ADVERTISEMENT

A word of caution

CARDOMYTE

6000+
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2003
They’re a lot of rumors flying right now, and there will be more in the coming days.

Word of caution. The flow of information out of UL and specifically athletics has changed over the last couple of years. It’s not what it was in prior regime. Meaning, in the past, people talked, and sometimes to the wrong people. Ever wonder where Lex fans get info from?

With that, there are really only a handful of outlets (media/fan sites/spokesmen/etc...) that are getting accurate info. There are many others that are piecing together what they hear and adding opinions/predictions and calling it gospel in what they communicate to fans. Much of it is inaccurate, and/or only half true.

DJ situation is a great case study. We didn’t hear jack $&@) from anyone for a month, then he announces he’s leaving (which the staff was prepared for) and now all of a sudden there’s problems, Mack losing respect amongst players (Heard that before-still BS), snd CJ is upset about new players (not true), blah, blah, blah.

We’re in an environment where top teams are losing players to the portal in droves, and yet we’ve had 1 guy leave, and 1 guy was told his role would change significantly and it was in his best interest to go somewhere else for fresh start and a chance to play.

We’ve also landed 3 top 40 transfers. The team knew that was going to happen. We were handcuffed LY and CM made changes. No one is surprised by this.

Just to clarify, I’m not saying people aren’t talking and saying things. What I’m saying is “sources” aren’t what they used to be.

If you’re a true fan of the program, I’d be careful in what you buy into. If you have an agenda, we’ll, it’ll probably be a fun couple weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News