ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are still a good team.

SchmidtyNole

5000+
Feb 19, 2007
You guys have lost your three games by a total of 13 points. And I would venture that Louisville has played the toughest schedule in the Nation up to this point. But the thing is that playing this level of schedule the margin of error is razor thin. Turnovers, penalties, missed chip shot field goals, those things make the difference in games like this when you are playing this kind of schedule.

I still think Petrino is a great coach and will get Louisville to where it wants to go. Why? Recruiting. He's still trying to get his guys in there. He's still coaching Strong's guys minus all the guys Louisville has lost to the draft the past two years which makes a difference too.

The good thing is the schedule does thin out a little bit now and I still predict Louisville to go 8-4.

The best 0-3 team is still just that,,,,0-3. And now we're being patronized by other fans. No this is not a good team.....by any objective measure. We've been hot garbage since the opening play of the opening game (our moral victory against AU was fools gold and was merely a result of Lamar Jackson and the sand lot ball we went to. Well that crap doesn't work). We're a bad football team right now. I expected much better from Ol 41-9. But this isn't even close to the same coach.

Reactions: doneagain
The best 0-3 team is still just that,,,,0-3. And now we're being patronized by other fans. No this is not a good team.....by any objective measure. We've been hot garbage since the opening play of the opening game (our moral victory against AU was fools gold and was merely a result of Lamar Jackson and the sand lot ball we went to. Well that crap doesn't work). We're a bad football team right now. I expected much better from Ol 41-9. But this isn't even close to the same coach.

I disagree with this thought! Why, youth at the skill positions and on the o-line!? Qb. and the line need to get in sync with each other! We need to keep Bolin in and Lamar/Bonnafon is at the WRs/TB spots as well. Deshaun Watson did NOT hurt us either!

Right......we just need to "get in sync with each other." Smh! Are you watching these games? Something is way way off. You are your record and now we have people crowing about being the best 0-3 team in America.

Lol. We have lost to two nationally ranked teams and a good Houston team. Our offense is full of underclassmen at every skill position with the exception of Radcliffe. But we can't blame him when there is no one to block. Defense has looked solid for the most part. Back away from the ledge!

A bit dramatic aren't we? This is just an all-around terrible post. The only significant problem with this team is the O line. Louisville's offense can only take what the O line gives them, which is very little. The O line is young and very inexperienced, and that doesn't help Bobby coaching his offense when they give him absolutely nothing to work with. If Louisville had a somewhat decent O line, they would probably at least 2-1. If this team were "hot garbage" we would be losing to these ranked teams by 30+

A bit dramatic aren't we? This is just an all-around terrible post. The only significant problem with this team is the O line. Louisville's offense can only take what the O line gives them, which is very little. The O line is young and very inexperienced, and that doesn't help Bobby coaching his offense when they give him absolutely nothing to work with. If Louisville had a somewhat decent O line, they would probably at least 2-1. If this team were "hot garbage" we would be losing to these ranked teams by 30+

Woulda coulda and shoulda.....but not. We're 0-3 and many if you were talking the Gish darn CFB playoff . So yeah it's been hot garbage and Petrino has been hot garbage this season. Congrats on our "Best 0-3 Team in America" trophy. Cant believe Petrino gets a pass for the job he's done so far. He's been awful.....again from the first snap of Game 1. This team stinks right now. True story! "We're not losing by 30+." What a losing mentality!

Last edited:
Reactions: doneagain
Man I'm hurt I went in your ignore. Stop being an apologist for the crap we've witnessed. How sensitive does one have to be to ignore and not only that but to have to announce it?

Hey guys, we tried to warn you about Grantham last year...
Get over this nonsense. He coached here last season and the Cards were a top 10 defense. He had to replace several starters and mold it to what he does. The Cards are not 0-3 due to the defense. With anything near a good offense, the Cards are likely 3-0.

Houston had over 90 offensive snaps because the Cards offense was so ineffective. Against Clemson, the Cards punted on their first six possessions and had only 51 total yards with four minutes to go before halftime.

The defense has been on the field way too much and they have been behind most of the time. Coaching on defense has not been the problem. Now offense is a different story.

Hey guys, we tried to warn you about Grantham last year...
Not another one of these Georgia fan no-lifers.

In the next life Todd Grantham is going the first man ever to be to be the Governor of Georgia and lifetime Head Coach of University of Georgia football team.

I'm staying inside today, the sky is falling and some Card Fans are jumping off roofs with their devices in hand. :eek:

Good for recycling body parts and other stuff, though. ;)

Reactions: American Male
This is what we have wanted for years: to be able to play top ranked teams during the season. When we were in C-USA, they would not schedule us, and now, with conference tie-ins, we played a real SEC team, not that pretender 70 miles to the East, in the Chick-Fil-A Classic. We played number 11 Clemson. I suspect Houston will be highly regarded at the end of the year. While I hate losing, we knew this could happen.

Clemson's pretty young too. 4 SR starters on O, 1 on D. 14 FR on the two deep. QB, top RB and top 2 WR are SO's and a FR.

Last edited:
Listen, I'm not patronizing here. I didn't claim Louisville is a great team. I claimed it is a good team and the record is misleading. You've played Auburn, Houston and Clemson. Two of those are ranked teams and the other is a team that will make a Bowl and could win the AAC.

Louisville lacks a few things that are making it hard on them to win. 1) Offensive Line play. It is hard to win with the OLine play Louisville is getting right now. Louisville's skill players are plenty good enough to win with although I think in an ideal world most of Petrino's QBs are better than Boller. But when you can't block you are going to struggle offensively. 2) Defensively Louisville is just fine which is why I am wondering where all the "I told you so about Grantham," people are coming from.

So Louisville's record is a product of poor Offensive Line play that makes it tough to put points on the board combined with turnovers, penalties and missed field goals that are magnified in close games.

But let me put it this way: I wouldn't be close to 100% confident if we were playing Louisville tonight. This is not a cupcake team. It is a good team with a few flaws that are holding them back.

If this were happening in year four with Petrino then I'd be concerned...until then not really any surprises thus far.
We all knew the issues with the O-line and QB situation prior to the season, so are you really surprised outside of the Houston game?
I'm more than confident Petrino will get it done!

Thanks for the pep talk Schmidty, I have needed it today. We do have very few seniors on the entire depth chart on this team (just 2 on offense, 3 on defense, plus the kicker and punter). We could be a good team by year's end, but with so few seniors there is also a legitimate concern that the team implodes.

Get over this nonsense. He coached here last season and the Cards were a top 10 defense. He had to replace several starters and mold it to what he does. The Cards are not 0-3 due to the defense. With anything near a good offense, the Cards are likely 3-0.

Houston had over 90 offensive snaps because the Cards offense was so ineffective. Against Clemson, the Cards punted on their first six possessions and had only 51 total yards with four minutes to go before halftime.

The defense has been on the field way too much and they have been behind most of the time. Coaching on defense has not been the problem. Now offense is a different story.

That's exactly right RealVille!

Reactions: American Male
If this were happening in year four with Petrino then I'd be concerned...until then not really any surprises thus far.
We all knew the issues with the O-line and QB situation prior to the season, so are you really surprised outside of the Houston game?
I'm more than confident Petrino will get it done!

Trouble with MOST Cardinal fans is..we're spoiled! Ala, UGA, USC and jr, OSU, Tex,
Neb, AUB, Ar, UF, FSU, Clem etc have all had bad years at one point or another so get over your butt hurt!

Man I'm hurt I went in your ignore. Stop being an apologist for the crap we've witnessed. How sensitive does one have to be to ignore and not only that but to have to announce it?

So, given what you know after 3 games, what level of success against would satisfy your complaints?
This is what we have wanted for years: to be able to play top ranked teams during the season. When we were in C-USA, they would not schedule us, and now, with conference tie-ins, we played a real SEC team, not that pretender 70 miles to the East, in the Chick-Fil-A Classic. We played number 11 Clemson. I suspect Houston will be highly regarded at the end of the year. While I hate losing, we knew this could happen.

Exactly. As to the OPs complaint, and the team, stop making mistakes! We have some real nice new players on that field certainly enough to indicate that an alternate reality is within attainment. It's not like we've lost to Florida 28 years in a row, right? That is probably your fear though, and that I get. Take a hard line against losing and being satisfied with losing. I'll back you there, but I can also read b/w the lines and there are some promising tendencies already (fewer TOs in game 3 by far, young Crum and Samuel, etc.).

Good Defense's set up Good Offense's. We were top 10 because of Charlie's kids on D not
Todd's. We'll see in two years just how good TG really is When Charlie's kids are gone, that is
if TG is still DC.

Good Defense's set up Good Offense's. We were top 10 because of Charlie's kids on D not
Todd's. We'll see in two years just how good TG really is When Charlie's kids are gone, that is
if TG is still DC.

Again, it's YOUTH! Growing pains make us look bad, but still growing and when CBP gets'r fixed we'll be alright!

Reactions: vegasville1
if TG is still DC.
To say that is an overly simplistic view would be putting it mildly. Was our 6-6 record in 2007 more of a reflection on HWSNBN and staff or, the returning players (14 starters - including JB) who had just won the Orange Bowl? For a program like Louisville's - depth has always been an issue. Ours has never been better but if your offense is going to have your defense on the field for 80 snaps a game - against teams that force you to defend every inch of the field - you've got no chance. None.

Saying that "we'll know in two years how good TG really is When Charlie's kids are gone" is equally silly. Too many other factors come into play - most notably recruiting - to be able to make any sort of direct comparison. The fact is, we've had a serious upgrade in our competition level from the days of the BE & AAC. I think that CS is clearly a good defensive coach but it's not like we were shutting out teams at will during his tenure.

All of that talent that CS has down at UT hasn't stopped him from being beaten down regularly either...

You guys have lost your three games by a total of 13 points. And I would venture that Louisville has played the toughest schedule in the Nation up to this point. But the thing is that playing this level of schedule the margin of error is razor thin. Turnovers, penalties, missed chip shot field goals, those things make the difference in games like this when you are playing this kind of schedule.

I still think Petrino is a great coach and will get Louisville to where it wants to go. Why? Recruiting. He's still trying to get his guys in there. He's still coaching Strong's guys minus all the guys Louisville has lost to the draft the past two years which makes a difference too.

The good thing is the schedule does thin out a little bit now and I still predict Louisville to go 8-4.

I wonder which remaining game you think the Cards will lose? LOL. J/K. I know I'm a complete homer but I'm now looking at 9-3 with a 9 game winning streak going into post season play! I have to stay optimistic. It's what homers like me do. :D

Reactions: Louisvillian
ADVERTISEMENT