ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson payment allegations

The media and the NCAA will both have to apologize to Duke. That's all that will happen to them.
You never got any traction from the media on why the raid on the nike grass roots eybl offices's . Were never followed up on at least not publicly, You know dam well they got some good stuff on their beloved nike blue blood schools.
Another thing i'm going to pay a little more attention to what Matt J. has to say about it , I'm sure anything Duke related negative he be on it. Now everybody knows Cal was wanting Zion also sure Duke wasn't using Nike bidding against themselves.And dam well if any of it's true about the parents asking for things it was also offered to Cal. So why wouldn't the ncaa hold those coaches for a level 2 also as they did Rick about knowing a shool offered payments.

However i know this want amount to anything as usual cause it's coach K.

Last edited:
The Duke coaching staff is smart enough to have third parties in place to keep their hands clean. They used to get the kids parents jobs (Duhon, maybe Boozer) and when a reporter catches on they just figure out another avenue to get the payments through.

Slightly off topic...The one thing that has surprised me in the last decade or two is how the upper echelon programs have never had an unhappy disgruntled 5* throw them under the bus and spill the beans on the operations. Guys that didn't get the playing time they thought they were promised, etc. Maybe the programs and 3rd party payers were true to their word financially and ponied up the cash regardless of the player's production.

The Duke coaching staff is smart enough to have third parties in place to keep their hands clean. They used to get the kids parents jobs (Duhon, maybe Boozer) and when a reporter catches on they just figure out another avenue to get the payments through.

Slightly off topic...The one thing that has surprised me in the last decade or two is how the upper echelon programs have never had an unhappy disgruntled 5* throw them under the bus and spill the beans on the operations. Guys that didn't get the playing time they thought they were promised, etc. Maybe the programs and 3rd party payers were true to their word financially and ponied up the cash regardless of the player's production.
Most definelty the promised benefits are followed through with mainly because the bulk is paid before the kid gets to school anyway. And this cbb trial has shown us that blueprint for the most part. Not too mention most of these kids are one and done or ineligible . LOL but of course U of l got throwed under the bus by the parents and kids we just didn't get the same street code as everybody else.

Most definelty the promised benefits are followed through with mainly because the bulk is paid before the kid gets to school anyway. And this cbb trial has shown us that blueprint for the most part. Not too mention most of these kids are one and done or ineligible . LOL but of course U of l got throwed under the bus by the parents and kids we just didn't get the same street code as everybody else.
The trial showed how one agent and a few coaches were morons. If you noticed, Rick early on was involved in a lot of big time recruits. But I think he found a good mix of underrated guys to go with solid recruits. The recruiting game changed and he wasn’t into the AAU culture. He probably knew guys would get benefits, but this modern system of kids demanding 200k and shoe companies running the show was foreign.

We won a title with Siva a Senior McDonald’s All American, Chane was a McDonalds All American, Wayne Blackshear a McDonalds All American, and Gourgi was a top 40-50 4-star recruit. Mixed it with guys like Russ and Luke.

But after that group, I think Rick was getting tired of the of the Matt Stockman and Mahmoud type projects, so he embraced going for the bigger fish. And his ignorance on how modern recruiting works did him in in 2017.

What’s sad is that if Bowen never gets the money, we have Ray Spaulding, Q Snider, Anas, Deng Adel, VJ King, and McMahon ready to mix in with the new crop of Sutton, Nwora, Darius, & Malik. And all the 5 star talent waiting for the next year. If we never go for Bowen, we win a 2019 title and have a 2018 Final Four caliber team.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Zion will deny everything, and then you can expect that Zion, his new management team (Creative Arts), Nike, and Duke will work together to come up with enough money to pay off Gina Ford and ensure that this never goes to trial.

One possible intriguing wrinkle to this is ... what happens if competing shoe companies like Adidas and Under Armor decide that it’s in their best interest to drag Nike’s dealings out into the open, and they team up to pay Ford NOT to settle?

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT