ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday was fun, sans the outcome.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Everything was pretty much covered in the blackout thread from a few weeks ago, but I'd just like to reiterate what a stupid idea that was given it was close to 90 degrees and not everyone got the memo, including the coaching staff.

Tyra was zooming by in his official Louisville Athletic Director golf cart. He noticed us and tossed us a pair of pretty cool UofL pants.

I saw a tailgate activity I have never seen before. There were two 5 foot high posts about 10- 15 yards apart. Each had an empty beer can on top of it. The objective was to throw a frisbee to knock the can off. Looked fun. I did not see many successful throws.

The basketball team has a premium tailgate tent. We were right behind them. They are, and I'm not being a homer here, a great bunch of guys. They were all very polite, and seemed genuinely appreciative of fans wanting to take their pictures, etc. Igiehon really stands out in a crowd. Sutton is built for MMA.

Card March was really solid.

I'm seeing mixed reactions about Notre Dame fans. I did see one jack ass dude talk trash to a young lady as he walked down the stadium steps. He was pretty aggressive. The young lady didn't seem to mind, though. Other than that, the ND fans I interacted with were pretty cool. One bought me a beer because I helped his broken footed wife to her seat.

I liked the effort. There were a lot of big plays. Players played with passion. The newness of the offensive and defensive schemes will take time to get adjusted to, from a fan perspective. There were times when I was like "what is that?" Overall, though, very encouraging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT