ADVERTISEMENT

Angel opens new court at Shively Park

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
On Friday, June 17 at Shively Park, there as a grand-opening of a basketball court renovation because of Angel McCoughtry

“I asked Adidas if I could have their help completing one and they agreed. Next step was picking the city. I’m from Baltimore, live in Atlanta, but Louisville was first on my list.”

Last summer, Donovan Mitchell had courts renovated at The Children’s Village Community Center in New York, where his late grandmother worked. Carmelo Anthony started a foundation to build at least one basketball court in Puerto Rico each year (he is half Puerto Rican). Shaquille O’Neal has a refurbishment effort for existing courts called “Comebaq Court” and their first court was done last year in Las Vegas, and they just finished their second in Newark, NJ, Shaq’s hometown.

Jeff Walz on Angel:

"It's just leaving another lasting impression of what Angel McCoughtry really is as a person," Walz said. "It's not just the basketball player. She's way, way beyond that. And I'm honored to call her a friend."

Some of Walz's current players made the trip to Shively as well to show support for the former Cardinal.

"It just shows the family that we are," said Louisville guard Mykasa Robinson. "Even if we didn't play with Angel, we all respect each other and we all love each other. It's a family here."

--sonja--

Reactions: Guardman
I think it is great that Angel is giving back to the community it will only make her endearing to Louisville. I hope she has as much financial success as some of our other former players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT