ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Edition

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Well,I caught 2 out of the 3 games this weekend.Gotta say,we've got a nice lookin team.

I hope everybody got out to see the game on Sunday.Great weather,great crowd and a great game. Stirring late game heroics by McKay on the mound and with the bat to take the series from Miami 5-4.

Those 2 teams looked like mirrors of each other,btw.Miami has a nice team as well.

I came away very impressed with what I saw so early in this young season.

Thoughts...

I didn't get out to see any of the games .. but I did seek out scores and recaps throughout the weekend.

I'm very encouraged. We usually start slow, and put things together for post season play. So I didn't expect to win the series, even though it was at home.

McKay sounds like a true stud. And to think we get him for two more years after this one, well that's exciting.

It also sounds like (from premuim forum posters who have follwed them more closely than I) our true strength -- starting pitching -- has yet to truly solidify. You have to figure (or maybe its' HOPE) that this will come around. When it does, then I think we can truly be special.

Could we go back-to-back-to-back?? Omaha again?? Well .. clearly, it's too early to tell. But I like the start so far.

I did see Funkhauser on Saturday,expecting more but didn't come away discouraged.He was not getting location early in the counts,especially the slider.Because of that,he was falling behind in the counts and it was a matter of time before they chased him,which they did.

He did have excellent velocity on that fastball.I think he'll be fine.We've got some tough left handed pitching out of the bullpen.

Originally posted by earsky:
...Those 2 teams looked like mirrors of each other,btw.Miami has a nice team as well.

Thoughts...
The two teams were ranked 10th and 11th nationally coming in. Both teams had 19 runs for the series. We had 27 hits, and Miami had 29 hits. "Mirrors" is exactly right.

Sunday's game was great baseball as far as drama is concerned. Had a little of everything.

If we can get our starting pitching to firm up a little, look out...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT