ADVERTISEMENT

Youth movement at receiver

extremeVillefan

New Poster, Show Me Love
Sep 16, 2015
True freshman Jaylen Smith is the team's leading receiver (11 catches for 171 yards), followed by red-shirt freshman Micky Crum (12-158), true freshman Traveon Samuel (12-118), true freshman Devante Peete (5-101), Texas A&M transfer sophomore Ja'Quay Savage (10-92), true junior James Quick (4-28), true sophomore Charles Standberry (2-22), true sophomore Javonte Bagley (2-9) and true freshman Emonee Spence (1-7)

Ja’Quay Savage as a true freshman at Texas A&M caught four passes for 71 yards and a touchdown

James Quick as a true sophomore was third on the team with 36 receptions for 566 yards and three touchdowns and as a true freshman caught six passes for 73 yards

Charles Standberry as a true freshman caught seven passes for 57 yards and two touchdowns

Javonte Bagley as a true freshman caught two passes for 18 yards.

Jamari Staples (transfer from UAB) as a true sophomore had nine receptions for 190 yards and a score and as true freshman caught 31 passes for 458 receiving yards notching four receiving touchdowns

Alphonso Carter (transfer from Tennessee) as a true freshman had 1 catch for 15 yards

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp
These guys have performed well.

I'm expecting Samuel's role to increase as the season progresses, they have got to keep getting the ball in his hands.

They've all had their moments.

This offense is going to have issues this year but the skilled position are legit. Once Petrino gets the offense line playing at a high level watch out. I have no doubt the line will come together but it may not be until next year. The WR core has the potential to be the best ever at Louisville. Loaded with playmakers. All have good speed and good size.

Jaylen Smith has been a very nice surprise. I shouldn't be considering his dad was a terrific NFL receiver. Spence is a kid the coaches have been raving about but has been battling injuries. Peete has made some terrific plays which showed off his terrific hands.

Love the competition and players having to fight for spots each week.

Massive potential at WR and IMO Devante Peete is going to be an All American here in the near future if we can give our QBs some time and throwing lanes.

Im really pumped about our WR's, and Crum.
What is that status on Towbridge? Id love to see he and Crum in with some 2 TE sets.

This offense is going to have issues this year but the skilled position are legit. Once Petrino gets the offense line playing at a high level watch out. I have no doubt the line will come together but it may not be until next year. The WR core has the potential to be the best ever at Louisville. Loaded with playmakers. All have good speed and good size.

Jaylen Smith has been a very nice surprise. I shouldn't be considering his dad was a terrific NFL receiver. Spence is a kid the coaches have been raving about but has been battling injuries. Peete has made some terrific plays which showed off his terrific hands.

Love the competition and players having to fight for spots each week.

Jimmy Smith isn't Jaylen's father. He is the father of Trey Smith, who is redshirting.

Why did we come out in the second half and "STOP" throwing the damn football? I believe that killed us. JMHO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT