ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Schedule

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
9/1 (Friday)Georgia Tech (Chick-fil-A Kickoff)
9/7 (Thursday)Murray State
9/16Indiana (Lucas Oil Stadium )
9/23Boston College
9/29 (Friday)at NC State
10/7Notre Dame
10/14at Pitt
10/21BYE
10/28Duke
11/4Virginia Tech
11/9 (Thursday)Virginia
11/18at Miami
11/25Kentucky

Wow! What a favorable schedule in Brohm's first season. The two neutral games are in the state of our opponents, but both teams have been struggling mightily. IU wanted out.

I can't believe there's only three true road games. That's unbelievable! And we don't play Clemson, UNC or FSU and the toughest opponent is at home against Notre Dame.

We could definitely be the next TCU with this schedule.

NC State is always a tough game and Duke is big time improved, but we don't play Wake or Syracuse and that just trips me out.

Of course there is so much to know before next September but as it looks now, I say Louisville will go 9 and 3 or 10 and 2.

The first true road against NC State will be tough and the home game against Notre Dame is the toughest match-up.

The Miami game will tell the tale on the Cards chances of being one of the top 2 teams in the ACC. UK is going down.

As for upsets or the obligatory disappointing loss, Duke has a great young QB and could win at the L&N Credit Union Cardinals stadium.

Cards should definitely start out 4 and 0 and if the momentum is real and Brohm has the defense playing as well as the offense, a run at the ACC championship game is right there for the taking.

After starting 4 and 0 with blowout wins, I can see the Cards favored over NC State. After all, we beat them this past season. We could also lose but I like the Cards chances.

Can't see being underdogs to Pitt unless things haven't been going so well when we play them. We also beat them a few months ago and again I think Louisville has the better team.

Assuming ND will be highly ranked when we play, they probably will be favored on the road. The Irish haven't had a QB like Hartman in awhile.

As for UK, well since that is the 12th game on the schedule, who's the underdog has a lot to be determined.

But right now, with Brohm coming in with a good, experienced QB with many key returning players, I think Louisville is projected to be better than NC State, Pitt and UK.

I can't wait to find out.

Certain Win: Murray State
Probable Wins: Boston College; Duke; Virginia Tech and Virginia
Toss Ups: @Georgia Tech; @Indiana; @Pitt; @Miami and Kentucky
Probable Losses: @NC State and Notre Dame

Prediction: Lose one of probable wins, two of toss ups and one of the probable losses. (8-4).
Best Case: 10-2
Worst Case: 5-7

I’d say 8-4 for right now. We’re solid, but we’re not crazy talented in 1 particular area. I think we are balanced. Brohm has had some big upsets, but he also had some HUGE clunkers during his time at Purdue. So looking at the easier games and saying it’s an easy win isn’t the case under Jeff. But looking at the hard games and thinking we have a chance is much easier to do now.

Until I see them on the field, it’s hard to make big judgements now. What’s gonna be the strength? What’s gonna be the weakness that needs to be addressed? Who is going to be our go-to player.

Certain Win: Murray State
Probable Wins: Boston College; Duke; Virginia Tech and Virginia
Toss Ups: @Georgia Tech; @Indiana; @Pitt; @Miami and Kentucky
Probable Losses: @NC State and Notre Dame

Prediction: Lose one of probable wins, two of toss ups and one of the probable losses. (8-4).
Best Case: 10-2
Worst Case: 5-7
Think you're underestimating Duke because that is more of a toss up game than IU and Ga Tech. NC State is in no way a probable loss.

My best case is two losses. (ND, Miami)
Worst case add two more losses. (NC State, Duke)

With all the head coaching experience JB has, this first season at UofL will be his most talented roster he's had. He has a favorable schedule and I think we're going to see my best case.

I’d say 8-4 for right now. We’re solid, but we’re not crazy talented in 1 particular area. I think we are balanced. Brohm has had some big upsets, but he also had some HUGE clunkers during his time at Purdue. So looking at the easier games and saying it’s an easy win isn’t the case under Jeff. But looking at the hard games and thinking we have a chance is much easier to do now.

Until I see them on the field, it’s hard to make big judgements now. What’s gonna be the strength? What’s gonna be the weakness that needs to be addressed? Who is going to be our go-to player.
Purdue seemed to play down to their competition at times, but I think that's a natural thing with minimum talented teams who tend to play above their perceived ability against ranked teams.

A good coaching staff can get lesser talent to compete and win with a great game plan, great confidence and the will to risk it all. Against weaker teams, there's a natural letdown but the team isn't talented enough to still win convincingly.

Brohm hasn't shown he can be successful as the hunted instead of the hunter, but he now has much more overall talent to work with.

Purdue seemed to play down to their competition at times, but I think that's a natural thing with minimum talented teams who tend to play above their perceived ability against ranked teams.

A good coaching staff can get lesser talent to compete and win with a great game plan, great confidence and the will to risk it all. Against weaker teams, there's a natural letdown but the team isn't talented enough to still win convincingly.

Brohm hasn't shown he can be successful as the hunted instead of the hunter, but he now has much more overall talent to work with.
When I watched Purdue it seemed like he could get caught in those “ball control” type games that were prevalent in Big Ten Ball. He liked the game to be moving, but those cold weather games where teams liked to push his teams around could do him in. Now they won some of those games, but it could also slow him down.

Of course there is so much to know before next September but as it looks now, I say Louisville will go 9 and 3 or 10 and 2.

The first true road against NC State will be tough and the home game against Notre Dame is the toughest match-up.

The Miami game will tell the tale on the Cards chances of being one of the top 2 teams in the ACC. UK is going down.

As for upsets or the obligatory disappointing loss, Duke has a great young QB and could win at the L&N Credit Union Cardinals stadium.

Cards should definitely start out 4 and 0 and if the momentum is real and Brohm has the defense playing as well as the offense, a run at the ACC championship game is right there for the taking.
Don’t know how much it will matter but Notre Dame just lost its OC to Alabama.

• Wow
Reactions: TPACardsFan

So much hangs on how the QB position works out.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
If IU chickens out for 2024 & 2025, Ohio St just dumped Washington. UofL should pick them up. That would be a cool series. Cards vs. Huskies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT