ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE A few final evening thoughts as NSD winds down...

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
What a day for all of us who following recruiting... It certainly was a big day for us here at CardinalSports.

The traffic on this site is unprecedented and seeing this place as lively as this has truly been awesome.

Thank you all again. I know I can be snarky from time to time, but like you all, I'm passionate and sometimes my comments come off as harsh. It's not personal.

Onto some other items ---

Jack Plummer

About 5 days ago, I was alerted to watch this name closely as Louisville and Jeff Brohm look to find a QB for this year. Obviously, at that time, Plummer was not in the portal, so I didn't drop his name on the boards.

I responded to different questions in several other threads about the guy I'm waiting for being a starting P5 player and when he enters the portal, I will let you know. Today, he entered the portal.

This is the guy. This was the guy. Several people on here who are close friends of mine, that I told, can verify that this was the guy I was referring to all along.

Why did Plummer wait until today to enter? He had to finish the last class of the semester so he could graduate. Since he has already transferred once, graduating was big for him being immediately eligible at his next stop.

As long as nothing changes, this will be the QB that Jeff Brohm brings in for this season.

I expect this to move rather quickly, and I would bet Plummer will be here for spring practice.

What do I think of Plummer as a player and how do I like the fit?

Here are four clips from his game on the road against a top-10 USC team.

(Hopefully those gifs made their way in here, first time doing such a thing in a thread)

He's exactly what this team needs. He's played a ton of college football. He knows Jeff Brohm's offense.

Is he going to win the Heisman? Probably not.

Is he the best QB out of the portal? Probably not.

But, guess who is considered the best QB out of the portal? Devin Leary.

Here are the numbers on the two players...

Both started their careers in 2019:

Passes attempted:
Plummer - 943
Leary - 944

Completions:
Plummer - 601
Leary - 568

Career Completion %:
Plummer - 63.7%
Leary - 60.2%

Interceptions
Plummer - 19
Leary - 16

Career Passing Yards:
Plummer - 6,500
Leary - 6,807

Career Touchdowns Thrown
Plummer - 47
Leary - 62

Career QB Rating
Plummer - 134
Leary - 139

Am I saying Plummer is better than Leary? No.

Are they comparable? Yes.

This is the perfect, one-year, veteran QB that Louisville needs. Pierce Clarkson can still come in under certain packages to change things up, and give teams a different look.

Jamari Johnson

I like Louisville's chances, a lot.

DeAndre Moore

This was almost certain to go towards Texas when we woke up this morning. Things changed, and Louisville feels better today than they did yesterday. I posted as much in the WAR ROOM thread. Texas may even be sitting in 3rd right now, behind Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News