ADVERTISEMENT

+4

Sultan__of__Swine

15000+
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Through 3 games the Cards are +4 in turnover margin.

Syracuse______+3
UCF________0
FSU________+1

Unsurprising to see this turnover margin attached to a 1-2 record.

It's what we do.

Really the bottom line is bad teams find a multitude of ways to lose ball games.

Turnovers, penalties and turnovers at worst possible time that literally shift the scoreboard like the fumble in their RZ, offsides on 3rd and long on D that gives them a second chance to convert and they do when they are in our RZ, etc.

First lost just steamed. This one flags in 2nd Q with opportunity to pad a lead, and yeah turnovers. Next loss it will be the sun was in our eyes.

Whatever it is, good luck to Josh when it's time to go shopping.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
It is crazy to watch how some teams just refuse to win games and watching teams that refuse to lose games.

It is amazing the number of plays they fail to make during his last 3 years. It is a long list.

Malik isn’t accurate enough in pressure situations to make throws in tight spaces. Played a hell of game last night until it mattered. Then he was bad. When every game comes down to last minute drives your QB has to be really good. Malik is not that guy.

Defense continues to be awful in spots which completely wipes out all good they do during the game. The back end has been horribly coached for 3 years. How many missed assignments can you have and expect to stop anyone? It happens every game against quality opponents. FSU was on the ropes. You have them 2-14 get burned because someone messed up. The 1st drive of the game 2 straight missed assignments. These QB’s at this level don’t miss guys.

It just isn’t fixable at this point.

FSU 2nd string QB and defense made both our offense and defense look like amateurs. We could have should have had a 35-14 lead going into halftime. Crucial penalties likely lead to our loss. That’s on coaching! No way a good team should lose this game!
Really disappointing

I have attended U of L games since the 70's. I see talent but I don't see solid coaching. Good coaches take talent, of all levels, and make it better.

Reactions: BPGhost
It is always a combination of good players and good coaches. I would argue we have a combination of decent players and coaches. Not exactly where you want to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT