ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Coaching Search Gets Stranger

His buyout is $0 if he leaves. If uk fires him he gets the full buyout.

I have zero faith in that report but that would surely be something. if it does happen, would be super interesting to see who UK could get. Fans clamoring for Hurley, which is absolutely hilarious. Oats? Drew? Beard?

They don’t have to pay his buyout. So they got money to go after whoever

They don’t have to pay his buyout. So they got money to go after whoever
It’s Calamari’s choice to leave so of course SuCk wouldn’t be required to pay, but according to what others have posted Arkansas won’t have to pay a penny to get him.

It’s Calamari’s choice to leave so of course SuCk wouldn’t be required to pay, but according to what others have posted Arkansas won’t have to pay a penny to get him.
I don’t think Kensucky cares about that though. They’re off the hook and haven’t had to pay out any buyouts for coaches and have their $EC money coming.

One of the least likable UK sources, at least from the perspective of UL fans is Matt Jones. Despite that fact, he remains a reliable source as to what is going on deep inside UK’s Administration, particularly to the business and marketing side of their Sports Programs.

Anyone who has been listening to Jones Radio Show since the loss to Oakland would not be surprised to hear Jones describing an internal power struggle that actually has less to do with what is happening on the playing fields and courts, as it does with who is in control.

The point here is that UK finds itself vulnerable right now, as there are factions within and outside the University that cannot agree on direction ……. Calipari is not the only one who is unhappy at UK, expect to see more volatility.

One of the least likable UK sources, at least from the perspective of UL fans is Matt Jones. Despite that fact, he remains a reliable source as to what is going on deep inside UK’s Administration, particularly to the business and marketing side of their Sports Programs.

Anyone who has been listening to Jones Radio Show since the loss to Oakland would not be surprised to hear Jones describing an internal power struggle that actually has less to do with what is happening on the playing fields and courts, as it does with who is in control.

The point here is that UK finds itself vulnerable right now, as there are factions within and outside the University that cannot agree on direction ……. Calipari is not the only one who is unhappy at UK, expect to see more volatility.
Interesting that Stoops almost left and then Cal actually did in such a short time period.

My guess is Barnhart will want Scott Drew. The booster or people that matter will want Donovan, Wright Oats, or Hurley. Those are all great on the surface but good chance none will come.

I think Drew will get overwhelmed. He isn’t a huge personality.

Donovan would be perfect in many ways.

We shall see.

This process will be very interesting, as it may very well expose the internal and external power fight for control of their program. Arkansas just showed UK how much Booster money matters, and BBN is starting to discover how spending their family vacation money in an effort to fill up SEC Tournament arenas is meaningless, at least in comparison to how other SEC Alumni & Booster resources are investing in NIL funds.

It has to be a big personality. It has to be someone that embraces the madness. I am shocked Cal made it over 10 years.

Yep him or Hurley. If Hurley wins tonight does he leave and pass on the rare opportunity to win back to back to back titles. Not sure he would leave with that kind of opportunity.

Hurley would be dumb to leave UConn, especially if he wins back to back tonight. I know money talks but UConn is pretty much the top college program of the last 25 years.

Plus I don't think his bristly personality would handle BBN craziness well.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Hurley would be dumb to leave UConn, especially if he wins back to back tonight. I know money talks but UConn is pretty much the top college program of the last 25 years.

Plus I don't think his bristly personality would handle BBN craziness well.
Agree and I don’t think he would go. He’s responsible for a budding dynasty in an era that makes that a tough thing to do. Not to mention he’s a God there.

Reactions: shadow force
Who knows.... last two hires they reached. Billy G from small time TX schools and that blew up so they held their nose and took the mid-major guy with a lot of issues.

Whoever takes the job will have no players left (sound familiar!) and a salty fanbase (sound familiar!) so yes it will be interesting to see if a big name takes the shot at it.

Payne is still available. Show a sense of humor Mitch get it done!

Cal wanted out. But he waited until UofL, Mich, USC, UW, Ark all made their hires so nobody is really left on the table for UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT