ADVERTISEMENT

Are you nosy noobs happy to find out what Chris did

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
You're way off target. I'm saying that's the way it is. Not the way I want it. I'd be the first in line to sign off on protecting our rights to privacy and full protection of all rights in our constitution. It's never been worse.
No. It's not the way it is. They have to prove he sent that text. Then they have to prove the context with which it was sent. Does the jury really think he was going to miss the game to smack some hoe? Is he stalking her? Is there violent history? or is he just pissed she trashed his room?...etc . Under normal circumstances how does the responding officer even know who's phone number that really is? I doubt his number is listed. There are still things such as warrants.

Where's the motive here anyways. None of it makes sense. He worked hard and waited his whole life to lead his team into the ACC tourny and he thinks he can rape 2 chicks and get away with it?
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Until proven otherwise I believe CJ.

Originally posted by OmegaCard:
Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
You're way off target. I'm saying that's the way it is. Not the way I want it. I'd be the first in line to sign off on protecting our rights to privacy and full protection of all rights in our constitution. It's never been worse.
No. It's not the way it is. They have to prove he sent that text. Then they have to prove the context with which it was sent. Does the jury really think he was going to miss the game to smack some hoe? Is he stalking her? Is there violent history? or is he just pissed she trashed his room?...etc . Under normal circumstances how does the responding officer even know who's phone number that really is? I doubt his number is listed. There are still things such as warrants.

Where's the motive here anyways. None of it makes sense. He worked hard and waited his whole life to lead his team into the ACC tourny and he thinks he can rape 2 chicks and get away with it?
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Until proven otherwise I believe CJ.
Yes, that is the way it is.

The question was "Can you even call the police over a text you received?"

The answer is, yes you can.

You can call the police or you can file a complaint with the sheriff's office. They, the county attorney's office, can review and issue a court summons or even an arrest. Then, it is their call. It happens all the time and even moreso now with the cyber-bullying laws.

And just so you know, I actually agree Jones should get due process and not be found guilty without FIRST a proper investigation into the claims made.

This post was edited on 2/27 1:45 PM by KeepingItReal74

My point is the police officer can't do anything. You can call them. But unless they're both there...or signs of violence has taken place. NADA. And what prosecutor takes a case like this?

This post was edited on 2/27 1:59 PM by OmegaCard

Texts absolutely can be used to prove threats and you are responsible for your phone in the same way you are for your car or other personal poroperty. Text records are being used in all sorts of criminal proceedings.

And don't be too quick to rush in judgement here. Chris is much more likely to be found innocent than guilty. Word on campus is leaning toward his innocence.

My opinion only...artistic expression being used for fun ... first amendment...because the system is so sad we have to say this now.

This post was edited on 3/4 5:01 PM by OmegaCard

Possible Nike response

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT