ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: 3-star Juco DE says Louisville is in his top two "and they're not number 2."

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014

2020 three-star Juco edge Maureese Wren and I just wrapped up a conversation that went almost as well as it possibly could have for Louisville fans. The first question I asked was if Louisville had a realistic shot at signing him.

"Yes sir they do, they're in my top two and they're not number two if you catch my drift," Wren responded.

That was pretty much all I or the Louisville fan base needed to know but the conversation continued and he told me the following:
His main recruiter is Mark Ivey, he's being recruited to play defensive end, he has an official visit set up to Louisville on November 23rd, he will enroll in December so a decision and announcement will come shortly after he takes his visit. The other school in his top two, where Louisville isn't number two if you catch his drift is West Virginia. He does not have a visit to Morgantown planned at the moment.

Wren was a 5.6 three star athlete coming out of the 2018 class from Horn high school in Mesquite, Texas. He committed to La. Tech to play receiver over power-five offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa State, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Purdue, Texas Tech, Utah, and Washington. The fact he ended up at Juco should explain what happened in 2018. Wren has learned his lessons, figuratively and literally, and is on track to graduate from Tyler Junior College in Texas this December and enroll at his four year school for the Spring Semester. They way things look right now that four year school will be Louisville unless West Virginia really steps their game up.

He's listed as an outside linebacker, Louisville is recruiting him to play defensive end, and he committed to Missouri as a wide receiver on June, 19, 2019. His commitment to the tigers was short lived, he backed off his pledge on July, 30th. His next commitment will in all probability be his last but football recruiting is always dicey so don't cash the check till the post date. Whoever signs Wren is getting a big 6-foot-4, 230-pound athlete who can run and has two years of eligibility left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News