ADVERTISEMENT

ACC and the CWS.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
There were nine ACC teams that played in the Regionals. There were four ACC teams that advanced to the Super Regionals. There was just one ACC team that has advanced to the CWS. In the last 20 years, only one ACC team has won the CWS. UVA did it in 2015. Prior to that, there was just one other ACC team who played for the championship. UNC did it twice in '06 and '07. Now, Miami has a few championships, but they weren't ACC then. Ga Tech played for a championship in 1994 as an ACC member. I guess my point is, I don't get it. The CWS is often dominated by warm weather teams. Well, the ACC has those. UofL, technically, is a cold weather team, so the success these last 15+ years has been remarkable. And a big tip of the cap to Notre Dame. Their weather challenges exceed ours, so good on them for advancing. I'm thrilled, btw, they beat UT. A team can only bat flip and mouth off their way so far. Baseball takes humility.

And a big tip of the cap to Notre Dame. Their weather challenges exceed ours, so good on them for advancing. I'm thrilled, btw, they beat UT. A team can only bat flip and mouth off their way so far. Baseball takes humility.
😊😊😊

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT