ADVERTISEMENT

YOU are the AD...

Louisville football vs top tier ACC teams:
vs Clemson 0-4
vs FSU 4-15
vs Miami 3-9
vs VT 2-5

Remind me again why Louisville has a better program? Yeah, they won alot of games in the Conf USA, Big East, etc when they were a group of five team. Now when they play with the big boys, if you want to call the ACC that, not so much...
Dude, is this really the game you want to play?

purdoo
vs. Ohio St. 14-40
vs. Michigan 14-40
vs. Wisconsin 28-48
vs. Penn St. 3-14
vs. UofL 0-1
and here's the best one - vs. kentucky 0-1 - lol.

You obviously have short term memory issues - the BE was not a group of 5 conference and neither it nor CUSA would have been leagues that purdoo would have had much more - if any - success in. We'll never know of course because even though purdoo can't compete in the league that they're in - much like the yuts - they're addicted to that welfare money that even bottom feeders get. BTW - the ACC has twice as many national champs in the last decade as the big 10.

Reactions: KerryRhodes

purdoo
vs. Ohio St. 14-40
vs. Michigan 14-40
vs. Wisconsin 28-48
vs. Penn St. 3-14
vs. UofL 0-1

You obviously have short term memory issues - the BE was not a group of 5 conference and neither it nor CUSA would have been leagues that purdoo would have had much more - if any - success in. We'll never know of course because even though purdoo can't compete in the league that they're in - much like the yuts - they're addicted to that welfare money that even bottom feeders get. BTW - the ACC has twice as many national champs in the last decade as the big 10.

They lost to SuCkS ? :eek:
Even Western Kentucky beat the cayuts.

Fall back boilers.
Yall are losing, just like yall are going to lose Brohm to Louisville

Reactions: BPGhost
There’s a decent chance they beat Wisconsin and Nebraska this year. Attract and retain great coaches? Lol. The AD has been at Purdue for 2 years and the president has been there for 5. The two of them plus the chairman of the board were instrumental in getting Brohm to Purdue. No idea what you’re talking about there. Saying Purdue doesn’t have anything else to sell is laughable. You really want to compare what Purdue has to sell versus Louisville? Lol. Purdue has plenty to sell.
This really is starting to have the feel of those uconn posters who were convinced that Louisville would never be invited to the ACC because they had so much more going for them. :rolleyes:

purdoo being semi close to his hometown and, purdoo being a semi P5 school, were more instrumental in JB's move to west laughayette than any of its employees. I'm not saying that purdoo doesn't have anything to sell - if I'm an engineering student - it would probably be in my top 10 but, that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

So yes, I really do want you to compare what purdoo has to sell vs Louisville to Jeff Brohm - lol. I'll hang up and listen.

Right, but what is the average class ranking of the Big Ten West teams v. ACC Atlantic?

How good you can recruit is relative to what the recruiting ceilings are of the teams you have to play. MD has improved their recruiting under DJD. But they still aren't even close to Michigan or Ohio State, and Penn State is pulling away as well. A Top 25 class still probably doesn't give you a chance to win the Big Ten East consistently.
When FSU gets it going, what level do you have to recruit at to consistently beat Clemson or FSU? And then throw in an NC State team that will also probably be recruiting at that level. It's a tough job.

Whereas the highest ranking Big Ten West team in the 247 Team Talent list is Nebraska at 26. It's a division void of talent. And so good coaching and okay recruiting is going to go a lot further.
That was a lot to type to say that purdoo doesn't recruit as well as Louisville.

That was a lot to type to say that purdoo doesn't recruit as well as Louisville.

It's irrelevant whether you recruit as well as somebody you don't play, in a different conference. All that matters is how you recruit relative to the teams on your schedule.
Pretending otherwise is just silly.

It's irrelevant whether you recruit as well as somebody you don't play, in a different conference. All that matters is how you recruit relative to the teams on your schedule.
Pretending otherwise is just silly.
"All that matters is how you recruit relative to the teams on your schedule" would make more sense if a school played only other schools within the division of whatever conference they are in and didn't attempt to play meaningful OOC games, were interested in competing for overall conference championships, bowl victories and NCs. It's small time thinking but, I get that a lot of programs, and fans of those programs do it.

That said, pretending that being able to recruit more successfully at one school vs. another (regardless if they play each other) isn't a selling point to high level HCs - who want to compete at the highest level - when they are deciding on offers from schools competing for their services - which was the crux of my point - is far sillier.

purdoo
vs. Ohio St. 14-40
vs. Michigan 14-40
vs. Wisconsin 28-48
vs. Penn St. 3-14
vs. UofL 0-1

LMAO
All Time Winning %
Purdue .520 in the Big Ten
U of L .527 in the ACC, MVC, Little East, Conf USA

Yeah, the Little East and Conf USA were such powerhouses in football. I'm sure Purdue's winning % would be lower playing that competition. And by the way, that .520 winning % includes playing Notre Dame every year prior to the late 2000's on top of the Big Ten schedule. So give me a break with your better program horse$hit....

This really is starting to have the feel of those uconn posters who were convinced that Louisville would never be invited to the ACC because they had so much more going for them. :rolleyes:

purdoo being semi close to his hometown and, purdoo being a semi P5 school, were more instrumental in JB's move to west laughayette than any of its employees. I'm not saying that purdoo doesn't have anything to sell - if I'm an engineering student - it would probably be in my top 10 but, that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

So yes, I really do want you to compare what purdoo has to sell vs Louisville to Jeff Brohm - lol. I'll hang up and listen.

Semi-Power 5 school. LMAO. That's rich from someone who's team has been in a Power 5 conference for 5 to 6 years. And please don't try to say the Little East was Power 5.

LMAO
All Time Winning %

Yeah, the Little East and Conf USA were such powerhouses in football. I'm sure Purdue's winning % would be lower playing that competition. And by the way, that .520 winning % includes playing Notre Dame every year prior to the late 2000's on top of the Big Ten schedule. So give me a break with your better program horse$hit....

All Time winning percentage...LOL. How’s your winning percentage against your old Big Ten rival the University of Chicago Maroons?

Reactions: CommodoreCard
LMAO
All Time Winning %

And you've failed to say how many times the Boils beat Notre Dame in those meetings.

LMAO
All Time Winning %

What I got from your post is that Louisville’s winning percentage is higher. Thanks for stopping by B.

Semi-Power 5 school. LMAO. That's rich from someone who's team has been in a Power 5 conference for 5 to 6 years. And please don't try to say the Little East was Power 5.
Wow, that really was a comprehensive comparison of what purdoo has to sell to Brohm versus what Louisville does - lol.

We get it - you’ve got nothing.

“Little East” - lulz.

LMAO
All Time Winning %

You couldn’t have won the Big East or cUSA. Indeed, Purdue would have been the fourth or fifth best team in the BE, after WVU, Rutgers, UL, some years Cincinnati, USF, Pitt (which sucks) and UConn. Just try to beat the hosers before you take the next step.

Wow, that really was a comprehensive comparison of what purdoo has to sell to Brohm versus what Louisville does - lol.

“Little East” - lulz.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Was busy watching Drew Brees moving into 2nd place in the record books and soon to pass Peyton Manning. Among several others. Who did you say was your school's legend in the NFL? Oh that's right, you got Teddy Bridgewater. LMAO...keep dreaming.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Was busy watching Drew Brees moving into 2nd place in the record books and soon to pass Peyton Manning. Among several others. Who did you say was your school's legend in the NFL? Oh that's right, you got Teddy Bridgewater. LMAO...keep dreaming.
LMAO - I’m sure purdoo”s “nfl legend” depth will be the absolute reason JB will stay.

It’s fun watching you disintegrate. Two more posts and they’ll be nothing left of you but a sugar stain.

“Little East” - lulz.

Recruiting advantages vs Louisville
1) Better campus
2) Better academics
3) More players developed and playing in the NFL - we have legends in the NFL
4) Chicago and Indianapolis both an hour away
5) Better conference
6) Better path to the division championship
7) AD and President willing to invest in facilities and coaches
8) No lawsuits from previous slimy coaches
9) Big Ten revenue
10) Newly updated football facilities
11) Literally never had to take a donors name off of our football stadium

I could keep going, but I think my work is done here. Good night...

The University of Chicago dropped out of the Big 10+4 in the 1940s. They still have more Big 10+4 Championships than Purdue.

Penn State has only been in the Big 10+4 since 1992 and they have more Big 10+4 Championships than Purdue.

This is overall sports too, not just football. :D

But hey, you got that President and AD scrambling to fix that, right?

Recruiting advantages vs Louisville
1) Better campus
2) Better academics
3) More players developed and playing in the NFL - we have legends in the NFL
4) Chicago and Indianapolis both an hour away
5) Better conference
6) Better path to the division championship
7) AD and President willing to invest in facilities and coaches
8) No lawsuits from previous slimy coaches
9) Big Ten revenue
10) Newly updated football facilities
11) Literally never had to take a donors name off of our football stadium

I could keep going, but I think my work is done here. Good night...
Are you slow? Did I ask you what purdoo has to sell recruits versus what Louisville does? Pretty sure I asked you what the boils had to sell Brohm over Louisville to keep him there. 9 of your 11 points would have zero effect on his decision.

BTW - hilarious that your 4th best point is that west laughfayette is sort of close to cities people might actually want to be in - lol. That’s when you know that where you live is a shit town.

Currently there is a Heisman winner. Historically have you ever heard of Johnny Unitas?

BTW - hilarious that your 4th best point is that west laughfayette is sort of close to cities people might actually want to be in - lol. That’s when you know that where you live is a shit town.

His 3rd post is a strange one too. Says Purdue has more guys in the NFL - according to opening day rosters UofL had 15 Purdue had 10.

Feels like the time the Russians bombed Pearl Harbor around here.

ADVERTISEMENT