.

Now, you can answer mine...

Originally posted by zipp:
Originally posted by The Red Ass:

Or this question: In a perfect world would you prefer to have RP in town with the team the night before an afternoon tourney game, or 700 miles away...regardless of the reason?Tell me exactly why I need him "in town", then I can answer your question.

Now, you can answer mine...
Camaraderie isn't a bad thing.

Team meals, maybe some individual motivation and/or confidence building to those that need it on the night prior to the ball game would be nice.

Maybe he does those things prior to boarding the plane though.

Spending time with the guys on the eve of a big game can't be viewed as a bad thing.

It is a bit of a legit question.

Perhaps he had a discussion with the team though, and they wanted him to go.

You never know.

I think what we have learned is Rick Pitino does what he wants. This isn't some new kind of deal here gang.

He's 12-2 in the last three years with a title, FF, and SS. So maybe we shouldn't give a crap until these #'s back up.

I really don't think its a big deal he was in Chicago the night before. Im sure the players could care even less. Assistant coaches take care of all the prep stuff the night before anyway. But for a coach that doesn't hesitate to publicly throw a player under the bus by saying hes "not a Louisville guy" or "he doesn't put the team first" is gonna get some people asking this question in this situation.

It would be different if the team just had a bad game, but the lack of execution on offense game after game mixed with questions brought up all season about team unity and player conduct issues kind of makes this look worse than it is heading into the NCAAT

I guess if I knew what Pitino's regimen was 24 hours before a game, I'd have a better perspective. If no one related to the team sees anything of him except at a practice, there may not have been anything different in this situation. If he normally does bed checks, it may have been a really big deal.

Maybe someone who thinks it's a really big deal has more info to share supporting their position...

It never ends with the Pitino haters. They never have anything good to say about him. They dont like him. They never will. It's seems personal for whatever reason. They crawl back in their hole when we win (never give the coach credit) and wait to pounce on him when we lose with ridiculous stuff like this. His son is more important to him than his job? Good. That should be celebrated, but not this crowd. They lack perspecrive.

Originally posted by ACCCard:
It never ends with the Pitino haters. They never have anything good to say about him. They dont like him. They never will. It's seems personal for whatever reason. They crawl back in their hole when we win (never give the coach credit) and wait to pounce on him when we lose with ridiculous stuff like this. His son is more important to him than his job? Good. That should be celebrated, but not this crowd. They lack perspecrive.
Dude chill. I'm not hating on the man. I don't hate him. Hell I don't even know him so how can I hate him? You act as if you want to have his children for crying out loud with how quickly you're willing to fall on a sword for him no matter what. Maybe you do want to have his children, or maybe you have already. He isn't 100% off limits when it comes to simply asking a damn question. Get over yourself already.

I still think it's a valid question. Why wasn't HE with his team instead of watching his son coach a game in Chicago the night before his own team takes the court against a team he's only beat 1 time in his coaching career? Would it have made a difference? IDK, but I DO know what happened because I watched it. We're sitting at home waiting for the Selection Sunday screw job that's coming. We'll get saddled with a 6 or maybe even a 7 seed since we couldn't beat a 10 loss UNC team with dead legs in spite of getting a double bye. Say bye-bye to the 4 seed for sure. Hope for a 5 seed.

I've already stated I understand it's all about family, and I really get that but he also has his basketball family to think of which made him a freaking millionaire. One would think that would be important to him too since he's enjoyed the fruits of his labor.

Some of you attack Pitino for the most ridiculous things and this is one of them. If I disagree and want to defend him, I am painted as some type of relative or homosexual even in this personal jab. I think criticizing and questioning any coach or anybody for choosing to support his son is a prime example of frustration that is out of perspective. You obviously can't defend your opinion without resorting to personal attacks. Agree or disagree and state why. No need to take shots at me personally, unless of course you have a weak argument and can't defend it on its own merit.

Some of you attack Pitino for the most ridiculous things and this is one of them. If I disagree and want to defend him, I am painted as some type of relative or homosexual even in this personal jab. I think criticizing and questioning any coach or anybody for choosing to support his son is a prime example of frustration that is out of perspective. You obviously can't defend your opinion without resorting to personal attacks. Agree or disagree and state why. No need to take shots at me personally, unless of course you have a weak argument and can't defend it on its own merit.
You started the attack. I was just agreeing with the OP about the validity of his question. It wasn't any type of personal attack at all. It was just a question which you took personal and attacked first, like you always do when it has any type of impact on how you feel about Pitino. If it's a gay thing for you or if you're female and have a crush on him then fine. I don't really care, but at least respect the rights of others to question your crush when others ask those questions. It's not a big deal and you need thicker skin if you're going to openly salivate over the man.

"In a perfect world "

The premise of your post doesn't allow for the fallacy of the statement.

Traveling hundreds or thousands of miles in a timely manor to you and me could be problematic. To someone w access to private jets it's nothing. He was probably back w the team before they awoke.

If that is why we lost, we are in worse shape than I thought.

I like him…I just get sick of his drama. I though he actually coached a good game yesterday we just couldn't hit WIDE OPEN shots in the 2nd half. We need better shooters and that's on him. But as far as coaching the talent he has he's done a nice job this year.

I didn't see him at the Minnesota game last night he must have come back with the team
wink.r191677.gif

"You started the attack. .... It's not a big deal and you need thicker skin..."

Pot calling kettle...

WTF is all that baby / gay crap about? Good grief.

Go Cards!

I didn't start any personal attack. My comments are general and not about man love and having babies with a man and "getting over yourself" and crushes on men. Argue your point if you can, but if you have to resort to personal stuff, that tells me you can't come up with much else. My comments are about your comments, not YOU. Personal stuff is a deflection needed when you can't make your point or get frustrated. The comments look bad because they claim a man should value a basketball team and winning over family. So keep trying to push it back on me. Nobody is openy supporting you and trust me, many want to jump on me when they see daylight, but it isn't really available here. I totally get that Pitino is annoying and says dumb things and does things that make you go #$%^&*()_??? Some complaints against him are valid, accurate and deserve play. This one seems like frustration.

I didn't start any personal attack. My comments are general and not about man love and having babies with a man and "getting over yourself" and crushes on men. Argue your point if you can, but if you have to resort to personal stuff, that tells me you can't come up with much else. My comments are about your comments, not YOU. Personal stuff is a deflection needed when you can't make your point or get frustrated. The comments look bad because they claim a man should value a basketball team and winning over family. So keep trying to push it back on me. Nobody is openy supporting you and trust me, many want to jump on me when they see daylight, but it isn't really available here. I totally get that Pitino is annoying and says dumb things and does things that make you go #$%^&*()_??? Some complaints against him are valid, accurate and deserve play. This one seems like frustration.
I admit I get frustrated with your constant defense of Pitino, especially when it's not warranted. If someone is attacking him on a personal level, I'll join you in defending him. You take it to a whole new level though. Nobody can say anything about the man in what you might consider a negative manner without you lumping everyone together as hating on him. It does get frustrating, and that's why I reacted the way I did regarding your homosexual tendencies you portray towards the man. I apologize for that. That was wrong on my part because honestly your deep inner feelings for Pitino don't matter to me. I seriously do not care about that at all. I just want the right to speak my mind like you speak yours without being lumped into a group you've already tagged as haters. I don't hate the man. I've never hated the man. I was just asking a question. Nothing more.

I give ground on him all the time, but nobody pays attention to it. I get why people get frustarted with him. He is a mad scientist type and does odd things. My defense is only there because of what seems like people that think they know how to coach better than he does. Its comical. Think about it. Trying to suggest he play this player over that one and how many minutes and which defense and how his offense should be played. And my guess would be from people that haven't coached even bitty basketball. It gets old. Love the opinions, but some are in reality suggesting they know better/more based on a few minutes in a few games. He gets things wrong sometimes, but right more often, You have been fair to him overall. I recognize your posts have been reasonable. This one maybe not, b expectation. I get why people are frustrated even if it is a bit much at times. We should have won a few more games than we did based on preseason. Hang in there. Sorry if I offended you in any way in stating my opinion. I respect yours and appreciate it no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT