ADVERTISEMENT

6-20 over the last 26

Ok, Webster was sitting for a while on a pretty darn cold day. I said that to myself before he threw his first pitch and that he could struggle. Three straight singles. No one getting warm. I mean, bad weather…plenty of arms…Why not be prepared? Seems wayyyyyyyyyyyy too often the staff waits for our pitchers to be knee deep in the shit. I just don’t get it. Get guys warm; if the guy on the bump figures it out then fine, nothing lost.

Ok,so what looks different with this group of young guys is their willingness to go with the pitch.
These opposite field hits are a sign of guys that have a different approach at the plate.

Doesn't matter to me who we're playing, there's an obvious difference about hitting that works much better when you're WILLING to use the whole field.

West pitched at a nice fast pace. Love seeing that out of a reliever, not allowing the batter to really get set or allow them time to think about what pitch may be coming.

Reactions: earsky
They have a pitching problem. In a world where everyone throws in the 90’s. Louisville is full of guys in the mid to high 80’s. Not sure what is going on with recruiting. I know Webster won’t be a weekend starter but the 2 games I have watched all the pitchers were in that range.

Weird to see.

Looks like a talented group of Freshmen pitchers. We've only seen maybe 3 so far.
Detmers throws low 90s,the Dean kid yesterday the same and Starks from St X upper 80s. Yeah,perfect storm you want some flame throwers but I'll take location and ball movement from these bullpen middle relief guys.
More Freshmen to come,maybe today.

Reactions: 2330859
They have a pitching problem. In a world where everyone throws in the 90’s. Louisville is full of guys in the mid to high 80’s. Not sure what is going on with recruiting. I know Webster won’t be a weekend starter but the 2 games I have watched all the pitchers were in that range.

Weird to see.
When you throw in that range you better have good movement on your pitches.

What has McDonnell been doing for the last 2 years? This is pathetic to lose a program completely this quick.

@earsky Has Biven pitched yet this year? I definitely want to see more FR pitchers. Guys like Corbett and Koger just have not shown any consistency. Koger, unfortunately, has been disappointing. I think the staff was really expecting a lot from him and he just has not been able to get it going.

When you throw in that range you better have good movement on your pitches.
The biggest thing when you aren’t a high velocity guy they have to do everything well.

1) They have to change speeds
2) They have to locate pitches at a really high rate.
3) Usually low velo guys don’t have much movement. Depends on there arm slot. Yes movement is key for every pitcher.

The problem is our high velo guys can’t throw strikes or locate pitches. Everyone can turn around a 90-95 fastball. They get squared up a bunch.

I would love to hit against this group. I would sit fastball because I could afford to be patient.

Roger Williams was considered one of the very best; not sure what happened here

Roger Williams was considered one of the very best; not sure what happened here
If you have a class or 2 come up a little short,that's hard to recover from. I think the injury bug has hit hard too. A conditional issue facing these youngsters that thrown probably year round for most since they were young

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT