ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament bracket

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
C6H7CwEWQAAj3YV.jpg

Does anyone know how the tie-breaker works? We split with ND. Why did they get number 3 instead of us?
Or is it because they are Norte Dame and its in their contract that they win all ties?

Does anyone know how the tie-breaker works? We split with ND. Why did they get number 3 instead of us?
Or is it because they are Norte Dame and its in their contract that they win all ties?
It was a three way tie for 2nd between FSU, Notre Dame, and Louisville. So it is best winning percentage from among those three teams. FSU finished 2-1 (hence #2 seed), Notre Dame finished 2-2 (#3 seed) and Louisville finished 1-2 (#4 seed).

Reactions: nccardfan
More than likely if we want to get to the championship game of the ACC we have to beat Duke first and then North Carolina. Tough road but at least we are not playing somewhere in North Carolina. Like I have said many times before playing in the ACC is tougher than playing in the NCAA Tournament.

The best thing about this bracket is if we were to win the ACCT, we could be in the talks for the 1 seed again because we'd have to get through probably Duke, probably North Carolina, and possibly (FSU, UVA, ND) all top seeds in the NCAAT.

Reactions: American Male
Already have the DVR set up to record the game on the 9th since I will be at work. I am expecting the Cards to play Duke, and I'll be disappointed if Duke loses their opening round game.

It was a three way tie for 2nd between FSU, Notre Dame, and Louisville. So it is best winning percentage from among those three teams. FSU finished 2-1 (hence #2 seed), Notre Dame finished 2-2 (#3 seed) and Louisville finished 1-2 (#4 seed).
Thanks for the information.

I was wondering how that worked.

The best thing about this bracket is if we were to win the ACCT, we could be in the talks for the 1 seed again because we'd have to get through probably Duke, probably North Carolina, and possibly (FSU, UVA, ND) all top seeds in the NCAAT.
The other bad scenario thats being sppouted out nationally a loss to Duke and some results of other conference's games we could be put out of Indy and possibly a three.

The other bad scenario thats being sppouted out nationally a loss to Duke and some results of other conference's games we could be put out of Indy and possibly a three.
Well in most years I would think we were screwed but this is not the Duke team of years past. They have some injuries and some team turmoil (Allen) to deal with. Fact is, this will be a good measure for this team. If we can't beat Duke on a neutral court then most likely we don't deserve higher than a 3 seed.

Well in most years I would think we were screwed but this is not the Duke team of years past. They have some injuries and some team turmoil (Allen) to deal with. Fact is, this will be a good measure for this team. If we can't beat Duke on a neutral court then most likely we don't deserve higher than a 3 seed.
I agree with that, and unlike past years, this year it will be a true neutral game since the tourney is not in the state of North Carolina. It's in Brooklyn, New York. I like our chances.

Regardless of where the championship game is played it will be NC Vs Duke because of the Refs and Conference power brokers. The rest of the conference is fighting uphill. How many of you have seen an "impeding" call made in your life time of playing or watching BB. One was called against us the other day.

Regardless of where the championship game is played it will be NC Vs Duke because of the Refs and Conference power brokers. The rest of the conference is fighting uphill. How many of you have seen an "impeding" call made in your life time of playing or watching BB. One was called against us the other day.

Well I have to disagree unless there is some possible way that Duke and North Carolina can both get past the semi-finals.

Duke hasn't won the ACC tournament since 2011. FSU, Miami, Virginia and ND have won it since then. UNC won it last year but before that they hadn't won it since 2008. They have been runner ups in 4 of the last 6 years. So no there is no conspiracy going on.

Impedance of play is a relatively new point of emphasis directed to give the offense an advantage because average scores in games in 2013 were 67.5. Most feel that this rule change affected more defensive minded teams like U of L and why CRP has had to change his all press schemes. Possibly the reason why you see so many open drives and layups now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT