ADVERTISEMENT

Anton Gill

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Great to see Gill bury some shots in the first half. Has to help his confidence out on the floor. Eight first half points including a couple of 3's and jumpers.

We all thought we'd get this out of him maybe every other game, or one out of three games. He's only had a couple good games all year it's a mystery.

He just needs to stick with it I sense the guys have confidence in him. Maybe there is time for the light to go on.

Both of his threes were in rhythm without time to think about the shot. He definitely could be a beneficiary of the better passing from the first half.

What a pleasant and warm welcome for Gill. I thought his confidence was really low coming into this game. I believe he is getting into a groove without "thinking" too much while on the floor.

Im a Gill fan and to see him have a solid game was awesome but I concentrated on his defense and what I saw was not good. Its like the other 4 have to cover for him and constantly talk to him. But defense don't mean squat if we cant outscore the other team so hopefully we see more of him cause he can shoot as well as anyone on the team

The key for him will be to build on this, and find other ways to help the team and stay on the court if his shot doesn't fall.

Or, just keep making all his shots. :)

He was 5-5

he'll need to keep up the EFFORT, the last two games.

Love to see him hit 3s against VA

Where do you start? What game from Gill. Wow! It was nice to see Gill play with confidence and knock down some shots today. I agree that he needs to build on this going forward.

Nice game Anton. Keep it Up!!!

Originally posted by shadow force:
Great to see Gill bury some shots in the first half. Has to help his confidence out on the floor. Eight first half points including a couple of 3's and jumpers.
Offensively he played great. His lateral foot movement on defense was poor though, and that's why he ended up fouling out. He hit every shot he took and he took ALL of them within the flow of the offense.

I can't say for sure because it's just 1 game but the kids sure looked to rally around each other and play more as a team than any other time all year.

IF they can play this way the remainder of the season, they'll be a tough out no matter who they play.

This was a good practice game for him to hone his skills and confidence. Anton will make his presence felt in both tournaments.

Would be nice if Anton could start contributing what Kevin Ware did for the 2013 team.

I must admit that I haven't been a Gill fan at all, but was delighted to see him step up. I really think this kid has talent for when he went Hargrave for one season with Rozier he was filling it up in the scorers column. What has happen to his scoring mentality since then who knows, but if he can give us that off the bench and what ever else with rebounds assist etc I will take it. Again haven't been a strong supporter for this kid other than seeing him yransfer out, but if the light has happen to finally come on for him then so be it.

Originally posted by J-Rye_UL:
Would be nice if Anton could start contributing what Kevin Ware did for the 2013 team.
In scoring I think Gill could contribute in a similar way, but in defense I don't think so. Ware had turned into a great defender before his injury.

Originally posted by BigOwensboroCard:
I must admit that I haven't been a Gill fan at all, but was delighted to see him step up. I really think this kid has talent for when he went Hargrave for one season with Rozier he was filling it up in the scorers column. What has happen to his scoring mentality since then who knows, but if he can give us that off the bench and what ever else with rebounds assist etc I will take it. Again haven't been a strong supporter for this kid other than seeing him yransfer out, but if the light has happen to finally come on for him then so be it.
I'm not sure what Gill's issues have been. He lit up all 3 of the red/white scrimmages earlier this year. I expected him to be our 5th leading scorer in a 6th man role. He still needs to learn the game. He could be valuable as a junior or senior, but I expect Q and Donovan Mitchell to be our starting backcourt next year.

Most of us knew he could shoot, but it appeared he didn't. Much like Q, he just has to let the game come to him.

Anton did lead the team in scoring one game, the 7th game against FIU.

He scored 15 pts in 18 minutes. 3-5 30on three pointers.

If he could give 10 points , and solid defense, the Cards could move up to a 3 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT