ADVERTISEMENT

2023 roster has been released.

Damn, beat me to it! 🤗. Tough task for the staff as always.

I didn’t realize how deeply we fished in the waters of Wisconsin this past recruiting year. I did not realize Cam Robinson was still with the team; that could prove very valuable having a vet like him available. He has shown flashes here and there - could provide some quality minutes.

There are more freshmen on the roster than any other class.

FR- 16
SO-7
JR-13
SR-4
GR-1

Youth movement. That normally would be a concern, but A) these guys are supposed to be pretty good. B) the 13 JR's consists of team leaders and significant contributors. Should be a perfect balance of experience and young talent.

Reactions: Bardman

FR- 16
SO-7
JR-13
SR-4
GR-1

Youth movement. That normally would be a concern, but A) these guys are supposed to be pretty good. B) the 13 JR's consists of team leaders and significant contributors. Should be a perfect balance of experience and young talent.
Totally agree. I noticed that as well. The JRs/SRs are solid. If any FR get time they will have truly earned it. Then, you have quality experience behind them. I just realized Austin Bode was not on the roster- I obviously missed him departing UofL. I thought he had a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see which C emerges to get some game time and which one RS. There are 3 FR Catchers seems like a lot. Maybe one changes positions like Metz did.

The state of Wisconsin has been good to us, I hope University of Wisconsin never has a men's baseball team.
The Lippe kid is a good looking outfielder. I saw him make a couple of Usher-like plays out there during the Pizza Bowl. He is making noise.

FR- 16
SO-7
JR-13
SR-4
GR-1

The youngsters can flat out play,probably led by Kentucky Mr Baseball Patrick Forbes and Kilen, they’re a deep and talented group.
Forbes,a two way player that already is in the low 90s,has pushed his way into getting his swings somehow at 3rd or dhing.
Kilen,an outstanding defender is also pushing for time.
Add to that, New Albany product Biven (another 2 way player) Lippe, Klein,Dickerson, Vierner, Schmitt and on and on. The future is very 🌞

It will be interesting to see which C emerges to get some game time and which one RS. There are 3 FR Catchers seems like a lot. Maybe one changes positions like Metz did.
Bamberg had been a front runner as the back up to Payton in the Fall before he was injured during Pizza Bowl. Big stick, but I'm not sure where he's at with the injury.
Klein has an outstanding future ahead.

Totally agree. I noticed that as well. The JRs/SRs are solid. If any FR get time they will have truly earned it. Then, you have quality experience behind them. I just realized Austin Bode was not on the roster- I obviously missed him departing UofL. I thought he had a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see which C emerges to get some game time and which one RS. There are 3 FR Catchers seems like a lot. Maybe one changes positions like Metz did.
Never have too many catchers.... especially when you have so many unknown pitchers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT