ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Joson Sonan...Update: To Arizona

According to Nick Coffey, Sanon was paid a bunch of money for this "visit" for a quick selfie with KP on his way for his real visit to Uk.
I saw somewhere, and I didn't read the whole story but they were talking $20K.. If that's true it really pisses me off that he was even allowed to spend that kind of money on someone for a visit when everybody, including KP knows he's not even going to be here next year..

I saw somewhere, and I didn't read the whole story but they were talking $20K.. If that's true it really pisses me off that he was even allowed to spend that kind of money on someone for a visit when everybody, including KP knows he's not even going to be here next year..
Is this what college sports has become? Appearance fees for high school kids?

According to Nick Coffey, Sanon was paid a bunch of money for this "visit" for a quick selfie with KP on his way for his real visit to Uk.
Like I said in another thread, these top athletes are not coming here. They are being slipped envelopes full of cash to put UofL on their 'top 10' list in order to give kp some cred. Our coach is a POS at best.

I agree this visit is very likely a paid blow by through Louisville on the way to Lexington. However, it could possibly be a good thing that a top recruit has seen our facilities if we end up with a quality coach to replace Payne.

I do think the elite guys are paid now to do visits which is crazy. The issue here is paying 20k or whatever for an unofficial visit on his way to an official visit to UK. Then to promote it like it is a good thing. Of the stupid things he has said and done this is right up there.

This pretty much sums up KP era,
complete incompetence.

Reactions: rh62531 and BPGhost
It's hard to analyze all these strange things we're witnessing. Stuff like this could have a few different interpretations.

My guess is he is just trying to set the narrative, the illusion that he works hard to the very end. Had some great things lining up just before mgt pulled the rug out on him. Setting this up for using the unfair treatment victim defense. If they fire him, he'll be the most surprised guy ever, he was just doing his job and had 5* kids lining up! It's all so very cringe. I admit this is a guess and hope I'm wrong, and it's something else.

It could also mean the guy isn't going anywhere, and is trying to recruit the kid. Which, would be something. Can't rule anything out. We probably don't hope for that.

It's all very weird whatever it is. I understand these jobs can be performed in a # of different ways, but whatever this guy is doing since day one has been just disastrous.

This thing is over for a lot of fans one way or the other in a few weeks.

Reactions: rh62531
It could mean a lot of things, but like many things KP has done it isn’t well thought out.

Why would you even bring in a 5 star if he is in his way to UK? Knowing how much this fanbase hates UK. It literally has zero chance of being positive. It has little chance of being positive if it was 2 months ago. Zero chance now.

Why is he visiting now instead of earlier? The only reason he is at Louisville is because he was going to UK. Again he is completely obvious to how stupid he looks. My interpretation is he isn’t working hard it was probably a gift from Cal. Hey make sure you stop by and see KP. Good lord most people would look at this as being incredibly lazy and disingenuous.

Then to top it off the kid is paid to do a photo op. If true help me understand how that makes any sense in this scenario? Pay 20k of Louisville’s money on a 1 percent chance on landing a recruit. Also a 1 percent chance of being retained.

I don’t think there is a middle ground here this is being incompetent, lazy and at worst he is either playing us or being played.

One thing for sure, we won't be getting any kind of explanation from Payne. He has rendered the fan experience to be an afterthought.

I just believe it's narrative setting - I work hard and what do I get for it? Fired? I'm a victim. I never claim this is believable or good strategy. It's just on brand for Payne.

At this juncture, while I understand everything he has done and does moving forward is frustrating, for me none of this matters.

A couple weeks to go. Then upper management comes clean to fans one way or another. They either stay the course, or try something new.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Wow, is this what we have become? We get excited when a prospect says U of L is on a list of 10 schools that he's interested in? I think I will wait until he narrows it down to 2 or 3 and we are still on the list.

Is this what college sports has become? Appearance fees for high school kids?
Unfortunately. Probably just going to get worse. I listened to a national sports talk show the other day, they were saying they could see in the not so distant future, kids will be able to switch teams mid season and play right away.

The scenario they were throwing out was, say a really good kid is on a bad team, right before March Madness he jumps on a team that needs him to make a title run.. If that plays out I may be done with college sports..

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
It could mean a lot of things, but like many things KP has done it isn’t well thought out.

Why would you even bring in a 5 star if he is in his way to UK? Knowing how much this fanbase hates UK. It literally has zero chance of being positive. It has little chance of being positive if it was 2 months ago. Zero chance now.

Why is he visiting now instead of earlier? The only reason he is at Louisville is because he was going to UK. Again he is completely obvious to how stupid he looks. My interpretation is he isn’t working hard it was probably a gift from Cal. Hey make sure you stop by and see KP. Good lord most people would look at this as being incredibly lazy and disingenuous.

Then to top it off the kid is paid to do a photo op. If true help me understand how that makes any sense in this scenario? Pay 20k of Louisville’s money on a 1 percent chance on landing a recruit. Also a 1 percent chance of being retained.

I don’t think there is a middle ground here this is being incompetent, lazy and at worst he is either playing us or being played.
I'm leaning toward thinking this is Kenny being incompetent. He didn't think through the optics of how this would look to the fans. I just can't put him on anything clever based on what we've seen of him.

I do think the elite guys are paid now to do visits which is crazy. The issue here is paying 20k or whatever for an unofficial visit on his way to an official visit to UK. Then to promote it like it is a good thing. Of the stupid things he has said and done this is right up there.

This pretty much sums up KP era,
complete incompetence.
I remember someone saying MgBako got paid 6-figures by Kansas, either to visit, or not visit some other places. And they didn't even land him. No idea if that's true, but just assume it is for a minute. The $20,000 story sounds legit in that light.

One thing for sure, we won't be getting any kind of explanation from Payne. He has rendered the fan experience to be an afterthought.

I just believe it's narrative setting - I work hard and what do I get for it? Fired? I'm a victim. I never claim this is believable or good strategy. It's just on brand for Payne.

At this juncture, while I understand everything he has done and does moving forward is frustrating, for me none of this matters.

A couple weeks to go. Then upper management comes clean to fans one way or another. They either stay the course, or try something new.
Oh…I don’t know…. I expect KP to say, “ He trick me”.

Unfortunately. Probably just going to get worse. I listened to a national sports talk show the other day, they were saying they could see in the not so distant future, kids will be able to switch teams mid season and play right away.

The scenario they were throwing out was, say a really good kid is on a bad team, right before March Madness he jumps on a team that needs him to make a title run.. If that plays out I may be done with college sports..
100%

If it gets to that point the student part of student athletes needs to be dropped. No way you could pass classes leaving mid semester. Put them on university payroll as janitorial or start having contracts with buyouts instead of scholarships

If it gets to that point the student part of student athletes needs to be dropped. No way you could pass classes leaving mid semester. Put them on university payroll as janitorial or start having contracts with buyouts instead of scholarships
I think that horse left the barn a long time ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT